Newcastle | Page 2 | Vital Football

Newcastle

All part of the media brucey wankfest. We should be grateful we have hike as he's such a good manager and nice bloke. Blah blah Funny how they don't clamour for the useless **** to be appointed when there's a vacancy in the sky 6
True, we could argue the same point about Benitez and Mourinho though.

Me, I'm just relieved we are still in the premiership.
Speak to a mackem about their current situation for justification of my reasoning.

For every year we remain in the Premier league we make up ground / don't lose ground from the teams around us. We had a bit of catching to do with the relegations. Hopefully and expectedly we have enough quality and finances to stop any more relegations.

Expecting Carroll to leave so hopefully we'll be able to get another decent striker on board or midfielder at least for next season. Also remaining in the Premier league will keep the very slim chance of a takeover happening.

For every year we remain in the Premier league we make up ground / don't lose ground from the teams around us. We had a bit of catching to do with the relegations. Hopefully and expectedly we have enough quality and finances to stop any more relegations.

Expecting Carroll to leave so hopefully we'll be able to get another decent striker on board or midfielder at least for next season. Also remaining in the Premier league will keep the very slim chance of a takeover happening.

You have absolutely no comprehension of the contradiction in your first two sentences do you ??

Last edited:
2017 - 2018 Finished 10th on 44 points (Benitez)
2018 - 2019 Finished 13th on 45 points (Benitez)
2019 - 2020 Finished 13th on 44 points (Bruce)
Covid affected season with long term injuries and no fans
2020 - 2021 Sat in 15th with a game to play on 42 points (Bruce)

Benitez wasn't the answer - Bruce isn't to blame
All roads lead to Ashley

2017 - 2018 Finished 10th on 44 points (Benitez)
2018 - 2019 Finished 13th on 45 points (Benitez)
2019 - 2020 Finished 13th on 44 points (Bruce)
Covid affected season with long term injuries and no fans
2020 - 2021 Sat in 15th with a game to play on 42 points (Bruce)

Benitez wasn't the answer - Bruce isn't to blame
All roads lead to Ashley

I agree that it is most certainly Ashley to blame, well in the high 90 odd percent it is.

I say so because if we're comparing seasons between Rafa and Broocey then we have to do so when armed with the 'facts' as Rafa would point out.

Rafa's 'haul' in his time here was done on a budget of fuck all or in business terms he broke even or im sure he turned a profit of £15m - £20m. Something like that.

Broocey has been allowed to spend £100m or so and recouped next to nowt.

In business terms, Rafa is worth more to the club than they'll ever let on about, so comparisons just bite them on the arse.

It's for reasons like this why I just can't grasp why Ashley has never gave running us a proper go because in the last couple of years he's spent best part of £100m just to stand still when he could easily have done this when we finished 5th and made more in the long run.

Last edited:
I agree that it is most certainly Ashley to blame, well in the high 90 odd percent it is.

I say so because if we're comparing seasons between Rafa and Broocey then we have to do so when armed with the 'facts' as Rafa would point out.

Rafa's 'haul' in his time here was done on a budget of fuck all or in business terms he broke even or im sure he turned a profit of £15m - £20m. Something like that.

Broocey has been allowed to spend £100m or so and recouped next to nowt.

In business terms, Rafa is worth more to the club than they'll ever let on about, so comparisons just bite them on the arse.

It's for reasons like this why I just can't grasp why Ashley has never gave running us a proper go because in the last couple of years he's spent best part of £100m just to stand still when he could easily have done this when we finished 5th and made more in the long run.

All valid points toony and I agree

My point was to neither defend Bruce or have a dig at Benitez

My point was that the manager of Newcastle United in terms of 'success' is an insignificance - we exist to be unsuccessful down to only one man and no amount of pissing and moaning about the current manager is ever going to change that

Toons points, like Benitez, flatter to deceive Mc.

The 100 million he attempts to hang around Bruce's neck was accumulated over the three seasons Benitez brilliantly aided and abetted in the ongoing raping of our club for which we all know he was handsomely rewarded.

The one person who can absolutely compare seasons between the last two stooges is Ashley.

Similar outcome at what cost ?

You decide.

It seems that Joe Willock has thanked us for our support for helping him kick start his career at Arsenal and he will always have a special place in his heart for his time here. A catalyst whose goals kept us in the Premiership for another season. Time for Bruce to ask Ashley for some funds to bolster the midfield or does he just eat 'humble pie' as he asked some of his critics to do yesterday?

Last edited:
It could be worse

We could be Mackems 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well on course for #6inarow in League One 👏

this hasn't aged well 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
It could be worse

We could be Mackems 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well on course for #6inarow in League One 👏

this hasn't aged well 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Is it worse? At least they have the hope and I suppose belief that the club are trying to go somewhere and to win cups. What have we got? The hope of staying up year in year out, as cheaply as possible and lining the fat man's pockets. No interest in the cups or aiming for Europe, nothing other than staying in the money league. Admittedly I don't think I would want to be in league 1 year after year, but I do sometimes wonder

Only on here would some knacker claim it was worse to finish 12th in the Premier League than lose in the League 1 play offs 😅🤣😆.

Jesus fuckin' wept.

We have more hope of staying up as we have invested ok the last couple of seasons (Maxi, Wilson). Money on Joelinton was a huge cock-up. £40mil down the drain but can't accuse Ashley being tight on that transfer or not spending recently.