NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 470 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the SC had invested the £750k in the same timeframe our pot would now stand at over £2m !
Just saying..... 😉🤔

Not enough to buy the club Dude but got a tip off a yank mate (I know !) that Musk was about to wade in - emptied the piggy bank and bought 1 bitcoin via my mates US investment club (again I know !) at $15k:1
baled start Jan at $40k:1 so not bad for 3 months net of trading taxes. If nothing else family hols and next seasons tickets sorted out
Not sure how much / if it will keep going as it's now over $50k:1 so becoming a rich mans game !
Lots of other crypto products but which ones will fly ?

So $50k:1 is a rich man's game yet $15k:1 isn't!! Blimey there must be plenty of slush knocking around in Hampton Towers...me I'd be bricking it if I invested $15k in bitcoin incase it went tits up.....not that I've got that much in my spare change jar 😉

Plan B ? - anyone shed any light on what plan B is or have I missed the detail on it and what happened to plan A ?
Also whilst interest rates are low some monies should be being generated- who's getting that ?
Seen nothing fm the SC for weeks - again 🙄
They should have invested sone of our money in bitcoin 6 months ago - could have bought the club 10 times over !
Every day that goes by without proactive action on the supporters behalf by the supporters club is a day wasted IMO.
Seems little or no pressure being formally applied by anyone on anyone right now which is frightening as the EFL cliff edge is less than 6 months away
So you want to invest real money in a speculative pyramid scheme that has no end product that earns income and one day will come crashing down ?

So $50k:1 is a rich man's game yet $15k:1 isn't!! Blimey there must be plenty of slush knocking around in Hampton Towers...me I'd be bricking it if I invested $15k in bitcoin incase it went tits up.....not that I've got that much in my spare change jar 😉
It's all relative Jock and was some money I was willed and had been looking to invest for some time - nothing ventured and all that 😉
So yes $50k too rich for me !

Bit like IEC and Latics if you will 😉🤣

Investment in a footballclub is high risk no doubt about it but a least there is a discernible end product - the clubs fabric, bricks and mortar which could be lost.

The difference with bit coin is there is nothing that it invests in or earns income from, a ponzi scheme where income is earned by selling nothing for profit, it should be illegal and will eventually come crashing down.
I ask again, do you think the supporters club should have invested money given over to their care in a corrupt scheme.

Investment in a footballclub is high risk no doubt about it but a least there is a discernible end product - the clubs fabric, bricks and mortar which could be lost.

The difference with bit coin is there is nothing that it invests in or earns income from, a ponzi scheme where income is earned by selling nothing for profit, it should be illegal and will eventually come crashing down.
I ask again, do you think the supporters club should have invested money given over to their care in a corrupt scheme.

Might as well stick it on some bloody donkey at Haydock Park.

I seriously doubt that any financial advisor worth his salt would advise the club to be gambling with money that is technically not theirs.

No need to get so heavy - it was a tongue in cheek comment based on a recent personal investment / return - no drama !

Really depends on whether any money ever actually changed hands between the Chinese blokes once IEC paid Whelan for the club, how much tax they saved using the club as part of their balance sheet, and whether the far eastern bookies paid up on relegation ;)

Stanley has given an interview to a site called northernquota .org and says the EFL have given as close to a green light as there can be to the Bahrainis and that they will be appointing a British Director of football and a British Chief Executive,and that they are ok at being in league 2 if need be!Could be Stanley flannel or could be accurate,who knows!

Stanley has given an interview to a site called northernquota .org and says the EFL have given as close to a green light as there can be to the Bahrainis and that they will be appointing a British Director of football and a British Chief Executive,and that they are ok at being in league 2 if need be!Could be Stanley flannel or could be accurate,who knows!
Why is he giving interviews to some random website when he should be communicating directly to his most important stakeholders - us the fans!

I hope it is but we have heard this or similar so many times before with other bidders.

Status
Not open for further replies.