New TV Deal | Vital Football

New TV Deal

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Likely to be announced tomorrow but affecting teams in the championship and below.

A new deal is being sorted in that all midweek games will be live on TV via the red button or interactive means. An increase of TV money of around a third per season as well for them looms as well.

It's something that is expected to be discussed at the next premier league TV deal meeting so it could happen in the top league and eventually see every game available for a fee. Maybe trying to knock the illegal streaming on the head in the process.

The death knell for attendances and money through the turnstile. The winter evenings when you wrapped up and turned out after being at work even when the weather was shit. Maybe a quick pint near the ground before the bus home. Away games ? Why bother if you can get it without all the hassle. Maybe it's just me but I feel it's another nail in the coffin of the working man's game.

It has pro's and con's, as an ever changing sport in an ever changing world.

Agree, back in my day half-freezing to death during a cold winter's game was part of the fun, with it's routines and moments - and it still can be for those within a proximity of the ground.

But it's a global thing now, football; and the world has changed so much in so many way's.

I'm pleased I can get to watch the match no matter where in the world I am - even if it's not as good as actually being there.

You can always make the effort to see some grass-roots football as there will always be some near where you are as well, if that's what you are looking for.

Lower league stuff I quite like as well.

Nowt beats being there for varying reasons.

One is that watching a game in the flesh sees a completely different game to the armchair fan with some players games being overlooked. Another is that the atmospheres just dont comes across via the furry microphone, whether it's good or bad.

For us, an Ashley-less NUFC (if or when he eventually goes), will do wonders for people choosing to go to games as the real thing just cant be recreated for buttons.

If/when he goes, you can expect ticket prices to rocket.

That'll be the next thing people will whine about.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 13/9/2017 22:59

Nowt beats being there for varying reasons.

One is that watching a game in the flesh sees a completely different game to the armchair fan with some players games being overlooked. Another is that the atmospheres just dont comes across via the furry microphone, whether it's good or bad.

For us, an Ashley-less NUFC (if or when he eventually goes), will do wonders for people choosing to go to games as the real thing just cant be recreated for buttons.

The Cologne fans think it's better to go also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaB9wMJ6d8w

The real area of interest is the live streaming rights. I'd be amazed if Amazon, Facebook or Netflix didn't make a play for this. Of course if the clubs had their shit together they'd keep their streaming rights individually and knock out a "virtual" season ticket or a monthly ticket.

This puts a different slant on the away support.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/15/arsenal-cologne-fan...