New training ground naming rights partner announced | Vital Football

New training ground naming rights partner announced

Thomas Holte

Vital Football Legend
"Aston Villa has confirmed a naming rights partnership for the club’s Bodymoor Heath training facility to be renamed The Recon Training Complex with immediate effect.
The five-year partnership will see Recon become the club’s first ever training ground partner and they will work with Aston Villa to develop, drive forward and build technical capability within The Recon Training Complex, which in turn will allow them to showcase their products and services. "

Full Article.... https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/04/11/new-training-ground-naming-rights-partner-announced

At least they didn't try and rename Villa Park. Credit to the good doctor. I think Sir Brian would probably have advised against that. I know some people don't care but personally I hate this anything for money renaming of stadiums.

Is anyone but the media gonna call it The Recon Training Complex? Man U did this and I couldn’t tell you name of the sponsor off the top of my head, it’s just Carrington to me as our training ground will always be Bodymoor Heath. Money for nothing.

I can only guess this is some other way of increasing revenue and getting around FFP. All good with me just so long as VP stays as it is.

That is exactly what it is. A way to increase revenue and stay within the rules. I also expect Dr T is aware of the reaction a name change to VP would bring hence this move.