Newcastle v Arsenal | Page 3 | Vital Football

Newcastle v Arsenal

I think I posted it on this board but I'm not so sure about relegation, just yet anyway. Rafa plans for a season, not just a game. He is hampered by Ashley.

Yes there are worrying signs, such as the form of Wolves and Watford. However, just as the Man City game at SJP last season, goal difference has been kept down.

There are 12 games that any point would be a bonus. There are 13 other clubs outside the top 6 that the club needs 2 average 3 points against. We shall know more within a couple of months but just as Dubravka, Kenedy and Slimani came in on loan, something similar might happen in January.

Also, it was too early to blood players who just arrived before the start of the season rather than the pre-season building phase. The time to start thinking about relegation is if we look like reaching Christmas with much less than 20 points.

Last season out of Spurs at home , Chelsea at home and Arsenal at home we had 6 points. This season we have 0. Yes there's a lot of points to play for and all the phases of the season still to play out but that's a hell of a drop off.

Rafa will avoid relegation.
Just be prepared for lots more shite negative football,unintelligible communiques to the media and baffling team selections.

It's unbelievable that so many are starting to doubt his ability to keep us in the premiership and even more importantly the owner in pocket ,then again it's just as difficult to comprehend why the same crowd believed in him in the first place.

He's into his third year working for Mike Ashley,that says it all,or it should do.

Whatever the thoughts are over Rafa, we're approaching a critical time in that his contract is up in the Summer and a potential relegation could be on both his and Ashley's CV again.

Out of both, I don't think Rafa will blink and this is one political game that Ashley can't win. An interesting period lies ahead.

I agree,it's always been political.
As regarding "Ashley can't win" of course he can.
The tories have been in power for just as long & the dots haven't been joined.
The diehards are getting restless,maybe they'll boycott the next live home game then the shit could hit the fan.
Worth standing outside the tat arena for the Leicester game & not going in otherwise what's the fkn point.1.

The next eight or nine months are massive for the future direction of the club but with Ashley liking a gamble he may yet bet on hanging around and using the growing generation of Ashley-ites (those that only know what it's like following the club under his ownership) to create the diversion comments that fragmented fan-bases have.

That said this just feels massively different now and some sort of implosion is inevitable if this plays out how it seems to be heading. (Rafa leaving and continued non-investment).

You’ve been saying the same for years though TNMW.

High time the cretins in the ground actually did something. After all, they’re the reason he is still here.