Newcastle: The Entertainers | Vital Football

Newcastle: The Entertainers

PieMag

Vital Football Hero
I'm sure most of you already know about this, I didn't up until an hour ago, so for those in the same boat ......

Watch 'Newcastle: The Entertainers' on Sky Sports from Sunday May 2
Watch 'Newcastle: The Entertainers' on Sky Sports Premier League at 9.30pm on Sunday May 2 - then available On Demand.

With new interviews with David Ginola, Les Ferdinand, Andrew Cole and Sir John Hall, 'Newcastle: The Entertainers' retraces the journey of Keegan's team from the bottom of the old Second Division to the top of the Premier League.

Too many 'if only' memories for me. Sir Les putting it over bar instead of making it 2-0 against Forest and then defenders backing off from Woan in the same game and Woan makes it 1-1. Sky was struggling to make an impact until we came along.

Mind- that’s easy for me to say cos the only football I watch is Big Match revisited when it’s ‘70s or games from ‘70s on YouTube. I only have to put “Newcastle ‘74” in my search and comes up straightaway with cup semi final - I’ve watched it that many times!

I can count on one hand the times I’ve watched a live game in full in which Newcastle have played since 2013. I don’t have Sky nor BT. It’s why I don’t contribute much in match threads.

Mind- that’s easy for me to say cos the only football I watch is Big Match revisited when it’s ‘70s or games from ‘70s on YouTube. I only have to put “Newcastle ‘74” in my search and comes up straightaway with cup semi final - I’ve watched it that many times!

I can count on one hand the times I’ve watched a live game in full in which Newcastle have played since 2013. I don’t have Sky nor BT. It’s why I don’t contribute much in match threads.
Don’t blame you really. I‘ve watched too many rubbish games this season so the last few excluding Brighton have been a bit of a relief. Still nothing like we were all those years ago. Still won nowt having said that😀

I reckon the telly would be the only casualty :grinning:
Touche ✔

I was as gutted as anyone that season Mc but like Shearer feel there's much more to football than trophies.
Keegan took a lot of stick for refusing to comprise his attacking style in exchange for the title, he got none from me.
Even after that 4-3 v Liverpool !!!
It's one of the reason I love the bloke and detest football murderers like Benitez/Mouriho although completely understand the majority of fans from any club would tell me to f orf and die.

Too many 'if only' memories for me. Sir Les putting it over bar instead of making it 2-0 against Forest and then defenders backing off from Woan in the same game and Woan makes it 1-1. Sky was struggling to make an impact until we came along.
Tino played a massive part im making Sky's struggles even less Mc.

His Elbow assault on Keith Curle that earned US a free kick was funny as fuck man, not to mention the nut on the same player at the final whistle.

Think it was only his 3 or 4th game in the premiership as well, he was some lad.

The 3-3 draw with City that day left me feeling drained raging and elated in equal parts.

Drained because it was the first time I actually doubted we would win the league
Raging with desire to break kinkladze's legs (he was brilliant that day) and garrote Nial Quinn
Elated with Albert and his brilliant double

I very rarely watch any football that does not involve NUFC Finn, just not interested.
I too watch a lot of games from the 70's mainly because tackles were allowed and they flowed... but them haircuts man 😜
Bare in mind i was born in that decade though.
As for Sky AND BT, no offence to anyone with subscriptions but yous are radge 😁

Touche ✔

I was as gutted as anyone that season Mc but like Shearer feel there's much more to football than trophies.
Keegan took a lot of stick for refusing to comprise his attacking style in exchange for the title, he got none from me.
Even after that 4-3 v Liverpool !!!
It's one of the reason I love the bloke and detest football murderers like Benitez/Mouriho although completely understand the majority of fans from any club would tell me to f orf and die.

To be honest PM I can't clearly remember my emotions that season

Looking back I don't think it was abject despondency - more a feeling of thanking fuck we were in with a shout anyway

It may well have been abject despondency though but

Tino played a massive part im making Sky's struggles even less Mc.

His Elbow assault on Keith Curle that earned US a free kick was funny as fuck man, not to mention the nut on the same player at the final whistle.

Think it was only his 3 or 4th game in the premiership as well, he was some lad.

The 3-3 draw with City that day left me feeling drained raging and elated in equal parts.

Drained because it was the first time I actually doubted we would win the league
Raging with desire to break kinkladze's legs (he was brilliant that day) and garrote Nial Quinn
Elated with Albert and his brilliant double
The two games Rob Lee missed through injury that season were against Man City and West Ham away and we only got one point. A poor return against two teams who were eventually relegated that season and Man U won 1-0 against both. The return of Cantona in December from the long suspension he had received coincided with a remarkable sequence of wins (and so many 1-0). The 'mind games' played by Ferguson however took the shine off the season for me.

A real rollwrcoaster of a season and was gutted after the Liverpool game. Having said that it's easily my favourite time of supporting NUFC mainly because of Keegan, that group of players and the very fact after years of dross we were in there with a chance.

I fondly remember a great squad of players that lit up football and some of the most exciting football that Newcastle have ever played. Sadly we did not win the league and Keegan subsequently departed but the journey was worthwhile.
Never been the same since.
Should have done better in the late 50' early 60's when we had a great inside trio of Allchurch, White and Eastham.

The two games Rob Lee missed through injury that season were against Man City and West Ham away and we only got one point. A poor return against two teams who were eventually relegated that season and Man U won 1-0 against both. The return of Cantona in December from the long suspension he had received coincided with a remarkable sequence of wins (and so many 1-0). The 'mind games' played by Ferguson however took the shine off the season for me.
Me too Mc.
Still don't agree with the general consensus that Keegan lost us the title at that moment because of Ferguson's mind games.

To be honest PM I can't clearly remember my emotions that season

Looking back I don't think it was abject despondency - more a feeling of thanking fuck we were in with a shout anyway

It may well have been abject despondency though but
I've still got the twitch and the stutter from the phycological damage incurred mate 😁

I fondly remember a great squad of players that lit up football and some of the most exciting football that Newcastle have ever played. Sadly we did not win the league and Keegan subsequently departed but the journey was worthwhile.
Never been the same since.
Should have done better in the late 50' early 60's when we had a great inside trio of Allchurch, White and Eastham.
Allchurch, White and Eastham......howay man :unsure:

You don't have to actually watch the match to contribute to the thread on here.

Just slag off Lascelles, Shelvey and Dubravka and you'll be fine.

But you know that 😉