Newcastle related | Vital Football

Newcastle related

Toon_power

Vital 1st Team Regular
Hi guys,

View on regular basis, post less.
To be straight forward recently my wife died aged 37. We were more then 21 years together. It leaves a huge emptiness for me and my kids.

It has showed me to do the things you like to do before its to late. My wife died, no signs whatsoever. I even wasn't able to say goodbye to her.

With that in mind I really like to visit Newcastle and it would be even better if I was able to visit a match.
Can anybody tell me about a good place to stay for me and the kids? A camping or something like that. I'm not the type for a tent, but a bungalow or chalet would be nice. I don't think a hotel will be the best choice to make.
I'm planning to go end April or the first week of May. I'm dutch and that's the time my kids and I can go on holiday.

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
You are dead right TP you have to live for the moment, sorry for your loss. I had a kick in the balls from life two weeks ago when my mrs and soulmate was diagnosed with breast cancer and it has made me really question life and what it is all about angry is not the word. The irony is that she is a breast nurse so knows what is ahead. I am sure some of the lads on here will have some good ideas for your visit to the north east I have been away for 30 years so any of my suggestions would be out of date although feathers is still going in Whitley Bay. Good luck TP and keep your chin up fella.

T-P, really, REALLY, sorry to read of your loss. Can't imagine how you feel. Deepest sympathies to you, your kids and family.
birds

Thanks guys!
I'll keep an eye on this thread for good suggestions
Sorry to hear that Bruce. Best to you and the Mrs.

Cant even begin to know what to say to you Miev aside from concur in the condolences.

The knowledge that others have had similar things happen in their life just doesn't really cut it to an individual although we all know that life is here ultimately to test us to the hilt in one way or the other eventually. Making the most of what you have sounds the best plan forward.

As for staying around the area here, it is really just the Whitley Bay caravan park with a few others scattered around Durham and Northumberland. A proper park is probably best for taking kids although this depends on whether you can face other families that may come across like they have no cares in the world.

Here are some links.

https://www.park-resorts.com/holiday-parks/north-east/whitley-bay/holidays/

https://www.parkdeanresorts.co.uk/location/northumberland-county-durham/

There is a bus stop right outside the caravan park with buses that take you all over the region. Newcastle city centre is only around 12 mile away and there's many metro stations around the area also.

That is so sad Toon_power, losing your wife at such a young age is beyond comprehension especially with a young family. Deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Massive condolences & thoughts T.P. to you,your bairns & family.
Hope Newcastle as a football team & as a city can go some way in helping the healing process for you.
Regarding somewhere to stay if you want somewhere fairly central it might be worth checking out Premier Inn or Travelodge,it's o.k for bairns & relatively cheap.
If you need any help around transport or any advice p.m. me I'd be only to happy to help.
Bruce,hope your lass makes a speedy recovery too & gets the care she's offered to others.