Next 6 games | Vital Football

Next 6 games

MaltaRed

Vital Football Hero
Looking at the next 6 games , before another break, I think that if we get less than 12 points it will be squezzy bum for AK....failing to at least improve on what we did so far and climb the table by at least 3 or 4 places ...the Boro game might have a big significance in AK's future...what are your thoughts...?

Sacking a manager that has just been trusted to bring in over 20 players (or whatever the number is) is absolutely bonkers.

He needs, at minimum, the whole season and preferably two. The only thing that should change this is, as Radford stated, we are in danger of relegation after Christmas.

AK has been trusted to completely overhaul the squad so he should be trusted to show what he can do with it.

I will always voice my frustration if I feel he has picked the wrong side or if the team or certain players have played poorly but overall I want him to do well and see out the season.

In the next 6 games if we start seeing some improvement in performance I will be happy enough.

It’s a marathon not a sprint after all.

I don’t think anyone is ramping up the pressure on AK we all want him to do well and lead us to the promised land but for me it’s his defensive attitude to games what is driving me mad.
I can fully understand if we go to Swansea and look for a point but Reading and Brum at home what’s that all about.
Let’s hope he as realised Watson and Colback does not work

I m not saying that he should be sacked...what i asking is what people expect crom the next 6 games ...as a minimum...at the end of the day the sacking and appointing of managers is up to the people that invested their money on the club. The timeframes and targets given to AK probably will remain secret ..at least until he is here...if they keep him it means that he is on track with the programme, if he is sacked it means that he is far from achieving the agreed targets...my guess nd this is just my guess...a top 6 finish this year ( not meaning promotion), is a main target. The players that we signed(not all of them offcourse), maybe have 1 max 2 season left in them...after that another rebuilding excersize will have to take place...so top 6 this year nd promotion the following...if this doesn't happen we have to start afresh..

AK definitely deserves and needs 2 full seasons.
He has completely overhauled the squad and needs this time for everyone to gel etc.
It will be towards the end of this season before we see the very best from this squad.
WBA was a glimpse of what we can do, consistency of performance and selection will allow this squad to deliver.

AK definitely deserves and needs 2 full seasons.
He has completely overhauled the squad and needs this time for everyone to gel etc.
It will be towards the end of this season before we see the very best from this squad.
WBA was a glimpse of what we can do, consistency of performance and selection will allow this squad to deliver.
Other managers with a fraction of money available werent given two years or close to that...what makes you think that AK will be given that time? Maybe the signing of close to 20 players half of them with zero re sale value? As things stand do you think that we should keep signing new players? Keep doing it will never allow anysort if gelling i guess...or we r going to end up keep blaming the gelling thing...my feeling is that AK, even if we get promotion, will get sacked...similar to what happened at Boro...reason is that he doesnt have it in him to improve players...he is a trial and error manager...nd you can do that only for some time ...

I don’t think he will get a full season,these guys have put the money in and expect results

I don’t think he will get a full season,these guys have put the money in and expect results
That’s certainly my worry. We don’t know too much about the Chairman but we know our owner is a tad trigger happy so it depends who is really pulling the strings.

This is why I am hoping AK will get to grips with the squad and get them putting in performances that leave the punters happy even if we lose.

If he can do that and keep the fans behind him then that will only help his cause. The constant managerial churn has done us no favours so far so maybe it’s time to try keeping hold of one for a change.

I have always disliked AK's defensive attitude. However I agree, little is gained by swapping and changing managers. He has changed a squad around in 9 months and now needs to be given a further 9 months to mould it to his plan. Unfortunately that is not the way of things thus the speed of change at NFFC. He knows time is limited and results is everything, style is helpful. 12 points from 6 is automatic promo return so maybe 10 from 6 more realistic. We should expect a better second half of the season than first but we are only 6 games in to season.

We’ll draw all 6 at best & he’ll be sacked whether you want/support/want rid of a forest manager it doesn’t matter just wait a few weeks & there’ll be a different one.

down to performances probably more than where we finish despite the high goals. If we are progressing, playing great but not quite picking up points, bit unlucky, one or two injuries but are still entertaining us and giving us hope then its all good if we finish 9th.

If we continue to be inconsistent and he doesn't learn what a striker actually is and we stay just few points above that drop zone then id consider alternatives, rather than let him spend more money on over 30-year-old players for example.

I was happy with us yesterday but as Grabbans biggest critic perhaps then its a bit difficult to see where the goals are coming from right now

As someone who was less than impressed that we appointed Karanka in the first place, it’s still way too early to be replacing him.

However, for his own good, he needs a minimum of 4 points from the next two games otherwise I think the pressure will start to seriously mount, and so it should. His record overall with us so far has been really poor, despite heavy investment.

"the pressure will start to seriously mount"

From you lot you mean?

From what other source is this pressure going to mount?

Or are we still imagining that the way Marinakis manages Oly is going to translate to the club thousands of miles away he has no day to day involvement with?

If everyone on here actually urged patience and didn't talk about the sack, then I imagine you wouldn't perceive this imaginary pressure building at all.

And let's not pretend it is about money. The exact same people had the exact same problem with Freedman. He spent zero and it made no difference because people's problem is ideology. With Freedman, when we weren't winning it was about results and when we were it the performances that weren't good enough. It will be the same with Karanka because some of you just don't want him.

At least have the decency to admit that

Pope, just because I wasn’t enamoured with Karanka’s appointment doesn’t mean that I want him gone.

The point I was making is that he needs wins, we need wins, and these next two games are an ideal opportunity to collect 4 or ideally 6 points. I’m sorry but failure to do so, and rightly so, Karanka will and indeed should be under a bit of pressure.

The fact that we’ve spent money does add to the air of expectation, but even if you take this out of the equation, his record overall with us and especially this season, needs to improve dramatically.