News Headlines | Vital Football

News Headlines

Nick Real Deal

Vital Football Legend
I usually have an opinion right or wrong about the daily news stories. I thought it would be good to bounce some thoughts around on a dedicated thread.

Today I learnt with a heavy heart of the loss of a USAF pilot over our seas in East Yorkshire. I heard about the crash this morning then the news came of discovery of the wreckage and then the pilot. This has hit me today.

No idea where to put this and apologies if someone has already referred to it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53051096

A man has been jailed for urinating at the Westminster memorial dedicated to PC Keith Palmer.

What I can't get my head round is, why BBC had to include the Spurs link in the article?

"Banks, a Tottenham Hotspur fan, said he had travelled to central London with other football supporters to "protect statues", but admitted he did not know which statues. "

Last edited:
No idea where to put this and apologies if someone has already referred to it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53051096

A man has been jailed for urinating at the Westminster memorial dedicated to PC Keith Palmer.

What I can't get my head round is, why BBC had to include the Spurs link in the article?

"Banks, a Tottenham Hotspur fan, said he had travelled to central London with other football supporters to "protect statues", but admitted he did not know which statues. "

He went there to protect statues then pissed on a memorial of a brave Police Officer who lost his life trying to protect us. He said he had drunk 16 pints of beer. He got 2 weeks in jail. I dont know what the tariff is for being drunk and disorderly, urinating in public and desecration of a memorial but 2 weeks seems a bit light

He went there to protect statues then pissed on a memorial of a brave Police Officer who lost his life trying to protect us. He said he had drunk 16 pints of beer. He got 2 weeks in jail. I dont know what the tariff is for being drunk and disorderly, urinating in public and desecration of a memorial but 2 weeks seems a bit light

Agreed, as all his actions were premeditated...but pi%%ed off that Spurs had to be dragged in to the story, as if to stereotype our fans.

The story that intrigues me today is the Foreign Office changes. Apparently the UK is the third biggest foreign aid contributor and the 0.7 of GDP will not change. However where the money is spent might and be more tailored to the UKs interests. What is the motive for Boris ? , some streamlining will happen I guess by amalgamation of two departments.

The news item that has impacted most on me today is the sad death of Willie Thorne. Only 66 and always seemed a nice guy. I met him once briefly and exchanged a few words. Stylish player and break builder. Liked a joke too. He once quipped that the ref was cleaning the ball which had a hair on it....I can assure you it's not one of mine..

I get Boris's plane being painted in Union Jack livery but it's already in RAF guise which is British already. Maybe a couple of Union Jack flag decals to the tail would have been enough. Having a fecking great flag flying into airports is a bit brash IMO.

Wow - just been sent that horrible WhatsApp video from Forbury Park in Reading. Sky news are now running the story. Not confirmed yet on Sky News, but seems there could be deaths involved after multiple stabbings. What is the world coming to?

Wow - just been sent that horrible WhatsApp video from Forbury Park in Reading. Sky news are now running the story. Not confirmed yet on Sky News, but seems there could be deaths involved after multiple stabbings. What is the world coming to?

Very sad and worrying, all I know is the terrorist was from Libya, male and 25. I am lost for words.

We had them years ago 1981 there as well.

I used to work at Clapham then and from the roof top of the place I worked on night shift I saw all the fires and heard all the sirens.....nothing changes people will mass and great havoc for good, noble, bad and no reasons ....in those days we youngsters had so much more freedom though.....no cameras or phone tracking, mostly high jinks / so called fun. Young people do this , they looked for a cause and go for it, they joined a group, skinhead greaser etc and go for it, we 'rebelled' usually for no reason other than mischief/fun, and we did not get told to isolate for three months and allow our hormones to be quashed and quelkled and run riot. A worthwhile cause or fun, these mass gatherings are inevitable and have and will occur and recur...

Recycling news!

Frugalpac have developed and designed a 95% recyclabe bottle made in paperboard with a liner and can be recycled with paper. Wow good job hope it catches on! Apparently does not affect the taste of the contents due to the liner which I guess is the 5% bit!

Also I received a package the other day with breakable content so it was packed out with the supposedly polystyrene loose fillers I was just about to put them in the non recyclable bin when I read a flyer in the box....Do not throw these away recycle them...they are made of maze starch and just dissolve them in luke warm water as they are biodegradable and safe to put into the water system. Well I never it was magic and I actually enjoyed seeing them dissolve and breakdown.....I knew that corn starch is a common food ingredient, often used to thicken sauces or soups, and to make corn syrup and other sugars, but this is a truly great use of the product ....did not know this!

Have to wait till Feb 21st 2021 for the fireworks mate...New year ....Year of the OX!

Seriously you are right NRD it is going to kick off hugely

Have to wait till Feb 21st 2021 for the fireworks mate...New year ....Year of the OX!

Seriously you are right NRD it is going to kick off hugely

I'm not sure what to make of Boris offering 3 million Hong Kongers residency in the UK. It seems an honourable thing to do but it's probably what China would want, get rid of them an replace with Chinese . Also should the residents stay and fight for their rights ?