NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 502 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell you what though ... it makes Paul Stanley's midweek comments look bloody stupid !

What do you reckon Tree & Crown?

Oh, and Hampton, have a word with your acquaintance.
;)

Oh you miserable git. You complain they don't tell you anything. Then they tell you that they spoke to the Bahrainis yesterday who say they are still proceeding with their aim of buying the club. And you still say they haven't said anything.

I can honestly say I was never fishing Jock. I very very rarely do.

I still think Hampton's stance was/is hypocritical given his views on SC comms, (as did you and TB) but I'm happy to leave it as I have with him.

(y)

Not suggesting you were 'fishing' so I probably used the wrong analogy...what I was trying to say was ....you've put time into it, determined to be right and won't let it drop sort of thing....mind you you do like the long long tennis rally type of posts not the quick 'ace' serve type posts where it's just 1 reply 😉.
BTW....nice one with msg to the sclo on another forum, looks like it worked with them putting out an update...

Why don't the Admins and the SC make joint statements,
instead of confusing statements.

Stanley says the deal has ‘just gone very, very cold’.

SC: They are at an advanced stage of negotiations and,
based on our conversations,
we remain optimistic that a successful conclusion can be reached.

Are the Admins and SC working together as the statements are miles apart.

I suspect Springy that there's not a great bond between the two camps. While the Admins were putting out weekly updates, the SC were always going to be limited as to what additional info they could tell us.

Given Stanley's mid-week comment, they obviously felt obliged to offer their perspective. In this comms, they tell us the situation as they see it, presumably still within the bounds of the NDA. They couldn't overtly state that Stanley was lying, or even misleading everyone, but with this much more positive alternative view, let's see whether or not the Admins feel motivated to challenge it.

Malaysia press has said that a Malaysian business man is involved in the Royle and Gibson consortium. The unnamed Malaysian would be the second largest shareholder with 20%, no mention of how the other 80% would be divided.
They have proof of funds and have sent all documents to the EFL. They plan to build a new academy in the UK and also open one in Malaysia to find young players for Wigan Athletic in the future. Marketing operations will also be conducted by the Malaysian businessman and they plan to list us on the Malaysian stock exchange to get more investment from the country.

Lots of activity from Nixon today on us, quick recap from those without a Twitter:

- We shouldn't pay any attention to Stanley and his comments, the Bahraini negotiation is still ongoing. The idea the trail has 'gone cold' is not correct. at all

- Royle has got multiple new people involved in his bid, including the money coming from Malaysia which their press revealed.

- Loggenberg and Royle both been going back and forth answering questions from admin and are close to getting put through for their EFL test. This makes them much more credible rivals for the Bahrainis.

- Tracking the money on either 'wont be easy'

- To get to the EFL stage they need to put in all documents, Identify team members, prove you have cash for 2 years, prove where the cash comes from, and extreme details of your plans.

- The 2 new bids both willing to pay the full price.

- He doesn't think Bahrainis are looking at renegotiating the deal for -15 due to the risk of it.

- For about 10 weeks now the Bahrainis have been in the lead with no one else closer which has allowed them to take their time.

- News that other bidders getting closer has helped and seen the Bahrainis speed up in the last 24 hours.

- They obviously know Loggenberg is banned from being an owner but will have worked out a way to put a team together that his ban wont effect. There is a Chief Exec picked out with UK football experience and no red flags.

- The Bahrainis are trying to negotiate out the 200k admin were trying to take from future sales - it's not a snag that is killing the deal but i assume that is the hold up and admin are putting out stories in the press that they've walked away to try and make them look bad when it's admin trying to drain every last drop out of us. I know they are a business but after the damage they've done, the money they've already had out of us and they are still trying to take more rather than just sealing the deal...

- 'Admin say there is money to pay wages. So no reason why new owners have to put any in until that runs out. As long as there are owners when the cash runs out.'

- we wont end up liquidated, in the worst case is fans end up with it. Just a case of how much damage has been done by admin.

A lot more encouraging updated than the picture admin painted and it appears that things are moving and the hold up could be down to the negotiating over admin taking extra on top of their existing fees in future players sales (if i was the Bahrainis i'd be looking to remove that too tbf).

Overall admin appear to be the problem again.

Oh, and Hampton, have a word with your acquaintance.
;)
No surprise to see this post 😁
My acquaintance is standing by the info as shared. As I have stated all along I sincerely hope it is incorrect.
The chasm between what the SC have said today and the admins yesterday is significant which given they are talking regularly is strange no ?. Someone is not being truthful here !
Very pleased that the SC have made a statement, pity it's taken a social media storm, a forum meltdown and your own intervention to flush it out 😉

Stanley says the deal has ‘just gone very, very cold’.

SC: They are at an advanced stage of negotiations and,
based on our conversations,
we remain optimistic that a successful conclusion can be reached.

Are the Admins and SC working together as the statements are miles apart.

They are working on the same deal but their motives are polar opposites.

That wasn't so hard was it for the SC? No NDA's broken, minimal details divulged and a little bit of an update to let us know what is going on to calm everyone down. This is what the SC should've been doing throughout. We aren't asking for the earth, just some communication - this is good. More of this please.
Excatly this was just what we needed. Just enough information to stop people going insane and gives us a little hope. But not enough that it breaks ndas. Well done supporters club.

Malaysia press has said that a Malaysian business man is involved in the Royle and Gibson consortium. ........

WN3 posted the link to this yesterday KDZ.

Got to give Royle credit for being persistent.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/c...-bid-to-buy-former-premier-league-side-wigan/

‘The source told FMT that other members of the consortium include a former Wigan Athletic chairman, an ex-Manchester United player and technical and business veterans’
Assuming this is linked with the Royle & Darren Gibson bid.

WN3 posted the link to this yesterday KDZ.

Got to give Royle credit for being persistent.

Missed that one, so sorry to WN3 for covering old ground.

I get the impression Royle feels a great deal of responsibility and is on a mission for personal (and maybe professional) redemption to try and put things right. Fair play to him, many in his position would probably go missing and never show their face again.

Status
Not open for further replies.