NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 472 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Simon Stone, bbc reporter

"Wigan Athletic remain in administration but the situation needs resolving quickly as EFL rules prevent them starting a second campaign without a buyer.
A consortium led by a Bahrain-based businessman is now the front runner but negotiations have slowed.
It seems paperwork has been submitted to the EFL, who are broadly supportive, but somewhere along the line there has been a hold-up and as each day passes without a resolution, the chances of it actually happening reduce.
Funding, apparently, is not the issue and this deal is seen as being more viable than the Spanish one that collapsed at Christmas.
But it is fair to say frustration is growing from all sides, which is not helping as the club battle to avoid relegation into League Two."

Doesn't fill you with optimism does it

We could not sell this club in a car boot sale. Sad

"Wigan Athletic remain in administration but the situation needs resolving quickly as EFL rules prevent them starting a second campaign without a buyer.
A consortium led by a Bahrain-based businessman is now the front runner but negotiations have slowed.
It seems paperwork has been submitted to the EFL, who are broadly supportive, but somewhere along the line there has been a hold-up and as each day passes without a resolution, the chances of it actually happening reduce.
Funding, apparently, is not the issue and this deal is seen as being more viable than the Spanish one that collapsed at Christmas.
But it is fair to say frustration is growing from all sides, which is not helping as the club battle to avoid relegation into League Two."

Being dragged out for a reason so Bahrain group get pissed off and walk
And it would not surprise me if that happens
Plan b anyone

If the EFL are broadly supportive of the bid and the funding is not an issue along with the whole package being seen as more viable than the last one, then get the fucking deal signed off and stop trying to kill our club you twats.

If the EFL are broadly supportive of the bid and the funding is not an issue along with the whole package being seen as more viable than the last one, then get the fucking deal signed off and stop trying to kill our club you twats.
Said all along someone might be in the ear of the efl
Hope I am wrong but you never know

Funding apparently is not the issue. Fuck me in this pandemic sure to christ finding somebody to provide funds is the number 1 priority. Yet again it's being dragged out. This is fucking deliberate. The FA need to get involved in this and ask questions of the EFL. If the funds are in place and the next 2 seasons have been guaranteed then there are no more excuses.

Ah well, as expected, it says bugger all.

No point even posting the link.

To paraphrase that cracking song by The Whispers ............ And the pain goes on.

In the meantime, we continue to liaise with interested parties, the EFL and the Supporters Club and we continue to remain optimistic of a successful outcome.

I think its about time the SC started to challenge these fucking clowns, the SC should try liaising with the fans ffs, couldn't shut em up when they were asking for donations for this, that and the other.

In the meantime, we continue to liaise with interested parties, the EFL and the Supporters Club and we continue to remain optimistic of a successful outcome.

I think its about time the SC started to challenge these fucking clowns, the SC should try liaising with the fans ffs, couldn't shut em up when they were asking for donations for this, that and the other.
I can't remember the supporters club being as you described when donations were coming in, perhaps you could share where you "couldn't shut em up"

How do you know there has? Nearly 8 months and counting. That’s my point - no one is telling us anything and it’s a joke
But its not 8 months, the Spanish bid only went tits up at the beginning of January, this one from Bahrain was submitted to the EFL less than a month ago.

But its not 8 months, the Spanish bid only went tits up at the beginning of January, this one from Bahrain was submitted to the EFL less than a month ago.
I accept that but let’s get real - how long should it take to complete the checks which the EFL say they need to do? The Spanish bid took ludicrously long as well. My beef is the apparent complete lack of urgency with all this

Status
Not open for further replies.