Next 3 games | Vital Football

Next 3 games

Th10

Vital Squad Member
Win our next 2 and we go 5 points above Shrewsbury. They then play Bradford away on a Thursday and don't play on the Saturday when we play Rotherham. I think if we win the next 3 and Shrewsbury drop points at Bradford we're pretty much promoted.

After that on the Tuesday night we then play Oxford at home and they've got Charlton at home. If things go our way we could be 8 points clear of them going into that game.

Charlton are on a run at the moment and could be the spoilers for Shrewsbury and Blackburn who both have to play them.

An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promised joy.

A man of letters hindley.

Oh dan...whats the likes of me and thee doing rubbing shoulders with this lot on here?...its so beneath us pal.

Perhaps we could start a literary section hindley. Might improve the prose, punctuation and spelling. Not all have benefitted from a grammar school education!

Wish the management had not decided on an holiday instead of having a go at Rochdale the first time round.
We would have beat them then but now theyre fighting to stay up and with a manager that likes to play football that idiotic decision may come back to haunt us.

Wish the management had not decided on an holiday instead of having a go at Rochdale the first time round.
We would have beat them then but now theyre fighting to stay up and with a manager that likes to play football that idiotic decision may come back to haunt us.

What if having a break then has kept the players fresh and mentally ready for the run in?
It might only have been 1 game but a few days away with the family or as a group could have done wonders for team spirit.

It was a long time before the run in that holiday. November. In the days before Gavin Massey wasnt the scapegoat.

can you remember what happened to the last team we played that was fighting to stay up and have a manager that likes to play football?

How is Massey a scapegoat? A scapegoat for what exactly? He hasn't done much to avoid critisism, but he hasn't cost us many points as we've not dropped a great many so far.

can you remember what happened to the last team we played that was fighting to stay up and have a manager that likes to play football?

How is Massey a scapegoat? A scapegoat for what exactly? He hasn't done much to avoid critisism, but he hasn't cost us many points as we've not dropped a great many so far.

I think I speak for a lot of people in saying that Massey isn't a bad player, in fact I think for League 1 he can be effective in games. The problem is he goes through long periods, even games without being effective or doing anything notable. I think he is one of the least technical players in the starting 11, which is fine, he relies on his speed. The problem is that after a poor performance, which all players can have, PC has continued to start him, and is frustrating when you have a player like Colclough and now Walker on the bench.

For me, I personally think Colclough is a better player, more dangerous, more technical, a MUCH better striker of the ball, left and right, and constant threat in games. The only thing Coco doesn't have compared to Massey is the fitness level.

Not everyone is going to agree with every managerial decision, and obviously PC knows what he is doing. Just my view from 3,000 miles away