Newcastle v Chelsea | Page 2 | Vital Football

Newcastle v Chelsea

We may have been unfortunate with the goals conceded but it was pretty grim stuff.
Going to be a real struggle this season.
Some are saying we will pick up points elsewhere, I am not so sure.
Team selection odd on occasions.
Don't think our wingers Ritchie, Murphy, Atsu offer much apart from running around.
Nothing creative in midfield.
Lone attacker.
I know he has to go with what he has but Rafa should try some of the youngsters midweek, Roberts etc. Nothing to lose.

In context, he is actually a Welsh international so Southgate presumably has no interest in him.

Lest we forget he was absolutely fucking shit. No change from normal then. The amount of space he affords people beggars belief. I’m sure he only starts running once he has been told the player he’s supposed to be marking has the ball.

As for the team. It says a lot when Yedlin is the only attacking outlet seeing as Murphy couldn’t take on a Sunday dinner, let alone a defender.

We were a fucking disgrace. Cowards performance at home. Shit tactics from our lauded manager who is happy to make excuses for the players and make sure it can never be his fault. As for the people who paid to watch it and line Ashleys pockets, you have to feel sorry for them. A better manager would have built a team around Mitro and gone for the throat in every game. As Rafa himself says, you have to work with the tools you have. So do it properly.

That squad is pathetic how anyone can say it is stronger than last year is beyond me, relegation is the only outcome. People that pay to A. Watch that shit and B. To give Ashley money in doing so, deserve all they get!

Didn't watch the game yesterday, couldn't give a flying fuck to be honest! Quite happily see the club in League One or any division if it sees the back of that fat fucking prick.

I actually thought that Murphy was our best player yesterday although he needs a run of games, that he wont get yet, to help his progression further.

That squad is pathetic how anyone can say it is stronger than last year is beyond me, relegation is the only outcome. People that pay to A. Watch that shit and B. To give Ashley money in doing so, deserve all they get!

Didn't watch the game yesterday, couldn't give a flying fuck to be honest! Quite happily see the club in League One or any division if it sees the back of that fat fucking prick.

Completely disagree with this.

We were absolute dog shit in the first part of last season yet we avoided relegation with games to spare.

That was all down to Benitez.

His brand of football will see him deliver again regardless of the personnel at his disposal.

Those who support him while blaming those who attend need to give themselves a knock mind.

Slagging off Ashley is futile.

Benitez holds all the cards,if he walked today the owner would be in a whole heap of trouble,instead he chooses to pick up his fat salary while receiving ringing endorsements from the very people who claim to be desperate to get rid of Mike Ashley.

Mind boggling.

Like UK I didn't watch the game,only just seen the highlights on MOTD.

It baffles me how anyone who has actually played football at any level can agree to that penalty decision.

Fair point NZ. However, law 12 is here:
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

There was no attempt to kick the player. He fell after making an attempt to kick the ball, then trod on the defender's leg. There was no kick, no attempt to trip, reaching the ball (without following through) shows that there was no lack of attention or consideration. It was a well timed challenge.

The fact that it was not a red card suggests that the referee considered it was not reckless or using excessive force. Those are the sort of situations, such as taking the ball but also taking the player out, where making contact with the ball means nothing.

Yeah mate I agree. I was astounded when Gallagher said what he said and Alan Shearer agreed. Ian Wright insisted that it was no penalty.

I have watched it over and over again. I still think there are two keys to the incident. The Chelsea player is on his feet until he makes contact with the ball again against the defender's leg and goes over. For the scissor motion to be completed would result in self inflicted severe scrotal damage. I don't see any sign of blood down his leg and I suspect his wife still loves him.

Penalty aside,that was dire to watch.
Shit squad,shit tactics,shit owner =
Be interesting to see the lineup & tactics on Saturday,fuck the goal difference,compete & have a go,it's a beautiful game after all.

In context, he is actually a Welsh international so Southgate presumably has no interest in him.
Rexn, how did did I forget about his Grandad being Welsh? In the absence of the err, injured Shelvey and Lascelles and a couple of drinks on board (poor excuse)

That poor Spurs team we played on the opening day took Man U apart in the second half tonight. Of the four teams with maximum points we have played two.

That poor Spurs team we played on the opening day took Man U apart in the second half tonight. Of the four teams with maximum points we have played two.

Yes indeed, maybe that's why they have maximum points.

Joking aside I saw a bit of that Man U Spurs game last night and there was a penalty shout not given for Spurs which would have been nailed on if one of our defenders had done the same thing.

Yes indeed, maybe that's why they have maximum points.

Joking aside I saw a bit of that Man U Spurs game last night and there was a penalty shout not given for Spurs which would have been nailed on if one of our defenders had done the same thing.
Concur CTM, it was a clear penalty when Jones when into the back of Moura just before HT.