Newcastle | Vital Football

Newcastle

Oh well that’s that then another season of mediocrity at best but same for many clubs really.

To be honest I've quite enjoyed this season - probably because I've been able to see the vast majority of games with them being televised

We got off to a canny start accruing 17 points from 11 games (the best since 2013)

Covid hit affecting Lascelles and ASM inparticular

We then took a further 21 games to double that tally (If my maths is correct)

Hard to say whether Lascelles was missed but without doubt St Max was

It obviously remains to be seen where we finish but Ashley's only objective has been achieved with room to spare

As usual, far too much focus has been put on the bloke in the head coach's seat - everybody claiming to fully understand who is to blame but many of them still willing to find excuses for him

As usual, far too much focus has been put on the bloke in the head coach's seat - everybody claiming to fully understand who is to blame but many of them still willing to find excuses for him
I cannot get my head round it mate, this post from the chronicle was almost perfect in summing up the mentality of many supporters this season.

Well done to Steve, his backroom staff and the players. Injuries, Covid and a bang average squad made it difficult for us.The doom and gloom merchants would at every opportunity tell anyone who would listen that they can't stand the manager, the players are useless, the style of play is awful as is the owner plus we were certainties for relegation. Some even hoped we would be relegated and they call themselves supporters. Some of the stuff on these pages aimed at the players, manager, and owner have been shocking. The Chronicle Yahoos are the trouble makers encouraging the abuse with real gusto. There's a lot of stuff that's not right at the club and that's been the case for a while but the name calling and abuse dished out this season was the worst I've seen. The failed takeover I think contributed to the hostility but that's a poor excuse for some of the posts. It's all about opinions on here and that's how it should be but come on lads and lasses, if you detest everything about the club then move on to somewhere else.HWTL

So another relegation battle draws to a close, now we have to hear from Bruce's mates of what a magnificent job he's done with limited resources. Also that he's a fantastic manager despite none of them touting him for the Spurs job!

For us, we get to look forward to another summer of PR spin and takeover lies. Being linked with every player on the planet (bet Das Boot makes an appearance) with the only arrivals being free or loans, much the same as normal! ASM & Almiron will likely be sold, replaced by some French or Spanish 2nd division players picked up for less than a packet of crisps.

By the time the new season kicks off, Ashley will still be owner, Bruce will still be head coach and the squad will be even worse than it is now. Oh the joys!

I cannot get my head round it mate, this post from the chronicle was almost perfect in summing up the mentality of many supporters this season.

Well done to Steve, his backroom staff and the players. Injuries, Covid and a bang average squad made it difficult for us.The doom and gloom merchants would at every opportunity tell anyone who would listen that they can't stand the manager, the players are useless, the style of play is awful as is the owner plus we were certainties for relegation. Some even hoped we would be relegated and they call themselves supporters. Some of the stuff on these pages aimed at the players, manager, and owner have been shocking. The Chronicle Yahoos are the trouble makers encouraging the abuse with real gusto. There's a lot of stuff that's not right at the club and that's been the case for a while but the name calling and abuse dished out this season was the worst I've seen. The failed takeover I think contributed to the hostility but that's a poor excuse for some of the posts. It's all about opinions on here and that's how it should be but come on lads and lasses, if you detest everything about the club then move on to somewhere else.HWTL

The majority of articles in 'leading' fanzines like The Mag and True Faith have done my head in as well this season

I can only assume that the 'author's' feel the need to focus their attention and blame on anyone else but Ashley in order to look current, while obviously leaving the door (turnstile) open to going to the games and not looking like complete hypocrites

"The majority of articles in 'leading' fanzines like The Mag and True Faith have done my head in as well this season"

Me too, their agenda is to get rid of Bruce and have him replaced by someone 'decent'

It appears impossible for them to understand that Ashley is the antithesis of decent and managers with calibre will avoid him like the plague.

To be honest I've quite enjoyed this season - probably because I've been able to see the vast majority of games with them being televised

We got off to a canny start accruing 17 points from 11 games (the best since 2013)

Covid hit affecting Lascelles and ASM inparticular

We then took a further 21 games to double that tally (If my maths is correct)

Hard to say whether Lascelles was missed but without doubt St Max was

It obviously remains to be seen where we finish but Ashley's only objective has been achieved with room to spare

Steve Bruce wins Premier League manager of the month, this must be hard to bare :giggle:

All part of the media brucey wankfest. We should be grateful we have hike as he's such a good manager and nice bloke. Blah blah Funny how they don't clamour for the useless **** to be appointed when there's a vacancy in the sky 6