NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 497 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t this tool say last Friday there would no more updates?

As much as it’s not my preferred outcome, I think we’re close to the point for the SC to instigate their nuclear option and buy the club. Hopefully it would be short term ownership to facilitate an onward sale, as I have no faith in these incompetents currently in charge being able to broker a deal.

You beat me to it MiW.

As much as it’s not my preferred outcome, I think we’re close to the point for the SC to instigate their nuclear option and buy the club. Hopefully it would be short term ownership to facilitate an onward sale, as I have no faith in these incompetents currently in charge being able to broker a deal.

No more updates, then spent the last few days spreading rumours to fans via messages on social media and is now giving the post exclusives discussing how shit of a job Begbies have done. Not the first time he and his acolytes have said one thing then done another. A total charlatan, and unless the Supporters Club step in the administrators will preside over the club's liquidation.

I'm still confused, sorry Moonay, (says more about me than anyone else).
Is the bit that Hamptons says is "more than anything that the SC have shared" this bit
"we are currently without any potential buyers " ?
I thought there was some in depth detailed post that I'd missed.

Yep, that's it. Nope, no in depth stuff. Just Hampton saying that his mate (who he trusts, but won't name) has told him it's true that the Bahrainis have walked ......... and he won't/can't say where his mate got it from.

Hence the comparison the the criticism of the SC.

So much for no further updates on the official website.

They are now just briefing the press instead.

Surely no further updates means that they will not be giving information out.

If it's true that the Bahrainis have walked, then it's logical that they should be giving an update on the multitude of other interested parties, who were all progressing - albeit slightly behind - their clearance with the EFL.

I've pinged Paul Kendrick suggesting this be put to Stanley/Krasner ....... not sure if it will get anywhere.

No updates made sense if they were in negotiations. Otherwise, it means all the stuff they told us previously about other bidders is bollox !

As much as it’s not my preferred outcome, I think we’re close to the point for the SC to instigate their nuclear option and buy the club. Hopefully it would be short term ownership to facilitate an onward sale, as I have no faith in these incompetents currently in charge being able to broker a deal.[/QUOTE

We may not always agree (!) and we may have the occasional fall out, but we have one thing in common on this board....a passion for Wigan Athletic and a loathing ( OK, two things ) for all the outsiders who seem intent on destroying our club.

Let's defy them and get rid of them once and for all. Let's get behind the Supporters Club, collectively and collaboratively, financially and morally to take over the club, seek out funding in any way possible and begin the club anew, in League 2 if necessary. Sounds impossible to achieve, but with the advice and help of people like JJ surely we can find a way out of this mess, away from the charlatans who are driving us all crazy with their lack of empathy and understanding.

Let's get in North West counties and enjoy the ride. No point starting in League 2 with 15 point deduction. Be belting going to some of these non league grounds. Let Stanley pick up the pieces. Let the rugby have the white elephant of a stadium and fuck the rest. Whelans killed the club basically selling to charlatans. Shit happens.

If it's true that the Bahrainis have walked, then it's logical that they should be giving an update on the multitude of other interested parties, who were all progressing - albeit slightly behind - their clearance with the EFL.

I've pinged Paul Kendrick suggesting this be put to Stanley/Krasner ....... not sure if it will get anywhere.

No updates made sense if they were in negotiations. Otherwise, it means all the stuff they told us previously about other bidders is bollox !

There is a meeting with Stanley tomorrow, kendrick has arranged for various supporters groups to be in/on that meeting.

Thing is Hampton might well be right
Has Stanley stated it's gone very very cold

Thing is nobody is saying Hampton isn't right...it was that his post said he had a reliable source who was saying it was def true that the Bahrainians had walked away but wouldn't confirm who told him or how reliable it is yet he was calling the SC for similar things in not telling the WHOLE story.

Thing is nobody is saying Hampton isn't right...it was that his post said he had a reliable source who was saying it was def true that the Bahrainians had walked away but wouldn't confirm who told him or how reliable it is yet he was calling the SC for similar things in not telling the WHOLE story.
Incorrect Jock have been calling for the SC to be telling some or any of the story.
I shared what I was able - seems it may well be true unfortunately.
Won't hold my breath for any apologies !

The difference is that I have shared a damm sight more than the SC have so don't agree with the comparison with the SC who could have taken the same approach with some willing individual. In my view not sharing what I understand to be true would have been hypocritical- but each to their own
Anyways no offense taken, by me anyway, and next time I have anything on this which may be of interest to some forum users I will refrain from sharing !

BTW Hampton don't think anyone's doubting what your saying & that it is true, it's just the meat on the bones of it all are somewhat missing. I'm sure you'd be up in arms if the SC came out with a rather vague statement saying " there's a possibility of new owners to be unveiled in stadium next week but can't give our source or verify it".
Anyway I'll say no more on this other than - hope your source is wrong otherwise the fat lady must definitely be clearing her throat...

Where has Krasner gone ? I don't think he's spoken in public since October. The other two cronies seem to be doing things now so it begs the question is Krasner now out of the picture

Incorrect Jock have been calling for the SC to be telling some or any of the story.
I shared what I was able - seems it may well be true unfortunately.
Won't hold my breath for any apologies !

Did say in my last post I'd say no more but I need to reply to your post.
Apologies for what? Nobody saying your wrong merely asking how reliable / who your source is & can you expand on what little you said.

Where has Krasner gone ? I don't think he's spoken in public since October. The other two cronies seem to be doing things now so it begs the question is Krasner now out of the picture

Krasner is dressed up in a keffiyeh & checked headgear on top of a camel riding up & down King Street claiming to be the Bahrainian chief negotiator....😉

BTW Hampton don't think anyone's doubting what your saying & that it is true, it's just the meat on the bones of it all are somewhat missing. I'm sure you'd be up in arms if the SC came out with a rather vague statement saying " there's a possibility of new owners to be unveiled in stadium next week but can't give our source or verify it".
Anyway I'll say no more on this other than - hope your source is wrong otherwise the fat lady must definitely be clearing her throat...
Don't wish to be pedantic but I will be !
I shared what I could last night and sorry I can't name names but that's the truth.
A comparison with what the SC have said is not valid as they have said nothing specific at all since the Spaniards rode out of town !
Would you or others demand Kendrick confirm sources ?

Yep, that's it. Nope, no in depth stuff. Just Hampton saying that his mate (who he trusts, but won't name) has told him it's true that the Bahrainis have walked ......... and he won't/can't say where his mate got it from.

Hence the comparison the the criticism of the SC.
Moonay, mate, please look at my initial post my source (not a mate - an acquaintance) is an individual directly associated with the club !

Stanley's waiting for him to return from his holiday so he can have one? Or they've used god knows what yard stick to determine who is the slightly less embarrassing public speaker?

With regard to the Bahraini deal, if they're getting cold feet over league 1 or league 2 then it's very shortsighted. They must know that we need a total rebuild from whatever our starting point is and 1 extra year shouldn't be enough to turn them off. All unsubstantiated rumours though so not worth getting up in arms about just yet

Moonay, mate, please look at my initial post my source (not a mate - an acquaintance) is an individual directly associated with the club !
Sorry, but in this context, I'm not sure whether making a distinction between "mate" and "acquaintance" counts for much.

You now - for the first time - say it's someone directly associated with the club. Previously, you'd used the phrase "horses mouth" - a Bahraini horse? an Admin horse? a club groundsman source?

Even if the SC come out and say it's true, what good would that do anyone? What exactly is it that you've wanted them to say (over and above the Admins) re the (supposed many) bidders? Seemed like a nice crowd? Well dressed, must have money?

Anyway ...... come on then ....... have they walked, or are they simply stalling like Stanley implies?

Something isnt right with all of this firstly Moreno who publicly said he would wait no matter how long to get the club and whatever league we was in suddenly legs it the day after lockdown 2 announced. Now the Bahranians are stalling after getting the green light . A pattern is forming here and for some reason these gobshite administrators cant seem to seal a deal. Is it potential buyers or the pisspots from Begbys who are murdering our club slowly but surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.