New Zealand Test Series | Page 2 | Vital Football

New Zealand Test Series

We have mainly decent batsmen but they have little idea how to play test match cricket anymore.

If we can survive the opening burst tomorrow should win. I think 1 early wicket and all over

If the little pommies don't win this , the last one out should turn the lights out .............. f

Won by 5 wkts. Positive batting this morning from Root and Foakes took us over the line in the first hour or so. Root century and also passed 10,000 runs. Good win

Great effort there in the end. Great batting by Root especially against decent bowling. Foakes is a proper test cricketer, a rare thing nowadays, and hopefully this is the start of a good career for him.

35 wickets in less than 4 days show bad batting performances overall , a 4/5 players excepted . Bowling performances easily better than the batting . Could be a close series 😉

Last edited:
I just wish I'd put that £10.00 on England to win when they were really struggling! Oh well, £13.75 profit.

Watched the last 15 runs. I'm a cricket plastic too:ROFLMAO:
Possibly the safest way to watch England at the moment. 15 required with 5 wickets in hand; you'd have to give them a reasonable 50/50 chance of getting over the line in those circumstances.

What's really worrying is that we are totally reliant on four players the wrong side of 30 and two of them are nearer 40.

Takes you back to the 1960s.

I well remember a middle order batting lineup in 1968 of Ken Barrington (age 37), Colin Cowdrey (35), Tom Graveney (41) and Basil D'Oliveira (36).

Proper batsmen! Not like now.

Last edited:
Takes you back to the 1960s.

I well remember a middle order batting lineup in 1968 of Ken Barrington (age 37), Colin Cowdrey (35), Tom Graveney (41) and Basil D'Oliveira (36).

Proper batsmen! Not like now.
You can add to that Bob Barber , I think he would have been 34/35