NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 304 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Memories:

As i'm nearly 70, despite all the success we have
had over recent years, promotions, the Prem League and winning the FA Cup.

My thoughts keep going back to the Non-League Days,
Playing Alty.Chorley, Boston United,Bangor City,South Liverpool, South Shields ect.

Moving behind the Goal Posts at Half-Time, talking to old friends as you moved around Springy Park, Bovril and Oxo
to keep your hands warm in sub-zero temps.

The old Paper Progs instead of these Glossy ones, which i've
never liked, the Football Pink, to see if we had drawn a League Club in the FA Cup.

Running onto the pitch when we had won and was ankle deep in 'slutch'.

Mixing and Working with the Players.

Playing Man City official opening of the floodlights on
24 October 1966, when Manchester City were the visitors.
City brought a full strength team to Springfield Park and won 4–0.

Rose Tinted Glasses--but a lot of my old friends, who have passed away, we had great times and sad ones following Latics all over the Country, who never lived to see us win the FA Cup.

I may be an 'old fogey',
but i remember the 'past and the present'.

I was at that game, as you say happy days. This was taken after the game.

Attachments

• scan0139 - Copy.jpg
    scan0139 - Copy.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 8
So was I...couldn't stop looking up at them, a thing of beauty and wonderment to a child.

Was there a story that we had bought them 2nd hand off United or somebody ?

I thought that they came from Manchester City & that's why the opening game using em was against City. That's what my dad always told me anyway
I think that also ties in as to why Peter Swales bought the stripey kit used when we got in to the league (again another story I've heard that might not be true)

Hampton, you make some valid points but could you point me to the evidence that the SC "seem to have done everything to stop his bid".
Come on Arthur, they've hardly been supporting it from the statements they've put out around talking to other interested parties and alternatives.
Nor have they backed it.

I thought that they came from Manchester City & that's why the opening game using em was against City. That's what my dad always told me anyway
I think that also ties in as to why Peter Swales bought the stripey kit used when we got in to the league (again another story I've heard that might not be true)

Could be...it has been a while.

We could do with,
Jackie Pallo, Mick McManus ,Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy
and Kendo Nagasaki in the team at present,
how many Red Cards would they get?

Apart from haystacks and Big Daddy my dad fowt all tuthers springy. Dont forget Massambula too...he would have made a good # 5.

Happy Days and memories traveling around Going back to Macclesfield when we won the cup in 2013 brought back all those special games. My cousin was Player Manager for Mac Keith Goalen I am well over 70 coming closer to 80

Happy Days and memories traveling around Going back to Macclesfield when we won the cup in 2013 brought back all those special games. My cousin was Player Manager for Mac Keith Goalen I am well over 70 coming closer to 80
Wow taff really respect to you sir where you one of the springfield few like i was back 70s

Apart from haystacks and Big Daddy my dad fowt all tuthers springy. Dont forget Massambula too...he would have made a good # 5.

Bloody hell, nice one. Was that on t' telly, or in local bouts?

Only time I ever saw my Grandam get nowty was watching wrestling. Jim Breaks, Adrian Street and of course, Negasaki were the main targets of her sharp tongue, while Steve Viedor and Vic Faulkner (who later ran a pub in Euxton) were her favourites.

Is he mentioned in here?

https://www.wrestlingheritage.co.uk/wrestlers

Bloody hell, nice one. Was that on t' telly, or in local bouts?

Only time I ever saw my Grandam get nowty was watching wrestling. Jim Breaks, Adrian Street and of course, Negasaki were the main targets of her sharp tongue, while Steve Viedor and Vic Faulkner (who later ran a pub in Euxton) were her favourites.

Is he mentioned in here?

https://www.wrestlingheritage.co.uk/wrestlers

Ofcourse he is pal...Billy Harrison.

What has all this shit about wrestling got to do with the takeover?

Take it into off topic before the curtain twitchers self combust again. As Barnsley fans say, rules are rules.

What has all this shit about wrestling got to do with the takeover?

Take it into off topic before the curtain twitchers self combust again. As Barnsley fans say, rules are rules.

The takeover has been a long grappling contest, and at times, we've definitely been on the ropes. The Admins have long had us in a half nelson, and almost had us out for the count.

However, with a couple of forearm smashes to the tyre-kickers, it seems that we're almost at the end of the fight.

Not off topic at all.
;)

The takeover has been a long grappling contest, and at times, we've definitely been on the ropes. The Admins have long had us in a half nelson, and almost had us out for the count.

However, with a couple of forearm smashes to the tyre-kickers, it seems that we're almost at the end of the fight.

Not off topic at all.
;)

Bah humbug 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.