News Headlines | Page 6 | Vital Football

News Headlines

Not quite a headline news, nonetheless, tickled me!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58746703

A missing man in Turkey accidentally joined his own search party for hours before realising he was the person they were looking for, local media reports.
Beyhan Mutlu had been drinking with friends on Tuesday when he wandered into a forest in Bursa province.
When he failed to return, his wife and friends alerted local authorities and a search party was sent out.
Mr Mutlu, 50, then stumbled across the search party and decided to join them, NTV reported.
But when members of the search party began calling out his name, he replied: "I am here."

He was taken aside by one of the rescuer workers to give a statement.
"Don't punish me too harshly, officer. My father will kill me," he reportedly told them.
Police then drove Mr Mutlu home. It is not clear if he was given a fine.

The UK now has a direct cable link to Norway stretching 450 miles to carry electricity from Norways Hydro Electric production capacity.

China has torn down statues and removed wall plaques at Hong Kong University. They commemorated the Tianmen Square protests. Also some protestors who marked the Tianmen event with a yearly march were imprisoned for between 6 months and a year approx.

The statues were removed because no official permission was granted China said. The plaques because they broke legality rules.
I bought some new face masks the other day....Made in UK.

Last edited:
China has torn down statues and removed wall plaques at Hong Kong University. They commemorated the Tianamen Square protests. Also some protestors who marked the Tianamen event with a yearly march were imprisoned for between 6 months and a year approx.

The statues were removed because no official permission was granted China said. The plaques because they broke legality rules.
I bought some new face masks the other day....Made in UK.

Rewriting or hiding history as e.g the anti slavers pulling statues down want to do. The spin should be leave them there and put the reasons why thoughts have changed ....so people can decide for themselves if it is right or wrong. China is a harder issue of course!

More arrests and imprisonments in Hong Kong involving Tianmenem protests.

Hong Kong as an independent government is over, exactly as most pundits predicted it would be given a period of Chinese government oversight and control.

China now believes it can do what it likes, including rewriting history and who's to argue with them?

Is China looking to foreclose on some poorer countries?

Xi Makes Insolvent Friends Wait for Bailout: Balance of Power
1400x-1.jpg

A demonstration against the economic crisis at the entrance of the president's office in Colombo, Sri Lanka, on April 11.
Photographer: ISHARA S. KODIKARA/AFP
By
Daniel Ten Kate
April 13, 2022, 6:14 a.m. EDT

The U.S. has often accused China of using “debt diplomacy” to make developing nations more dependent on Beijing.
Yet the case of Sri Lanka and Pakistan — both friends of China facing dire financial situations as inflation soars — shows that President Xi Jinping is becoming more reluctant to pull out the checkbook.
China still hasn’t made good on a pledge to re-issue loans totaling $4 billion that Pakistan repaid in late March, and it hasn’t responded to Sri Lanka’s pleas for $2.5 billion in credit support.
Key Reading:
While China has pledged to help both countries, the more cautious approach reflects both a rethink of Xi’s signature Belt-and-Road Initiative as well as a hesitancy to be seen interfering in messy domestic political situations.
Pakistan got a new prime minister on Monday after parliament booted out former cricket star Imran Khan, and Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa is facing pressure from protesters to step down.
1000x-1.jpg

With Covid-19 lockdowns taking a toll on the economy, Xi has enough problems at home to worry about. Yet ultimately China is likely to work with both nations to restructure their debt, as it has recently with governments elsewhere in the world.
Instead of responding like a predatory lender, China these days is acting more like a disappointed relative who feels responsible to help.— Daniel Ten Kate

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/news...ent-friends-wait-for-bailout-balance-of-power

I see the Queen has restricted balcony space to working Royals only.....what will she be doing there then ? All she seems to do is cancel appointments.
Time to step down and give Charles a chance before he croaks it. He will be busy with all the absentees recently. Harry, Megan, Philip and Andrew would have been covering Royal appearances.

Quite a lot in the news about black mold in homes. We had experience of this in our rented bungalow due to roof tiles dislodged causing water seepage through the ceilings and a leaking pipe above our bathroom. It took the landlord months to fix.
We dealt with it with anti mould cleaner and painting over the best we could until it was fixed.
The conditions that little boy was living in who died were disgusting and the housing provider has a lot to answer for. But those photos suggested a long period of neglect. Could the parents have cleaned it regularly to keep to a minimum ?

Last edited:
Indonesia are about to impose strict laws on sex outside marriage. 1 year in jail being the maximum term. A young woman was recently caned for transgression.
Cohabitation outside marriage can carry a 6 month sentence.
The religion is predominantly....guess what ?
That's another country off my product purchase list. !!

The Taliban in Afghanistan have imposed strict punishments including public executions, amputations and stoning. In accordance with Sharia laws.
They have rescinded freedoms to women including education.

An Iranian man has been executed in Iran for hatred against God. Also for rioting and protesting against the regime.
It's just been reported on the news that the authorities in Iran will be judging reaction to this, both at home and abroad, before deciding in the fate of a good many more facing the death sentence for similarly ridiculous 'crimes'.