NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 386 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Delort is apparently interesting NUFC and WWFC, the fee £14M.
I know we got a good sell on price a few years ago, but are we be due another sell on payment for future transfers?

I am glad they are doing it, I just wish they'd have done this level of scrutiny for Yeung. If they did we probably wouldn't have be in this mess.

I agree to a certain extent. It's the way it should be but your last sentence kind of emphasises my point
But we also know that the EFL said they couldn't scrutinise the IEC, then Choi & Au Yeung takeover & then the Au Yeung takeover as much as they would have liked & as much as Latics fans were doing in the immediate aftermath of our entry into administration because their rules on it (as agreed by all member clubs) wouldn't allow it
We've since seen bids go through for several clubs without anywhere near the scrutiny that they seem to be applying to Latics
That brings up several points to me: 1) They clearly can scrutinise takeovers of clubs to that degree because they're doing it now which begs the question of why the hell they didn't do it the previous 3 times? Why didn't they do it for Bury, Macclesfield & even Bolton when they allowed Anderson in? 2) If they can do it to us, then why the hell don't they seem to be doing it for other clubs to the same degree in order to safeguard their futures as much as possible & 3) as others have alleged through their treatment of us over these last 6 & a bit months why do we seem to get treated differently.

It seems very odd that I'm moaning if it brings about the best result for Latics but it doesn't sit right with me for the reasons above

I know we got a good sell on price a few years ago, but are we be due another sell on payment for future transfers?

I seriously doubt it - he's played for 7 clubs since leaving us which is not bad going considering it's only been 5-6 yrs (if you include a loan spell whilst still with us)

I seriously doubt it - he's played for 7 clubs since leaving us which is not bad going considering it's only been 5-6 yrs (if you include a loan spell whilst still with us)

He left us for Caen and has played for Tigres and Toulouse prior to joining Montpelier. So only two clubs other than a loan to Tours since leaving us. As you say though, we probably won't get another add on fee.

No, we could only have an agreement with club we sold him to at time. We had all we were due.

I'd argue that if they had done this level of scrutiny of Au Yeung and rejected him then we would already be dead. Au Yeung would have liquidated us anyway (he would still have been the owner - the EFL couldn't prevent that) and the only thing of value - our EFL membership - would no longer exist.
As I've said before, thank god for the previous incompetence of the EFL.

Au Yeung would never have been in charge of the club to make the call on admin if the EFL failed him. Without having Yeung to 'sell to' Choi probably wouldn't have wanted to put us into admin or liquidation as it would damage him, IEC share price and see them lose even more money. I believe they'd have most likely had to get to summer and sell players and club to minimise his loses. Even if he asset stripped us we'd still be a Championship club and easier to sell.

I see our friend Nixon is insisting that the takeover is ‘nowhere near the EFL’s eyes at the moment’.

I know the admins said there would be an update ‘by Friday’, but I can’t see what news they’re going to have to update us with to be honest!

I see our friend Nixon is insisting that the takeover is ‘nowhere near the EFL’s eyes at the moment’.

I know the admins said there would be an update ‘by Friday’, but I can’t see what news they’re going to have to update us with to be honest!
And how does he know that? Unless the admins are feeding him the info?

Sure LMB would be back on here if there were issues, I'm taking it at the moment that no news is good news and that it's moving on, whether or not that's as quickly as we would like, but no reason to believe it's hit a snag

And how does he know that? Unless the admins are feeding him the info?
As we said before Swindon,nixon seems to have been frozen out by his previous sources and continues to fish for information!Personally i have no doubt that LMB was right in his info on here and indeed i suspect the Frampton group are behind the admin putting a higher price on Josephs head, The admin would have taken Blackpools £500k without hesitation otherwise!

Kyle is out of contract so can sign a pre- contract with any other club right now.
If his new club won't agree to buy in Jan he goes for free.
However we would be due compo as he's an academy product under 20.
The bad news is the level of compo would be set by our "friends" at the EFL and we wouldn't get it for months after the end of the season. (Plus Barnsley would appeal the decision extending the timeframe)
Yet again it's heads you lose tails you lose 🙄

Why do people have so much faith in LMB? He could be making the whole thing up. Why is he thought of so highly?
He isn't by me fwiw. Nixon has always been on the mark regarding us and always will be. Expect to be disappointed by Frampton. I've done my research and see no proof of guaranteed funds from his "backer". Just like I saw none when I did my research on IEC and Stanley Choi way back when.

I'm big enough to apologise when wrong but I know what horse I'm backing.

29k a week wages is now the average. This is why we will never make it back to the Prem or even stay in the Championship long term until a salary cap is brought in.

League One and League Two salary cap:

League One: Limits on player salaries have been set at £2.5m year,

League Two: Limits on player salaries have been set at £1.5m year,

The new measures could have severe financial implications on big spenders in the coming years – and an appeal has already been made
by the PFA legal challenge and worries for,
Sunderland, Ipswich and Portsmouth

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/salary-cap-league-one-efl-sunderland-ipswich-portsmouth-574179

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.