New York hotels | Vital Football

New York hotels

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
Hi all, I'm looking for some tips for a NY vacation from those of you that have been (I know you've been Sexy!).
I need some advice on a decent hotel, in a safe area, close to all things to see. Can you recommend one? How much should I be paying? We'd like to be in lower Manhattan ideally but if anyone has any other ideas then I'm all ears.
Thanks in advance.
BH

Also, if anyone has any recommendations or tips for New Orleans that would be most appreciated too.

We've done the West Coast but thought it would be nice to work our way down the East Coast.

Both really handy for the main part of NYC Bob. We went in 2007 and again in 2016. More beggars 2nd time round however have never felt anything other than safe in the city. We went up the WTC - well worth a visit. Did the ferry to statue of liberty and would also recommend Grand Central Station. We said that's it now in NYC but would still happily go again.

Has anyone tried these new 'pod' hotels in and around NYC? They certainly are a cheaper alternative...

The taxes are the unknown killers £ wise.
I think there were 4 separate taxes added to the hotel bills.
We have thought about doing New Orleans, but watched Black on Blue last week - didn't paint it in the best of lights to put it mildly.

We'd stay around Bourbon Street and the French Quarter - wouldn't deviate from there.
Hollywood always needs drama to sell though...