Newcastle Utd | Page 4 | Vital Football

Newcastle Utd

Damning read on the EDP about todays ticket debacle, have a read.......?

I was reading that a few minutes ago. It is a complete lottery. I bet there were people queuing outside and at the same time in the online ticket queue, which is what I would have done had I been there. There was a quote from somebody saying that some people in front of him were buying multiple tickets (30 to 40). How can you do that unless you have multiple membership numbers. I suspect I know what is going on and the club has to sort it.

What a joke this all is . Congrats to Kensell and the Board for ripping your loyal fans off . I clearly won’t be going to a single away this season for the first time in 42 years . I will have no part in a system that allows loyalty to be bought instead of earnt . I now feel that I am no part of the club

Same here, I have been watching City since I was a wee nipper in the 1960s.

When the club was in Division One I was at grounds such as Hartlepool, Carlisle and Stockport before the promotion bandwagon got going.

Loyalty has been rewarded this season with a kick in the teeth!

Another annoying thing is.... who benefits from this £1 web sales fee and why the hell do we have to pay 50p for a Carriage fee on top of the £50 quid to get membership in the first place? If you go to 10 aways throughout a season, that's another £15 on top!!!!

We are a Community Club!

I feel quite disgusted with what you guys and gals have to go through to get tickets, including for those having to travel to CR early in the morning by 6am, just for 90mins of football. Tickets selling out in 32mins is ridiculous - I reckon if NCFC were challenged on fraudulent grounds by selling way more subscriptions than they ever knowingly have tickets available, they may have a question to answer, especially the second tier who will never get a ticket and general sales shouldnt have even been mentioned as a possibility. I'm glad I decided not to renew my extinct super memebership as NCFC doesnt deserve it considering the way you have all been treated. You hear of many cases where people have been conned out of money, and get hauled before the courts. In my eyes this is no different.

Spot on Steve , and I agree with all you say . It is my opinion that the police should investigate this fraud by NCFC and those who have stolen fans money fraudulently be brought to account .

I am very glad I stuck to my principles in that I believe that a system where you can buy loyalty instead of having to earn it is so fundamentally wrong . I will have nothing to do with this cheating system

I am now no longer able to go to my aways , and am no part of it all any more

Last edited:
I was reading that a few minutes ago. It is a complete lottery. I bet there were people queuing outside and at the same time in the online ticket queue, which is what I would have done had I been there. There was a quote from somebody saying that some people in front of him were buying multiple tickets (30 to 40). How can you do that unless you have multiple membership numbers. I suspect I know what is going on and the club has to sort it.

Unless somebody has 30 to 40 premier memberships "acquired" via various people....if true you have to wonder if they are really resellers (to use a polite word)?

Although I am aware of one group of people who have been travelling to away games together for years who may have one person go down to get the groups tickets (although I would expect them to be in the priority group being regular away fans)

Last edited:
Spot on Steve , and I agree with all you say . It is my opinion that the police should investigate this fraud by NCFC and those who have stolen fans money fraudulently be brought to account .

I am very glad I stuck to my principles in that I believe that a system where you can buy loyalty instead of having to earn it is so fundamentally wrong . I will have nothing to do with this cheating system

I am now no longer able to go to my aways , and am no part of it all any more
I think you did the right thing, although i actually did end up getting tickets the whole experience was horrible, the phone line may as well be cut off as you couldnt even get in a que on that at 9am. The actual web site is bad to use also and clearly is riddled with faults

Same here, I have been watching City since I was a wee nipper in the 1960s.

When the club was in Division One I was at grounds such as Hartlepool, Carlisle and Stockport before the promotion bandwagon got going.

Loyalty has been rewarded this season with a kick in the teeth!

Exactly BB. Kicked in the teeth . Before all this Premier League crap , I was one of the few fans who stood at Rochdale in a League Cup First Round First Leg in the 2000s ,I was one of just 150 fans who went to Stockport County in Feb 1998 on a cold winter night in the League , I was one of the few of us who stood in the open ends getting soaked at Barnsley and Oldham . The list of grim aways I have been to when the club needed the likes of me are endless . Now with its new army of fans who will pay to get to to front of the queue for their tickets , there are no tickets for the likes of fans like me .

The away day parties were great fun , but now they are gone BUT i stick to my principles and go elsewhere :wave::wave::wave:

I was fortunate to get a single ticket on my own today for West Ham away.

From 1972, I stood on the River End terrace at all home games until 1980 when I left for further education reasons. I also went to many aways from Gorleston in the 70s as a teenager to grounds like York, Wolves, Portsmouth, to name but a few. I remember a Leyton Orient away cup match when a brick was hurled through our coach window. Back then, with little understanding of the need for health and safety, we travelled back in the coach in that state. I had a lean spell of going to matches when bringing up my two children in the 1990s and early 2000s, but have done my absolute best to attend as many home and away matches as I could in recent years.

I don't agree with the new Membership scheme......it has a huge number of flaws already documented on this site. However it has, at least , enabled me to try for tickets without the 1000 automatic season ticket points system in place. I accrued over 500 away points last season only to miss out on a ticket to see us win promotion at Aston Villa just 8 miles from where I live. I was absolutely gutted and the disappointment is still with me.

Today I was fortunate to get a ticket, but feel I had every right to be in the queue.

NCFC do need to sort this out ASAP. In my opinion it was the points system that needed reviewing. They didn’t need to start from scratch to let any “Tom, Dick or Harry” in to try for tickets. Previous loyalty should have been a consideration, but unfortunately the current system has enabled some greedy individuals/groups to abuse it to make a quick profit. NCFC need to look into it immediately.

It is sadly the reality of premier league. Plastics who want to see top players for top teams playing against us. Odd really as more likely to lose. Some of my best away memories have been against smaller teams in basic grounds.
Brighton at Withdean. Port Vale. Wimbledon at Plough Lane. Orient. Reading at Elm Park midweek. Southampton at the Dell. Cambridge. Luton.
And many more.

It is sadly the reality of premier league. Plastics who want to see top players for top teams playing against us. Odd really as more likely to lose. Some of my best away memories have been against smaller teams in basic grounds.
Brighton at Withdean. Port Vale. Wimbledon at Plough Lane. Orient. Reading at Elm Park midweek. Southampton at the Dell. Cambridge. Luton.
And many more.
Did you try to get W Ham tickets DG?