NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 488 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny you don't half get offended when somebody says something bad about an MP. I will let you in on a little secret. Most people don't like them. Me included. Can't remember the last time I thought one was genuine. You definitely work at the council offices to be so offended every time. Why does nobody respond to my e-mails? Your office staff aren't qualified as they answer my questions with the wrong answers 😂😂
Aye - all these local government types jump to the defence of comrades at every opportunity in faux indignation.
Pity they don't put as much effort into the day jobs- PC committee centric do nowts

Yes I used to lend him my season ticket if I could not get to a game
One day I lent it him and he only went and got arrested and police took my season ticket
Which club would not return it to me I have never bothered getting one since
But he was a great friend and sadly missed

Good friend of mine little Eric. What a character. Tried to get him well in his later years but afraid he couldn't quite get on top of things. Top lad.

Best Councillor in Wigan is Hindley Greens Bob Brierley and he's an independent....the Labour lot hate him because he gets off his arse and does something for his community instead of picking up their dosh and doing jack shit for it.

Nixon latest:

There is now a third bidder looking to speak to EFL and get checked. Both hoping to meet EFL imminently.

Both rival bidders to Bahrainis have Latics connections.

Neither is Royle.

If money is UK based checks will be significantly quicker.

1 of them includes the South African Saul Loggenberg who's party no longer want to move to Leigh or take 15 point deduction.

We are due 400k for Moore, 300k for Grigg and Power, 250k for Burn, 100k for Lowe in clauses if their sides survive / get promoted.

Saul Loggenberg was banned in 2013 as a company director for 11 years. Surely would not pass the fit and proper test. But then again this is the EFL we are talking about?

Saul Loggenberg was banned in 2013 as a company director for 11 years. Surely would not pass the fit and proper test. But then again this is the EFL we are talking about?

He is involved in the bid but apparently not one of the main guys who would be on the board or owner and be subject to the fit and proper test. Perhaps he is a broker like Gary Cooke was for Stanley who is not due to stick around in the event his party gets the club.

March 1st tomorrow. Should be a telling week. Unlikely anyone would buy something a few days before the end of a month knowing they be liable for salaries, so the fact the Bahrainis haven’t wrapped it up last week isn’t too concerning.
It's crunch time now though if Nixon is right about these Bahrain lot having passed the EFL checks/tests. Now it's about putting the money down and committing to the purchase (the biggest hurdle of the lot). Because the talk stops and it becomes about action. If it's true that they've agreed on the 3 million fee with the admins then there is now literally zero excuse for them not to get this takeover completed immediately.

If we hear nothing by the end of this week then I think it's very clear that they have either bottled it, are timewasters, or are waiting to see if we are certain to go down or not before they decide on whether to go through with the deal or not. We really should go down, but we are still just about in with a slim chance at this point if the league table is to go by and that makes it difficult to make a decision for any prospective owner who will only take us if we're certain to be in L1 next season. Basically a carbon copy of last season where everyone serious pulled out once we got relegated.

It's crunch time now though if Nixon is right about these Bahrain lot having passed the EFL checks/tests. Now it's about putting the money down and committing to the purchase (the biggest hurdle of the lot). Because the talk stops and it becomes about action. If it's true that they've agreed on the 3 million fee with the admins then there is now literally zero excuse for them not to get this takeover completed immediately.

If we hear nothing by the end of this week then I think it's very clear that they have either bottled it, are timewasters, or are waiting to see if we are certain to go down or not before they decide on whether to go through with the deal or not. We really should go down, but we are still just about in with a slim chance at this point if the league table is to go by and that makes it difficult to make a decision for any prospective owner who will only take us if we're certain to be in L1 next season. Basically a carbon copy of last season where everyone serious pulled out once we got relegated.

I'm not so sure it is a quick process to finalise a deal when there are legal teams and probably translators involved from different countries, in different time zones, speaking different languages. However, if the Bahrain EFL checks have been concluded (I must have missed that announcement) there is nothing stopping them putting a sizeable deposit down and requesting exclusivity, which would essentially shut out the rest of the competition.

Like someone said maybe Bahrain group want us in league 1
And are watching results before putting money in
In which case another group could pip them at the post

Nixon latest:

There is now a third bidder looking to speak to EFL and get checked. Both hoping to meet EFL imminently.

Both rival bidders to Bahrainis have Latics connections.

Neither is Royle.

If money is UK based checks will be significantly quicker.

1 of them includes the South African Saul Loggenberg who's party no longer want to move to Leigh or take 15 point deduction.

We are due 400k for Moore, 300k for Grigg and Power, 250k for Burn, 100k for Lowe in clauses if their sides survive / get promoted.
Does Nixon not know that Loggenberg is "alledgedly" barred fm directorships so that's a non starter if true

Kenny you don't half get offended when somebody says something bad about an MP. I will let you in on a little secret. Most people don't like them. Me included. Can't remember the last time I thought one was genuine. You definitely work at the council offices to be so offended every time. Why does nobody respond to my e-mails? Your office staff aren't qualified as they answer my questions with the wrong answers 😂😂
Wrong, I do not and have never worked for the Wigan or any other Council.
I just know YF and LN personally and, just as you probably would, will stand up for people that i know are being falsely represented.

Like someone said maybe Bahrain group want us in league 1
And are watching results before putting money in
In which case another group could pip them at the post

I've been thinking the same. There is no reason to delay unless you are trying to hedge your bets.

Hopefully it is making progress and will be done imminently, but if we don't hear anything within the next week or so i will be concerned.

Sounds like this guy is doing same as garido did for the spanish

I think that is what Garrido claimed but he was way more involved than he admitted. If all he was doing was brokering the deal as he said he'd not have been subject to the tests and Moreno wouldn't have had to restructure the deal financially and change companies house directors.

Does Nixon not know that Loggenberg is "alledgedly" barred fm directorships so that's a non starter if true

Yes he has previously mentioned that. But you can be involved with a consortium as long as your involvement in the club would not be be owner or director.

So for example if he is a negotiator, consultant, broker, agent, etc working for the potential new owners to get a deal made but isn't scheduled to be involved in the club hierarchy if the deal is completed he wouldn't be directly involved in the club running so the EFL wouldn't need to check him over.

But it isn't a particularly encouraging sign that he is involved in any capacity to be honest.

The fact he thought he was a good idea to move us in the first place tells me I want him no where the club.

I don't think he will be the guy making those decisions due to the fact he can't be owner or director. I assume the people he is working with are making the calls - but no idea if the proposed move and taking the -15 was a Loggenberg suggestion that the main guys rejected or if it was an idea they were previously running with. Either way it's not exactly a great first impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.