Next season starting line up . | Page 2 | Vital Football

Next season starting line up .

I’ve just got this feeling it’s going to be Benitez and Parker . With Ledley promoted again .
I can feel it in my water , as my Nan used to say !!!!!!!!
But I’m on the wrong thread ...........

I assume you mean Bale on another loan, rather than outright purchase and multi-year contract?

I think this is where we need to get really strict. I can see perhaps a logic for an experienced centre half, just over 25. Perhaps a keeper as well as they have a longer career. Apart from that, I'm all for having an U25 policy in the transfer market. No more Matt Dohertys !!!

yeah just another years loan

I assume you mean Bale on another loan, rather than outright purchase and multi-year contract?

I think this is where we need to get really strict. I can see perhaps a logic for an experienced centre half, just over 25. Perhaps a keeper as well as they have a longer career. Apart from that, I'm all for having an U25 policy in the transfer market. No more Matt Dohertys !!!

Doherty was Jose's greatest signing.

I think Reggie will prove to be his best... His form dipped badly last few months so was nice to see him getting more involved again yesterday

I'm still baffled. Gross incompetence buying or loaning players and then not even including them in your plans.

However, most of it won't bother the new guy. He will appreciate Reggie, Bergwijn, Hojbjerg, Rodon etc. Also, low risk with Bale, Vini, Gedson etc as they were loanees anyway. It was only Doherty that looked out of place in our long term strategy to build a squad. Even Hart bought us a bit of time and was on a 2 year deal.

I think we will be a VERY different looking team next season...and I for one am excited for it. We need a refresh. Like REALLY need a refresh

This level of refresh is dangerous though. We needed to refresh 3 seasons ago (the summer before the CL final) and we've made some REALLY poor choices since then. Jose being the absolute worst choice.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I don't think we made one successful signing last summer.

• Hojbjerg - ok signing, but has epitomised a midfield that has failed to control games all season long.
  • Reguilon - started brightly but is really struggling to adapt to England.
  • Bale - has taken too long to get going properly.
  • Rodon - could become successful but so far nothing proven.
  • Lo Celso - has struggled this season but there is a top player in there.
  • Doherty - feel for the guy. Screwed over by a manager that didnt know his position.
  • Hart - hard to judge as he has hardly played, which was to be expected.
  • Vinicius - a few glimpses but given very little chance, even when Kane was playing crap.

This level of refresh is dangerous though. We needed to refresh 3 seasons ago (the summer before the CL final) and we've made some REALLY poor choices since then. Jose being the absolute worst choice.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I don't think we made one successful signing last summer.

• Hojbjerg - ok signing, but has epitomised a midfield that has failed to control games all season long.
  • Reguilon - started brightly but is really struggling to adapt to England.
  • Bale - has taken too long to get going properly.
  • Rodon - could become successful but so far nothing proven.
  • Lo Celso - has struggled this season but there is a top player in there.
  • Doherty - feel for the guy. Screwed over by a manager that didnt know his position.
  • Hart - hard to judge as he has hardly played, which was to be expected.
  • Vinicius - a few glimpses but given very little chance, even when Kane was playing crap.

Spot on, if you say, "I don't think one of our summer signings had a successful season". And then the rest is easily explained after the spectacular dismissal of the Legendary Manager.

Wouldn't judge the overall success of a signing on one fuked up season like that. Some might prove to really be shit, but there's a few in there that'll show well in a competent setup.

GLC worries me the most.

You must be the only Spurs fan that thought Kane was staying!

You'd better think twice about Dele and Son as well!

Told you, Levy has a horror summer coming, and you can see why now, no way was he going to entrust the rebuild to that prick Jose.

I think he wants the move. I'm unsure Levy will sell due to covid reducing transfer fee prices.

All depends on what we get offered. Can't see Levy selling less than 150m.

It works both ways though. We may not get the fee we could have a couple of years ago but the cost of his replacement(s) will have dropped also.

Speaking with an agent this morning, his view was that quality will retain much of their value but even they will have dropped around 20-25% depending on a clubs ability to play.

It would appear Cash is king and those owners who still have plenty sloshing round - such as the oil-owned clubs will be in the driving seat. His view is that FFFP will be so far relaxed that it is almost pointless having it - the dependency on the big clubs for the whole of the European transfer market liquidity i.e. the trickledown effect is apparently now almost the only thing standing between survival and going bust for many clubs.

It would appear that whilst the expectation is of a depressed summer market and a low volume, most especially if the PL isn't spending big.

View attachment 48755
Changed it a little bit with Kane and Ndombele moving on

I think the days of us being able to buy Grealish are long gone. If he has a good summer - he'll be close to £75 to 90 mill to get him away from there and it's highly unlikely he'd move to us, like it or not, apart from the money it would look like a sideways move - not the BIG one he wants.

Rackny, I’ve stolen your look.

Love it 👍

Here’s my idea for next season.

Rebuild with young hungry players.

Get Ake and Jesus included in any deal for Kane.

Attachments

• 1AA2F16C-17E1-4A83-B8B7-A61A020D486F.jpeg
    1AA2F16C-17E1-4A83-B8B7-A61A020D486F.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 9