Newcastle | Page 3 | Vital Football

Newcastle

It's tough for football to do anything about this. If new rules prevented this particular takeover, then doubtless an intermediary would be put in to buy the club instead.
International capital will always get round any barriers we try to put in place.

And other issue is if the likes of Saudis are deemed unfit for our football then what happens whenever the national side gets drawn against them in a World Cup say?
Or even if they get to host a World Cup one day (and that has to be a likely event in next decade or two).
And of course upcoming World Cup is in similarly 'not good' Qatar. Should England etc boycott the tournament? (Scotland will certainly be doing so!!😂).

And let's not pretend we have a wonderful regime. What if other countries deemed us unsuitable to play against?

Was reading the echo or Lincolnite who were in raptures that some Qataris or uae types were buying waterside south because they could see the cathedral.
I wonder why they liked the look of the cathedral?

City's version was much worse - 3,007 in 1998.
I was at that, as I was working in Whitefield near Bury that afternoon. It was only the Papa-John’s equivalent, the Auto Windscreens I think?
There were 25k for the next league game, 4 days later … so no, not worse at all.

Whilst fair game to highlight such practices in middle east, it's really not that long ago in our own history that we did such things.

Quick bit of googling shows we last beheaded someone in 1747 (Jacobite Lord Lovat). We last hung drawn and quartered someone in 1782 (possibly the most revolting form of execution ever dreamt up by mankind). We last hanged someone in 1964, within the lifetime of quite a few on here and plenty of countries outwith the middle east still do execute people, most notably our "special relationship ally" USA where people are barbarically electrocuted or poisoned to death.
To be accurate the bloke in 1782 was left to hang for over 20 minutes before they cut him up. Pretty civilised really but still too good for the likes of Jimmy Saville

Guessing they'll go the same way as man city and chelsea. City had done nothing since the mid 70's and chelsea even further back. Both treading water when it was a more level playing field. Then the obscene new owners 'invest' and the shopping spree begins.
No doubt Newcastle will follow their tried and tested formula .... throw enough 💲💸💱
at it and buy your way to the promised land.

Crucifixion is still on the books in Saudi. But don't worry it's only reserved for the worst offences :shake:

just reading that Mike Ashley for all his supposed failing and i use that term loosely as i dont know what is or isnt true with his running of the club, but he has left the club in a very good place re transfers as they have are allowed to spend 200 mill in the transfer mkt with the financial rules

Guessing they'll go the same way as man city and chelsea. City had done nothing since the mid 70's and chelsea even further back. Both treading water when it was a more level playing field. Then the obscene new owners 'invest' and the shopping spree begins.
No doubt Newcastle will follow their tried and tested formula .... throw enough 💲💸💱
at it and buy your way to the promised land.

Not remotely true to compare with Chelsea situation.
Chelsea FA Cup final 1994, Winners 2000, Final 2002
League Cup winners 1998
Cup Winners Cup Winners 1998
UEFA Super Cup Winners 1998
Qualified for Champions League 1999-2000, 2002-03.
All before Abramovich came along...

League Cup winners 1998
Was going to say “even further back than the 70’s” when the 70’s was probably Chelsea’s most successful period in history until more recently.

League Cup winners 1998

Chelsea had been mid-table up to the mid 90s. At the time of the Abramovich takeover they were £100m in debt, so had been living well above their means to achieve their cup wins and their eventual high league positions.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...g/1920px-ChelseaFC_League_Performance.svg.png