Newcastle Utd v Blackburn | Page 4 | Vital Football

Newcastle Utd v Blackburn

I'd estimate Shearer 120-150 million at the age and form we got him at the time from Blackburn, could you imagine the parasite paying that for one player. We are so far away from competing under this prick we may as well just play in the lower leagues.

Mad money now isn't it. Even shit players like Joselu are 5m, 20m gets you a Slimani or a Rondon (still only barely adequate squad players). A good scout with top contacts would be worth a fortune. Of course we got shot of ours because "in Rafa we trust".

Aye we were going to develop young players under one of the many Ashley models, it makes sense in todays market but you need to invest in the youth set up and we know invest is a dirty word in the Ashley vocabulary

Ashley is a billionaire, we should easily be capable of competing. He has no interest in football, just in making money and making mugs of people.

Aye there's going to be no kids coming through Mick given fatties antiquated set up at the academies & its facilities.
What's happened to the "hotbed of football".
My youngest played for England U15's, 16 yrs ago & 9 of the 15 man squad was from the North East.
I can't remember the last top class player to to come through the youth system apart from Carroll,having said that with coaches like Beardsley & Carver it's hardly fkn surprising.
Given this parasites miserly approach he could save himself a few pennies with a bit of investment,other clubs seem to manage it,even that shower down the road.

I dread to think how long it will take a new owner to put right the damage Ashley and his supporters have done to the club.