Newcastle - Post match reaction | Vital Football

Newcastle - Post match reaction

Colin Is The King

Alert Team
PEP
1f4ac.png
Our game was slow, we didn’t commit. They shoot for the first time and it’s a goal, the second was a penalty. But congratulations to Newcastle. It was not our best night. We lost second balls, we were not aggressive enough, that’s why we could not win.

PEP
1f4ac.png
The next week will be tough with Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea. If we want to go up as a club we have to accept that challenge. We are in January and we are behind the leaders but there are a lot of titles and points to play for.

PEP
1f4ac.png
I know how my players are feeling right now and I am close to them and by them Sometimes things go your way and sometimes they don’t - we have just won eight games in a row and scored 30 goals without reply but sometimes things don’t go your way

Rafa Benitez

"It was a great effort from everyone, to win against a team as good as Man City – they have everything. To score two goals, get three points and keep pushing and working like we did, we have to be so proud"

After our result, I have a small hope that Leicester may think that if Newcastle can do it, then so can they, and be galvanised tonight.
You never know.

After our result, I have a small hope that Leicester may think that if Newcastle can do it, then so can they, and be galvanised tonight.
You never know.

I'm going 4/5 nil Liverpool. Sorry but we've fucked it, wrapped it in a bow for them last night. You don't lose to shit like Palace, Leicester and Newcastle and expect to win the league.

Where's the hunger from these players? Where's the desire to cement their position as the best team in the country?

Liverpool will be galvanized by our result and could well thump Leicester who I doubt will show a hunger for a scrap.

We blew it big time last night and my genuine concern is that if Guardiola does not feel this group have the gumption to become serial winners or cannot shake off their complacency then he may well decide to end his contract early. Something about his body language recently makes me feel that, whilst not as intense as things were when at Barcelona, he may be feeling that his limit is approaching sooner rather than later. If the players cannot share his hunger for continued long term success he may call it a day with City before his contract extension is reached.

We blew it big time last night and my genuine concern is that if Guardiola does not feel this group have the gumption to become serial winners or cannot shake off their complacency then he may well decide to end his contract early. Something about his body language recently makes me feel that, whilst not as intense as things were when at Barcelona, he may be feeling that his limit is approaching sooner rather than later. If the players cannot share his hunger for continued long term success he may call it a day with City before his contract extension is reached.[/QUOTE]

How recently? - we've beaten all before us in January, even if it was only 'shit' like Burton Albion, Rotherham and Burnley and everything has seemed pretty rosy in the Eastlands garden.

Winners never quit so I'm sure Pep will stick around a while longer.

Maybe he should have added to the team over the Summer rather than the squad? Easy to be wise after the event - Klopp has changed the Liverpool formation and brought in Shaquiri, plus VvanD has now settled in. Not sure how we improve over the close season, any new F25 deputy will need (presumably) require a season to bed in but then who knows we might have Mendy back and able to last more than five games in a row before breaking down. Maybe a new right back and more game time for Foden too.

If Pep were to be thinking of giving us away after a couple of shit results he is not the man we thought he was.
Maybe we do need a more noticeable and forceful figure as captain.
Fernandinho tries to lead by example and I’m not sure if Merlin or Kun are the right fit.
Maybe Kev would be the man to drive them on.

If Pep were to be thinking of giving us away after a couple of shit results he is not the man we thought he was.
Maybe we do need a more noticeable and forceful figure as captain.
Fernandinho tries to lead by example and I’m not sure if Merlin or Kun are the right fit.
Maybe Kev would be the man to drive them on.

I hope he doesn't and know he doesn't shirk a challenge. Perhaps I expressed myself poorly - I just think that at Barca he had a group of players who totally bought his philosophy about constantly striving to improve and become serial winners. I just wonder whether he is having doubts about who players in the game today have the same desire.

I hope he doesn't and know he doesn't shirk a challenge. Perhaps I expressed myself poorly - I just think that at Barca he had a group of players who totally bought his philosophy about constantly striving to improve and become serial winners. I just wonder whether he is having doubts about who players in the game today have the same desire.

What he had at Barca was a core of players that grew up at the club which I believe gave them that little extra edge, that of course is not essential for success but I think helps when maintaining hunger within the squad. It also helped that many of them were kids at Barca when he was a star there, they hero worshipped him.

Very good points. Yes the environment away from Barca where Pep was embedded for so many years is different and he is having to adapt - he loves to learn and grow. I suspect that some of the players are struggling to accept that they have to be precise in what they do all the time. Against Newcastle there were some very casual passes and a lack of the precision that would have driven him nuts. Maybe that was why he was looking so fed up. He also knew that Newcastle would get their chance....he has learnt that about the PL.