Newcastle V Brentford ( Match Thread ) | Vital Football

Newcastle V Brentford ( Match Thread )

Sir Laz

Vital Football Hero
News just in.....There isn't a match thread for todays game.
Anyone with any links please post them for the lads.

No links from what I can see, mate. Local radio only according to NUFC.com.

I've told my lass it's on the tv though so I can get out for a few beers this afternoon.

Aye we played today and were nothing remarkable although Shelvey and Ciaran Clarke were the best players on the pitch. Some of Shelvey's passing was right up there.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/newcastle-united/10619299/newcastle-3-1-brentford

Will do a report at some point as im out tonight but chants of the day were aimed at two Brentford midfielders.

One at the Ginger one with the 'You're just a shit Jack Colback' ditty and the other at the bald one that came on and got the same song with Colback replaced by Jonjo Shelvey in the line. Something Shelvey pointed out to the player amid great laughter and applause.

Good performance first half, contained them second. Story of the season so far, should have been put to bed earlier than it was.

Magnificent support again, 51,1884 sheep (plus Vin :59: )

Barnsley away, we march on.

Would love to see Shelvey's stats for the game because thinking about it, it was the best midfield performance ive seen from an Englishman for ages.

Must have been at least six passes that completed over a distance of 60 yards or more. If this was Rooney or one of the wank sock brigade it would have been headlines on the news.

He also needlessly lost possession a few times, putting pressure on a fragile defence.

Big fan, far from the finished article.

Neppos he was on the wireless today and admitted he had probs regards his head dropping at times when things wern't going well.
he had a meeting with Rafa and his agent and Rafa brought in a sports sycho fitness bloke he knew from the Wirral.they train privately twice a week to overcome the issues,so fingers crossed it comes to fruition.

Neppos - 16/10/2016 00:20

He also needlessly lost possession a few times, putting pressure on a fragile defence.

Big fan, far from the finished article.

He did once or twice but i put that down to tiredness as he was all over the pitch. Some of his passes were beyond belief in the sense that he disguised them so well with the little backlift he uses.

Can see him linked with England to knock him off his stride or a move down South come January as the press wont like good things happening up here.

Neppos - 15/10/2016 23:40

Good performance first half, contained them second. Story of the season so far, should have been put to bed earlier than it was.

Magnificent support again, 51,1884 sheep (plus Vin :59: )

Barnsley away, we march on.

Night times games only for me bonny lad. Three out three so far for me - I could be the lucky omen this year