Next Forest Manager | Page 2 | Vital Football

Next Forest Manager

Cook is a proper "fad" manager.

This decade's Dave Penney or Mike Newell

He’s got a record of success just about everywhere he’s gone - every club where he has managed for more than a season is a club at which he has won silverware. He has won the title in his previous 3 Football League jobs. He’s more Neil Warnock than Dave Penney.

He’s got a record of success just about everywhere he’s gone - every club where he has managed for more than a season is a club at which he has won silverware. He has won the title in his previous 3 Football League jobs. He’s more Neil Warnock than Dave Penney.
He hasn't won promotion, or indeed anything, in this league.

He was a relegated manager last season; and after the first 10 games of last season they looked nailed on for relegation anyway. Fair play for rallying them.

But his team lost to us in our worst performance of the season and were an extremely bland side with some decent players.

Maybe he would turn this side into something good, maybe he wouldn't. It would be a lot more of a gamble than people seem to think though

I don’t understand this view that Nigel Pearson is suddenly a proven manager? He managed to get Leicester up eventually, fine but has done nothing else of note, other continuously be a total bellend and completely unstable - might as well get Billy back if we go down that route.

Don’t forget how dreadful Pearson was with Derby and managed to somehow fall out with the Watford board when he nearly steered them clear.

I wouldn’t be against Hughton - he’s not the same as Pearson at all, both in quality of CV and personality. Hughton has won promotion with two different championship clubs, one of which had no right to go up and whom he kept there for years to come and continue to enjoy top flight football.

He kept Norwich up against all odds and above it all, isn’t a complete tosser.

Failing Hughton, I’d honestly see if we can grab Warnock - getting to a point where I wonder if he’s just meant to be the one to take us up.

He hasn't won promotion, or indeed anything, in this league.

He was a relegated manager last season; and after the first 10 games of last season they looked nailed on for relegation anyway. Fair play for rallying them.

But his team lost to us in our worst performance of the season and were an extremely bland side with some decent players.

Maybe he would turn this side into something good, maybe he wouldn't. It would be a lot more of a gamble than people seem to think though

Wfee as is the point in putting up a thread , posing a question then just being your usual arrogant prick self smashing other people’s opinions out the water ?
It’s called bullying pope
God help the impressionable children you have in your care or indeed your own

I don’t understand this view that Nigel Pearson is suddenly a proven manager? He managed to get Leicester up eventually, fine but has done nothing else of note, other continuously be a total bellend and completely unstable - might as well get Billy back if we go down that route.

Don’t forget how dreadful Pearson was with Derby and managed to somehow fall out with the Watford board when he nearly steered them clear.

I wouldn’t be against Hughton - he’s not the same as Pearson at all, both in quality of CV and personality. Hughton has won promotion with two different championship clubs, one of which had no right to go up and whom he kept there for years to come and continue to enjoy top flight football.

He kept Norwich up against all odds and above it all, isn’t a complete tosser.

Failing Hughton, I’d honestly see if we can grab Warnock - getting to a point where I wonder if he’s just meant to be the one to take us up.
Pearson succeeded at Southampton, got Leicester promoted twice. He left Derby because Mel Morris apparently wanted to watch training using drones.

He is a bit... Touchy. But he can get sides working and doing all the basics well.

Hughton should be any championship club's first choice but if he didn't go to Bristol why would he come to us?

Wfee as is the point in putting up a thread , posing a question then just being your usual arrogant prick self smashing other people’s opinions out the water ?
It’s called bullying pope
God help the impressionable children you have in your care or indeed your own
Oh, here we go.

If I wanted to argue with a pretend person i'd start a slanging match with my Alexa

If he wasn’t dead I’d give Peter Grant a chance.

he probably wouldn’t take it but Frank Clark is still around & given the length of time our managers get, his age really isn’t an issue.

Given his record at the City Ground Ian Holloway would be challenging the KING for unbeaten home records, plus it might actually make pre & post match interviews interesting.

We seem to be the only people prepared to employ him so the KING could always return but he’s just got too much baggage & I think he’d fight with our owner which might well see him, brutally & totally accidentally cutting off his own head whilst combing his hair.

There’s always Eddie Howe of course.

Not Boring Nigel Pearson or NLN though please FFS

Any attacking manager rather than the typical boring negative style, so I'm ruling Chris Hughton out. More of the same pragmatic boring style of football sabri serves up.