Newport County 1 - 4 Manchester City - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax | Page 2 | Vital Football

Newport County 1 - 4 Manchester City - JOTS, Stats Link & Post Match Reax

Newport striker Padraig Amond speaking to BBC Match of the Day:
"I am very proud to have scored in every round but disappointed we didn’t get the grand slam finish we were hoping for. But we can be proud of ourselves and today we have played against one of the best teams in Europe and we frustrated them for a long time. Ultimately we're disappointed to lose the game.
"You hope when you get the chance you can take it. They are very good on the ball and they can play on any surface and they showed that tonight.
"The club has been immense throughout the run. You have kids wanting to play for Newport County and maybe before that they wanted to play for Cardiff, Bristol, Swansea. The club can be very proud to inspire a new generation."

Great to see the respect and great to see it highlighted too.

What a stop from Ederson, that goes in then who knows?

Great to see the respect and great to see it highlighted too.

What a stop from Ederson, that goes in then who knows?
Critical. Was I the only to notice the commentator saying that “it may have come off the post”? Unbelievable Jeff. It was an outstanding reaction save. De Gea makes that and they would wet themselves.

Re the “Emerson” save as John Hartson calls him! If that was the cult’s Allison there would be songs sung about it at one of their weirdo conventions.
A derby postponement to a later date could be handy for us re the rags as their “Pearce-ish” revival further erodes.

Re the “Emerson” save as John Hartson calls him! If that was the cult’s Allison there would be songs sung about it at one of their weirdo conventions.
A derby postponement to a later date could be handy for us re the rags as their “Pearce-ish” revival further erodes.
apparently, Hartson was critical of City and the players throughout the match and his reference to Eddy as Emerson just shows how much time and effort they put into their commentary.

I get that the underdog v The Megagiant Club narrative is attractive and tempting, but I did get thoroughly cheesed off with the constant allusions to how “City’s players aren’t finding it as easy as they might have expected”. That performance yesterday was one of the most professional I have seen - there was zero complacency and nothing was taken for granted. They showed their opponents due respect & perhaps that cou”d have been mentioned more readily.

Harrison was simply lazy and full of stereotypes. I know he was partisan but his gradual, grudging acknowledgement of the first penalty shout was a classic ‘one eyed’ view of the game rather than being balanced.