NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 242 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFL must have serious concerns to be asking so many questions for so long - either the Spanish mustn't be answering them or they are and the answers must not be satisfying those concerns.

After 2 months of asking questions surely you would have all the info possible, they must have asked everything and if the EFL aren't happy by now with the answers they aren't going to change and they have grounds to reject the bid.

Nixon has mentioned where the funding comes from from the very start and throughout - surely they have worked out if the source is credible by now?

EFL must have serious concerns to be asking so many questions for so long - either the Spanish mustn't be answering them or they are and the answers must not be satisfying those concerns.

After 2 months of asking questions surely you would have all the info possible, they must have asked everything and if the EFL aren't happy by now with the answers they aren't going to change and they have grounds to reject the bid.

Nixon has mentioned where the funding comes from from the very start and throughout - surely they have worked out if the source is credible by now?

They are too scared to reject. EFL again, complete selfishness on prioritizing themselves over our club. If this is so much an issue, they should have rejected it weeks ago. Now their faffing about has caused more damage, accepting or rejecting now, the EFLs constant delay and indecision has already done the damage.

I suppose the key phrase is:
"We are not looking to change the terms of the lease. "

On the surface of it, that sounds like the Council aren't holding anything up ......... unless of course, the Spanish actually want something to be changed, and the Council are against it.

What might that be? The rental payments surely wouldn't be referenced in there (they'd be in a separate agreement) so there must be another clause that's causing the delay ...........................that's if there is an issue with the lease.

Let's hope PK advises further soon.

I was also thinking about who they say they are supporting and who they leave out. Maybe that is just reading too much into it but it struck me when I read it.

I was also thinking about who they say they are supporting and who they leave out. Maybe that is just reading too much into it but it struck me when I read it.
Trying too hard to find summat "anti-Tic" there I feel KDZ.

The CEO was quite unequivocal in her tweet earlier.

Tonight, they're playing.........what reason would there be to mention us?

Fit and Proper test FFS. Why did the unfit and far from proper EFL not look at this first before everything else.
Bloody idiots have given the go ahead to a right mixed mob of unfit and not proper owners over the years.
Stop the stalling and at least give these a go at running our club.

They took part, don't know about playing. Failed miserably again.

Not anti Latics, I am not buying into any theories the council have it in for the club. They said in the tweet about not wanting to change the lease they are supporting admin, Supporters Club and EFL but strangely no mention of prospective owners. Surely the Spanish going through the test with EFL would be the main candidate in need of support but instead mentioned SC who aren't even currently involved in the bid. Maybe something to the way they worded it, maybe not but it stuck out to me.

I think the wording also possibly alluded to someone is trying to change the lease just not them. Admin said progress was made between council and Spanish so it would seem like any desired to change was at their end.

Last edited:
Fit and Proper test FFS. Why did the unfit and far from proper EFL not look at this first before everything else.
Bloody idiots have given the go ahead to a right mixed mob of unfit and not proper owners over the years.
Stop the stalling and at least give these a go at running our club.

If these aren't right though we still have 2 or 3 alternatives - I'd rather the EFL reject a unsuitable bid and give the others a chance than pass a deal that no one seems happy with and end up possibly back here and maybe even worse off with no interest.

I've no issue with the EFL being super thorough and being strict on the Fit and Proper test but the time this is taking is a piss take. If they are not happy with the Spanish by now then they probably should've rejected them already. They seem like they don't want to pass them but are afraid to do it so just keep delaying hoping they will get fed up and walk away to save them from doing their job. It's looking very cowardly.

If these aren't right though we still have 2 or 3 alternatives - I'd rather the EFL reject a unsuitable bid and give the others a chance than pass a deal that no one seems happy with and end up possibly back here and maybe even worse off with no interest.

I've no issue with the EFL being super thorough and being strict on the Fit and Proper test but the time this is taking is a piss take. If they are not happy with the Spanish by now then they probably should've rejected them already. They seem like they don't want to pass them but are afraid to do it so just keep delaying hoping they will get fed up and walk away to save them from doing their job. It's looking very cowardly.
Who seems unhappy with the spanish bid ?

SC not done a deal with them and EFL not passed them, if they were happy they would've done.
The EFL have not said they are not happy they have told admins its now down to due diligence which is ongoing and takes time
I am not concerned about the SC that will be sorted soon has they pass fit and propper
You really do want the spaniards to fail dont you

Status
Not open for further replies.