NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 399 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble is Moonay, every other day we seem to have a new potential bidder, a possible loss of bidder or a probable sale of a player....in essence we don't know where we are from day to day, what to believe n not to believe...who says what, when why or where, so hard to keep up & know what's REALLY going on. More twists & turns than a drive through Milton Keynes 😉

In reality though Jock, we don't need to know. It would be nice of course, but we are just interested bystanders in this whole mess. As long as the people who need to know understand what's going on that's all that matters, we have no divine right to any info at all so I for one am just grateful for the snippets that we do get.

Isn't it time for the SC to proactively throw their weight (and our money) behind one of the bid options to get the admins gone and move our club on.
Understand it's their objective to do what's in the clubs best interest. However life under Begbies is not in any interest of our club.

Thing is though ...... we don't know that they haven't.........they just can't tell us.

In reality though Jock, we don't need to know. It would be nice of course, but we are just interested bystanders in this whole mess. As long as the people who need to know understand what's going on that's all that matters, we have no divine right to any info at all so I for one am just grateful for the snippets that we do get.

Get exactly what you're saying but it's just some of the info we get we don't know how credible it is, with some saying it's credible others saying it's complete bs....

Thing is though ...... we don't know that they haven't.........they just can't tell us.
They told us that they couldn't support the spanish bid though ?
Maybe they should take the same approach with other bids alledgedly in play ?
List all those they can't support and we will see what's left 🤔

They told us that they couldn't support the spanish bid though ?
Maybe they should take the same approach with other bids alledgedly in play ?
List all those they can't support and we will see what's left 🤔

Did they tell us at the time, or just when it fell through ? Summat to do with the NDA, giving them access to all the bidders I presume.

Did they tell us at the time, or just when it fell through ? Summat to do with the NDA, giving them access to all the bidders I presume.
They came out and stated they couldn't support it well before it fell through due to the small equity level offered - 4% I believe.
On that precedent they should be able to repeat that approach to any other bids in play they are aware of ?

They came out and stated they couldn't support it well before it fell through due to the small equity level offered - 4% I believe.
On that precedent they should be able to repeat that approach to any other bids in play they are aware of ?

They said they didn't want to hand over their money for the % ownership on offer, but I don't recall them actually saying that they didn't support the Spanish bid. There's a massive difference.

They said they didn't want to hand over their money for the % ownership on offer, but I don't recall them actually saying that they didn't support the Spanish bid. There's a massive difference.

Similar to the bid being accepted and an acceptable bid of our recent discussion.

Depends on how you read it. :hmmm:

Similar to the bid being accepted and an acceptable bid of our recent discussion.

Depends on how you read it. :hmmm:

Possibly ....... but I think in this instance, the difference is more distinguishable. The SC were not happy with the deal they were being offered. As it happens, they may also not have been happy with the Spanish bid itself, but they didn't (couldn't) actually say that.

With the "acceptable bid" issue, there's (almost) an implication that acceptance will follow, subject to conditions being fulfilled.

Correct. It says supporters club. And they say nothing.

What says "Supporters Club" John? .................. or do you mean that the title "Supporters Club" means that they should be representing the supporters?

They are. They just aren't able to tell us the (gory) details of what's going on. Again, they've said nothing because they'll (likely) be under the restrictions of an NDA with the Admins.

We are the supporters. If they want to back some one. Why don’t the contact. All the members. And put it to a vote. Nothing hard about that. Could well get a good few members. All this NDA. Is bollocks. What would any one do. About it.

John, it's not a case of them backing someone. It's a case of:
- a bidder being interested in buying the club
- the bidder wanting supporter representation on the board (which the crowdfunder money could potentially "buy")
- the SC believing that representation to be good value for money (which they didn't believe it was in the case of the Spanish bid)
- the SC being in a position to rescue the club if the worst comes to the worst (which is what the crowdfunder was primarily for).

If they were to contact the whole SC fanbase (which surely would take some time to get a response from everyone) what would they ask? We know nothing (or little) about most of the bidders. On what basis could we be expected to base a decision in response to whatever the question was?

If there are fans out there who still haven't joined the SC given all the previous publicity re fundraising, then I doubt they're ever going to join.

As for NDAs, they're a legal document, and breaking one could see the offender sued. Whether or not the offended party would go that far is another thing, but I don't see why the SC committee should risk it.

but I don't see why the SC committee should risk it.
If it's 89 years of history and a club we all hold dear in peril I see every reason why the SC should risk it - they should be risking everything on our behalf.
If they end up returning the money having sat on it for 6 months and we end up with no club, despite best intentions, I for one will never forgive them.

If it's 89 years of history and a club we all hold dear in peril I see every reason why the SC should risk it - they should be risking everything on our behalf.

Easy to say that by typing stuff in your keyboard mate. I'm sure they's welcome your assistance if you want to offer it.

If they end up returning the money having sat on it for 6 months and we end up with no club, despite best intentions, I for one will never forgive them.

I'm not sure you've got the point of what the money's for. If they can use it to secure representation on the board, and have a say in the running of the club, then great. If a bidder doesn't want that, then the SC has no real grounds for insisting they have a say.................... and the money will be returned.

However, if none of the 11 interested parties (sorry, nearly spilled me brew !) end up buying the club, then it's at that point where the SC can act as the last option to keep the club alive, at whatever level, by using that money.

Whinging about them just seems such a misguided action.

Easy to say that by typing stuff in your keyboard mate. I'm sure they's welcome your assistance if you want to offer it.

I'm not sure you've got the point of what the money's for. If they can use it to secure representation on the board, and have a say in the running of the club, then great. If a bidder doesn't want that, then the SC has no real grounds for insisting they have a say.................... and the money will be returned.

However, if none of the 11 interested parties (sorry, nearly spilled me brew !) end up buying the club, then it's at that point where the SC can act as the last option to keep the club alive, at whatever level, by using that money.

Whinging about them just seems such a misguided action.
So better to continue to live in Begbies purgatory?
It's time for positive action from the SC to move the club forward not wait and see then make up your minds.
Get off the fence time if you like 😉

Once the SC break the NDA or go behind admins back and do something they shouldn't they will likely be excluded from any future involvement. Thankfully they didn't do this last July as we'd be none the wiser about what's going on now, or last September when the Spanish first appeared, or last December when the Spanish bid was floundering, or now when we have allegedly multiple bidders interested.
Just try and be patient cos SC shouting their gobs off can only be detrimental at this stage. There is no upside other than people like us, with no actual influence, knowing what's going on today but then there being no further SC involvement tomorrow or thereafter. Then you'd be complaining about the SC blowing it.

So better to continue to live in Begbies purgatory?
It's time for positive action from the SC to move the club forward not wait and see then make up your minds.
Get off the fence time if you like 😉

How you conclude I'm in any way happy with Begbies purgatory is beyond me. As for the SC moving forward ......... just how exactly would you have them fo that in the absence of a buyer?

I get the frustration ............ just not the target.

How you conclude I'm in any way happy with Begbies purgatory is beyond me. As for the SC moving forward ......... just how exactly would you have them fo that in the absence of a buyer?

I get the frustration ............ just not the target.
Not concluding - rhetorical 😉
Just saying IMO enough is enough so either say something, do something (even if that means putting the dosh up themselves as an offer) Rome burned and the Titanic sank while some fiddled or moved deckchairs
Again, it's time for some positive action not more hand wringing gone on too long this.

Once the SC break the NDA or go behind admins back and do something they shouldn't they will likely be excluded from any future involvement. Thankfully they didn't do this last July as we'd be none the wiser about what's going on now, or last September when the Spanish first appeared, or last December when the Spanish bid was floundering, or now when we have allegedly multiple bidders interested.
Just try and be patient cos SC shouting their gobs off can only be detrimental at this stage. There is no upside other than people like us, with no actual influence, knowing what's going on today but then there being no further SC involvement tomorrow or thereafter. Then you'd be complaining about the SC blowing it.
Tbf Arthur think collectively we gone past the time to be patient. Even some saints would be wobbling - maybe if we'd properly kicked off like Charlton did we would be further along right now.
If access to £800k or 25% of the asking price doesn't mean some influence then don't know what does.

Status
Not open for further replies.