NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 493 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem mate. To be fair, if I recollect rightly, I don't think the post was necessarily intended to be malicious ... just a little misguided.

I need to accept, that sometimes wires get crossed in posts
and with more experience using this forum, i'll understand posts better.

How come Charlton,Sunderland and even Wrexham have got new owners and yet we are still struggling.......what’s up with us .....why does no one want to buy Wigan athletic........I don’t get it.
Sunderland have a huge potential ceiling having proven to get crowds of 40k or so at the top level. Charlton are a London club with a solid fanbase of 20k or so at home, again a very good ceiling for them.

Wrexham as sad as it is are probably a more attractive club than us even in Non League. They would probably attract as many fans as we do if they played at L1 level and have the potential tag of "North Wales' number one team" in order to draw crowds from if marketed well by new owners. An international stadium that can be developed with funding and a big potential catchment area in which to draw future fans from in North Wales.

What have we got going for us, really? Think about it? A flaky fanbase that can't get over 9k home fans in the Championship and probably 7k going forward in L1. A white elephant of a stadium that loses the club money due to it's sheer size. No catchment area in which to increase our support due to the amount of bigger clubs on our doorstep. A shithole of a town largely (sorry, that's the truth). We are not worth three million quid in our state. That's why no one wants to buy Wigan Athletic.

See Stanley has popped up on twitter to state none of the bidders want the club in L2.
A number of Tics have pointed out to him that if he and Greenback hadn't conducted an unnecessary total firesale we wouldn't be in the position of being anywhere near L2.
Sounds like groundwork for a "poor us" end game from the admins

I think of how damaging that is from a creditor point of view (which is why they are appointed by the court).

- They tell all potential buyers the club has fans that are uneducated
- They tell all potential buyers a L2 club is a bad thing (when this season it really probably doesn't matter based on the players that are available).

These are the people trying/appointed to advertise the club and get it sold, the good thing is they really are making it more possible and more possible for us to mount a malpractice case, the club just needs to get from under them asap.

I'm as pissed off with the situation as anyone else, but a few questions:

- Who's to say that the SC know there's any problem with the Bahraini (or any other for that matter) bid?
- Even if they do, and they tell us, what good will it do?
- If you were a member of the SC committee, and you knew something which you felt other fans should know, then what would you do? ...... and following on from that ......
- Given that you've just been told stuff by the SC that they really shouldn't have told you, what are you going to do with that new found info?
- If fans knew absolutely everything about every bid, and all the bidders, would that put us in a better position than we are now?
- If anyone intends "taking action", what's stopping them doing so right now?
- If we knew everything, but yet chose not to do anything, would that make us equally complicit as the SC in standing by and watching the downfall of the club?

Just asking.

I think too many fans are simply looking for someone to blame in case it all goes tits up. Sorry.

See Stanley has popped up on twitter to state none of the bidders want the club in L2.
A number of Tics have pointed out to him that if he and Greenback hadn't conducted an unnecessary total firesale we wouldn't be in the position of being anywhere near L2.
Sounds like groundwork for a "poor us" end game from the admins

Is there an actual quote from the man himself or is it all hearsay?

L1 or L2, surely it matters not. The standard is crap so with sensible recruitment augmenting our bloodied youngsters we’ll likely go straight back up. Difference in tv revenue isn’t that huge so shouldn’t make a significant difference.

Haven’t seen Stanley’s tweets but when he does it’s usually to get his excuses in early prior to any bad news being released. That said I’ve seen no substance to the rumours of the Bahrainis getting cold feet so are unfounded at this stage.

L1 or L2, surely it matters not. The standard is crap so with sensible recruitment augmenting our bloodied youngsters we’ll likely go straight back up. Difference in tv revenue isn’t that huge so shouldn’t make a significant difference.

Haven’t seen Stanley’s tweets but when he does it’s usually to get his excuses in early prior to any bad news being released. That said I’ve seen no substance to the rumours of the Bahrainis getting cold feet so are unfounded at this stage.
The poor guy hasn’t had a holiday, cut him some slack. Probably isn’t sleeping very well either. He’s working round the clock to get us sold - and charging for the privilege! Where is Baron Greenback anyway with his ill-fitting pin stripe suit? Haven’t heard from him in ages

I've seen the screenshot of Stanleys private convo on twitter. Basically someone asks is the bahrain deal dead, which he replies "cant say"

Guy says that doesnt sound good, stanleys reply is "league 2 is a place nobody wants to start"

Bit rich coming from a stockport county fan. Guy is a a grade a bellend.

Sheridan, letting all the team go for £2, releasing youngsters, signing journey men all reasons begbies are complicit in the downfall of us

Has anyone got the screenshots and can they post them on here?

Seems to have been a lot of rumours since last night about the Bahrain bid, nobody that I've seen (don't do Instagram), has posted anything to substantiate these rumours which all just adds to the frustration as we're constantly kept in the dark and the only people telling us anything are Alan Nixon and Begbies (he latter I barely believe a word from)

Charlz, if your only source for this worry is WN3's post, I would advise that you should rest easy.

Given that there's literally no other rumour of this anywhere (that I've seen anyway), it's more likely to be mischief making from someone.

Of course, it may turn out to be true ... but no need to worry about it until we hear from a credible source (with no disrespect intended toward WN3 or his bullshitting mate ! ;)).
Charlz, if your only source for this worry is WN3's post, I would advise that you should rest easy.

Given that there's literally no other rumour of this anywhere (that I've seen anyway), it's more likely to be mischief making from someone.

Of course, it may turn out to be true ... but no need to worry about it until we hear from a credible source (with no disrespect intended toward WN3 or his bullshitting mate ! ;)).
None taken 🤣

We would have been sold and a stable league one club maybe fighting for playoffs around now if we had administrators that could do a good job. Of all the administrators in this country, we got stuck with the ones who have done an absolute shocker at getting us sold and attractive . Wouldn't be surprised if these admins were one of the most common reasons for buyers walking away. Any other administrator would have done their job months ago. Paul Stanley moaning about no holiday, well good, if you knew how to do your job as a administrator, you could of had your holiday back in August like any other administrator who knows how to fulfil their job role.

If all the rumours are'nt true why cant the SC come out and say that?
It would certainly put the fans minds at rest, as long as info like this gets banded around and no one puts and end to it then its a "no smoke without fire scenario"
It's time to come clean and feck any NDAs even an anonymous tip off is good enough IMO.
One way or another, they need to share and confirm or deny if, to their knowledge, we are currently without any potential buyers.
Without going all LMB - I understand this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.