Newcastle | Page 3 | Vital Football

Newcastle

According to some sources Ashley's personal fortune has risen by almost
£780m in the last 12 months...Wonder if any of that money will be added to Broocey's war chest for next season.

I didn't say it was his own money. I was on about when the club's account has money in it, it does get spent on players (just not wisely).

We have more hope of staying up as we have invested ok the last couple of seasons (Maxi, Wilson). Money on Joelinton was a huge cock-up. £40mil down the drain but can't accuse Ashley being tight on that transfer or not spending recently.

You're defending Ashley and saying he can't be accused of being tight or not spending.

I can . I do . He's an absentee landlord. When was the last time HE invested money in the club ?

I agree the way he's ran the club financially has been a disgrace, all I'm saying is that when there is a few quid in the club's pot, money does get spent, ie. the money McClaren and Bruce got.

If we hadn't wasted a lot of money on injury prone players and flops, we could have avoided a relegation or two and been in a much better position than we are now.

We are stuck with Ashley whether we like it or not, it's just when people say money never gets spent under Ashley, it's rubbish because it does.

I agree the way he's ran the club financially has been a disgrace, all I'm saying is that when there is a few quid in the club's pot, money does get spent, ie. the money McClaren and Bruce got.

If we hadn't wasted a lot of money on injury prone players and flops, we could have avoided a relegation or two and been in a much better position than we are now.

We are stuck with Ashley whether we like it or not, it's just when people say money never gets spent under Ashley, it's rubbish because it does.
It gets spent in cycles and even then there is always a sell to buy policy.
That is the main reason the squad never improves.

Buying injury prone players is a deliberate and calculated gamble on Ashleys behalf, he doesn't see it as a waste of money.

Over 14 years Ashleys NUFC model has created surplus revenue that he has been able to divert to his main interests, so yes you are correct when you say money gets spent, you just failed to state it was spent on Sports Direct.

there you go again with your little contradictions - on one hand saying the way he has ran the club financially has been a disgrace, then on the other hand trying to justify what little has been spent

at least you might provide some entertainment throughout the close season

Whereas with you, you can guarantee you won't be in the slightest.

It's not justifying at all, it's just having an understanding of his methods rather than based on a bitter agenda.

Ashley certainly doesn't invest in the club. He generally grudgingly releases a proportion of the money coming in on players he hopes he can later move on for a profit. or other times just keeps it all. To be fair he has clearly stated on more than one occasion he is not interested in investing. Horrible man.

Ashley certainly doesn't invest in the club. He generally grudgingly releases a proportion of the money coming in on players he hopes he can later move on for a profit. or other times just keeps it all. To be fair he has clearly stated on more than one occasion he is not interested in investing. Horrible man.
Yes, he has often stated that he is not interested in investing, odd then that some of our supporters don't believe him :unsure:

Ashley's only interested in keeping us in The Premiership and having a Manager who gives him no trouble. The training facilities are out of date. He just wants to keep the ball rolling with yes men supporting him and look to sell the club for as much as he can get and sooner rather than later

Ashley's only interested in keeping us in The Premiership and having a Manager who gives him no trouble. The training facilities are out of date. He just wants to keep the ball rolling with yes men supporting him and look to sell the club for as much as he can get and sooner rather than later

The evidence suggests you have later and sooner the wrong way round.

You don't have the slightest understanding of his methods if you're claiming that he spends money.
Spends money as in authorising the purchase of players such as Joelinton, Maximin and Wilson. If I really need to spell this out!

The squad quality is a far bigger priority than training facilities at the moment (to reduce the risk of relegation). I'd say we are 3 or 4 quality plays short. (I'm not saying Ashley has any intention of investing in facilities).

The Joelinton 'signing' will most probably* or allegedly have 'benefited' or favoured Ashley more than the team and it won't be payment in back slaps or feet in the door in other countries either.

That £40m 'spend' is as questionable as Boris 'mistakenly' using our money to spruce up his house.

* = A view that is made by countless people all over the internet and is not necessarily my own thoughts. :censored:

Spends money as in authorising the purchase of players such as Joelinton, Maximin and Wilson. If I really need to spell this out!

The squad quality is a far bigger priority than training facilities at the moment (to reduce the risk of relegation). I'd say we are 3 or 4 quality plays short. (I'm not saying Ashley has any intention of investing in facilities).
Isn't that akin to a child praising their parents for buying food and clothes with the child benefit coin ?

No because the point isn't for praising purposes it's merely an acknowledgement that money in the club's accounts is spent with the intention of improving the squad quality when available.