Newport County issue apology after fans allegedly mock Bradford fire tragedy | Vital Football

Newport County issue apology after fans allegedly mock Bradford fire tragedy

Just read it before coming on vitals. I would imagine it's a very small number of morons and not representative of their fan base at all.
Every club has a few idiots. Unfortunately.

Newport. Again.

Remember DC being pelted with coins in December 2017? The terrace behind the dugouts was closed at that time because...opposing managers had been pelted with coins.

Gwent Police were investigating that, too. Anyone remember what the outcome was?

Posaibly the worst verbal abuse I've read about at a football game.
Moron or morons who came out with it need identifying and dealing with.
Ban them, fine them, jail, whatever it takes.

Especially nasty to have been directed at Stuart McCall when his own Dad was nearly one of the victims.

People these days really disgust me. They have no respect, are inhuman and completely ignorant. No moral or social standards. I’m afraid it’s a symptom of today’s society. Parents upbringing, peer pressure, social media misuse and crap TV and media. When this is all you know as you are brought up the line between right and wrong, good and bad, etc just blurs into insignificance and kids just think it is ‘normal‘ behaviour and don’t seem to understand it when others pull them up or comment on their behaviour. They even think, on occasions, it’s the morally responsible people who are in the wrong. So sad.

Well done them. And really not up to Newport to apologise. They could not have known that a few mindless idiots could have come out with such vile abuse.
I expect that Newport officials were embarrassed, mortified and angered in equal measure that it happened within the context of their club and would have very much seen it as the decent thing to do although responsibility does and always will remain with the individuals involved.

People these days really disgust me. They have no respect, are inhuman and completely ignorant. No moral or social standards. I’m afraid it’s a symptom of today’s society. Parents upbringing, peer pressure, social media misuse and crap TV and media. When this is all you know as you are brought up the line between right and wrong, good and bad, etc just blurs into insignificance and kids just think it is ‘normal‘ behaviour and don’t seem to understand it when others pull them up or comment on their behaviour. They even think, on occasions, it’s the morally responsible people who are in the wrong. So sad.

Whilst what happened in this case is disgusting, let's not go down the 'these days' route. Football grounds in the 70s and 80s were far worse places that they are now.

Beyond sick, people were burnt alive or choked to death on the horrific smoke.
The video was used in a fire safety training at work, the fire safety officer used it example of how not to exit a burning building!
I walked out in disgust!

Whilst what happened in this case is disgusting, let's not go down the 'these days' route. Football grounds in the 70s and 80s were far worse places that they are now.

There was the infamous occasion in the mid-1970s when Cardiff City played Manchester United at home and the chant was 'Munich, Munich 58', to which the visiting 'supporters' responded with 'Aberfan, Aberfan'.

I know what you mean but I was talking in terms of today’s ‘enlightened’ society supposedly where such abuse was (I thought) almost a thing of the past, but it keeps rearing it’s ugly head.