Newcastle | Page 4 | Vital Football

Newcastle

It really fucks me off when people bang on about he uses the club’s money to its full extent and we should be grateful. Due to his sheer incompetence, the club isn’t generating anything near what it should be. Therefore, like any business, investment needs to be made to rectify cockups. The fact is, he’s degraded the club to such a level, it’s going to cost a fortune to fix and it has now become such an unattractive club to buy for anyone. The little lap dogs in the ground will still cream over any little crumb he gives them though.

The skint billionaire routine doesn’t wash with me. However, just like Brexit, the thick twats will swallow the lot and then wonder why they’re in a relegation scrap year upon year.

You’ve done it again! Spoilt another good post with a needless paragraph about Brexit (where there’s no comparison at all) - you need to let it go marra! For your own sanity! look on the positives - at least you got your vaccine earlier than you would have under the dithering EU and their contradictions!

Good post otherwise.

No because the point isn't for praising purposes it's merely an acknowledgement that money in the club's accounts is spent with the intention of improving the squad quality when available.
It’s common knowledge that Ashley spends just enough of the clubs money to keep us up.

As a result our squad is always lacking quality as the injuries to key players have shown this season.

It’s a reasonable assumption that not much will change next season as Ashley already has Bruce spouting off about the financial hit we took because of covid

Scanning through this thread again - here are a few of toonraiders assertions .....

"For every year we remain in the Premier league we make up ground / don't lose ground from the teams around us. We had a bit of catching to do with the relegations"

conveniently ignoring we were an established Premier League side before Ashley bouled in and relegated us in his second season

"We have more hope of staying up as we have invested ok the last couple of seasons (Maxi, Wilson). Money on Joelinton was a huge cock-up. £40mil down the drain but can't accuse Ashley being tight on that transfer or not spending recently."

This one attempting to justify the "hope of staying up"

"It's not justifying at all, it's just having an understanding of his methods rather than based on a bitter agenda."

My view of this one is that if you dont have a bitter agenda against
Ashley you clearly have no understanding of his methods

"No because the point isn't for praising purposes it's merely an acknowledgement that money in the club's accounts is spent with the intention of improving the squad quality when available."

Hahahahahaha

My gosh, you sad **** lmao.

We were up the creek moneywise when Ashley took over. As I said many times Ashley has made a balls of things but other clubs have done a lot worse but have been bailed out by takeovers. A couple of decent buys in the summer and we'll be a canny decent Premiership team.

We were up the creek moneywise when Ashley took over. As I said many times Ashley has made a balls of things but other clubs have done a lot worse but have been bailed out by takeovers. A couple of decent buys in the summer and we'll be a canny decent Premiership team.

You just enjoy supporting a nothing club with no hope - or do you think you'll actually get promoted next season?

You’ve done it again! Spoilt another good post with a needless paragraph about Brexit (where there’s no comparison at all) - you need to let it go marra! For your own sanity! look on the positives - at least you got your vaccine earlier than you would have under the dithering EU and their contradictions!

Good post otherwise.

Oh, there’s certainly a link, albeit somewhat tenuous. Brexiteers continue to believe we’re headed for the sunlit uplands (whilst Farage has fucked off after being proved to be a complete liar (the fisherman on North Shields Quay can’t believe that a career liar lied to them - they won, they need to get over it) and little Tim Martin is full of backtracking bullshit). Newcastle fans who enter the ground still have this belief that Ashley is going to deliver them to the promise land and he’s doing the best he can (similar to the Brexiteer views on Johnson’s handling of the scamdemic). As I say, tenuous yes, but there’s certainly a casual link.

For every time you hear ‘but we have our sovereignty’ (we always did) just think ‘support the team, not the regime’.

A couple of inches on my cock and I'd be a stud 🤷‍♂️

Clubs aren't awarded trophies for making cash or being prudent. The trophy cabinet isn't filled with balance sheets from years of his reign. The club should be top of the league mind when it comes to inept leadership. He's never paid the debt down , he's never "invested" a penny , a cent or a sheckle since he's bought the club. You'd sell him the family cow for magic beans you would t00nraider. You're an Ashley defender who can't sustain an argument for his defence. Well done.

Oh, there’s certainly a link, albeit somewhat tenuous. Brexiteers continue to believe we’re headed for the sunlit uplands (whilst Farage has fucked off after being proved to be a complete liar (the fisherman on North Shields Quay can’t believe that a career liar lied to them - they won, they need to get over it) and little Tim Martin is full of backtracking bullshit). Newcastle fans who enter the ground still have this belief that Ashley is going to deliver them to the promise land and he’s doing the best he can (similar to the Brexiteer views on Johnson’s handling of the scamdemic). As I say, tenuous yes, but there’s certainly a casual link.

For every time you hear ‘but we have our sovereignty’ (we always did) just think ‘support the team, not the regime’.

I think you are lumping the whacky right of the brexiteers there marra as being representative of the whole lot that voted out. I don’t think people in places like Blyth et al gave a shit about sovereignty and ever thought that it would be all sunshine and bubbles. I think most were simply sick to the back teeth of being called fascists and racists - often by Islington lefties - for not wanting rampant and unchecked Eastern European immigration and hearing “eee they work hard” rammed down their ears and throats whilst watching their incomes being drastically undercut and generally suppressing wages to the absolute benefit of the likes of Ashley and other big business owners. They also weren’t keen on the shocking rise in serious crime it brought in. Or, in some cases, seeing complete changes to their towns and villages being swamped (as they saw it). And nobody listened to them. That’s why tories have got a hold now from Blyth to Burnley and nigh on anywhere in between. And left us all who hate the tories completely lumbered with them for years to come with the opposition gasping and scratching round to find any sort of relevance whatsoever.

But you don’t want to listen to them - you keep calling them wankers.

Maybe it’s a pity you didn’t listen to them and hear their concerns OM cos if it wasn’t for ridiculous freedom of movement - the country wouldn’t have just voted to remain - there wouldn’t have been any need for a referendum in the first place. Nor would we now be under the thumb to an 80-seat Tory majority.

Silly, silly racist fascist twats. Indeed.

Last edited:
And - that’s where I draw a parallel and tenuous link with those that go to the game. I’m sure most don’t believe Ashley will deliver them anything but shit. But by calling them selfish wankers for going without listening properly to their views - you could end up in another situation you don’t want and certainly would contribute nothing to a Newcastle “United” we all would like to see again.

And - that’s where I draw a parallel and tenuous link with those that go to the game. I’m sure most don’t believe Ashley will deliver them anything but shit. But by calling them selfish wankers for going without listening properly to their views - you could end up in another situation you don’t want and certainly would contribute nothing to a Newcastle “United” we all would like to see again.

I’ve listened to their bullshit views for almost 15 years now. They’re wankers for attending despite everything they know and what we’ve explained to them.

On a side note, we always had the power to control free movement given that we weren’t part of the Schengen area. It was our government that shit on the likes of Blyth, not me and the EU.

I’ve listened to their bullshit views for almost 15 years now. They’re wankers for attending despite everything they know and what we’ve explained to them.

On a side note, we always had the power to control free movement given that we weren’t part of the Schengen area. It was our government that shit on the likes of Blyth, not me and the EU.

I love the way you “like” my post “move on” but you simply cannot, can you?!?! Lol

I would have left it but you are trying to peddle what I call a remoaner misnomer. Sorry but - to put you straight on here about Shengen, the U.K. had an opt out from the MAIN PART of Shengen. You are quite right in that the U.K. could still check people coming in from the rest of the EU to check IF they were ENTITLED to enter under freedom of movement (as opposed to Carte Blanche and “walk throughs” elsewhere within the shengen zone).

HOWEVER, due to the overarching principle of the EU, the U.K. HAD to admit EU citizens (and their family) under freedom of movement unless there was an indication that they were wanted for crimes or that they were using stolen passports (and they still got through- lots of them actually).

It was only NON-EU citizens that were- and indeed still are - controlled by UK law. As is the rest of the EU now. But, in essence, the U.K. only controlled its borders in relation to NON-EU citizens.

Anyone, in effect, could come from elsewhere in the EU (just indeed like thousands of U.K. pensioners flew off to live in Spain).

Being out of Shengen, in reality, wasn’t worth the paper it was printed on as far as offering any control, or limitation on EU immigration.

To suggest otherwise is, at best, a mischievous attempt by the remain side who just can’t get over it (still!) and, at worst, a sly distortion aimed at putting it out there that all people who voted out are thick (and racist. Probably).

You “hear” quite a bit OM - try listening!

sources for info: U.K. government; U.K. in a changing Europe.
comments: all mine!

I'm amazed that people still go on with the remoaner /racist leaver bollocks.

Who won then ?

From where I'm sitting we have pretended to leave the EU and are now part of union that is much bigger and even less democratic.

NON-EU and EU citizens are currently controlled by the same laws.

The posh boys in charge must love reading this kind of stuff.

A couple of inches on my cock and I'd be a stud 🤷‍♂️
I'm just saying the previous owners left the club in the shit and there is more hope for the future of the club with Ashley than previously with him. We're stuck with him no matter how many bellends stand outside Sports direct making a tit of themselves and the region.

I'm just saying the previous owners left the club in the shit and there is more hope for the future of the club with Ashley than previously with him. We're stuck with him no matter how many bellends stand outside Sports direct making a tit of themselves and the region.
I get where you are coming from raider and the simple but galling truth to the majority is that Ashley HAS done well (for himself) since the last relegation.

Where we disagree is in the belief there is any kind of future for us under his tenure.

No doubt Ashley will still make the odd mistake in the coming seasons but ultimately he will be the sole beneficiary of any loot on offer .

When the bubble bursts he will be gone.