NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 234 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worriers took over the operating lease from the council though not ownership.
Ahead of this the council paid £6m of local taxpayers money to upgrade the facility - to the warriors requirements - so Lenegan got a state of the art training facility, at no capital cost, a "for free" public use income stream from it to cover the operating costs and Latics got - feck all.
An absolute scandal IMO - if we had equal treatment the council could have bought the DW fm the admins for less than £6m, offered the football club a similar operating lease with a similar "for free" income stream (stadium revenues and rugby fair rental payments)
Now that would have been equitable across both pro clubs in the town.
Now where's our £6m ?
It’s like banging your head against a wall. Some can’t see it

I would love to know the terms of the agreement between them and Wigan Warriors for the Robin Park arena. Can you ask for a freedom of information from them?
Don't need a FoI towngreen it's on the warriors website ......!
Details on prior post - it's unbelievable Jeff !

The worriers took over the operating lease from the council though not ownership.
Ahead of this the council paid £6m of local taxpayers money to upgrade the facility - to the warriors requirements - so Lenegan got a state of the art training facility, at no capital cost, a "for free" public use income stream from it to cover the operating costs and Latics got - feck all.
An absolute scandal IMO - if we had equal treatment the council could have bought the DW fm the admins for less than £6m, offered the football club a similar operating lease with a similar "for free" income stream (stadium revenues and rugby fair rental payments)
Now that would have been equitable across both pro clubs in the town.
Now where's our £6m ?

What we need is the executive leader of the council to be a latics fan?

From Wigan Today:

The Arena will become the Warriors’ base for their training and education programmes but the public will continue to have full use of its facilities,
which include an indoor running track.

The move – that will see Warriors take on the lease – will reduce the council’s subsidy and maintenance costs for the facility, the Town Hall has said.

So, how much rent is the Warriors paying to use the DW Stadium and
Robin Park Arena to Wigan Council?

Did the Warriors sell, Edge Hall Road
after they went to Robin Park Sports Centre?

Last edited:
Way i see it your hoping it goes tits up king

I'm hoping we get the best possible owners. If the Spanish can't do a deal with the SC, satisfy whatever issues with the council or pass the fit and proper test then the sooner the EFL confirm that the better to give someone else a chance to come in. As the longer we stay in this limbo the harder it is for someone else to come in.

If they can do a satisfactory deal with the SC, get the council on side and pass the EFL test then let's see it, we are already 3 weeks later and 2 extensions past the original timeline.

If there is an elephant the of course it should be called out - unfortunately it's the EFL we are beholden to around said elephant if indeed dumbo exists.
Right now the ball is entirely in their court so everyone (Nandy, the council, the local Rag and the SC) should be massively pressurising the EFL who promised "to do everything to support our club" to make good, for once, on that commitment and end this awful uncertainty one way or another.

That is all you can ask from the EFL - do your job properly and quickly. They certainly seems to be more thorough this time which we should appreciate but it has been painfully slow and their communications have been a farce.

And Maybee the Spanish have told the council and the rugby a few home truths and they don’t like it. As for the supporters club wish I hadn’t donated. Any thing now. As not being told any thing only the chosen few

To be fair they are in a difficult position. There will likely be NDAs in place limiting how much they can share. But also if they are not pleased with the Spanish for some reason if they publicly burn bridges and then the Spanish deal eventually goes through it will be even more difficult to strike a favourable deal with them. Or if they are still in negotiations they probably don't want to give their hand away, set expectations or rock the boat at a delicate time.

The silence feels a bit deafening and it is frustrating hearing nothing, it would be good to get some type of carefully worded update - but I suspect there is plenty they'd like to say but they feel they currently can't for the greater good.

I'm sure once it's all over we may find out what's been going on but for now I know the SC want what is best for the club and if they believe that currently means keeping their council then it's probably best they do that for now. But getting any type of update would still be welcome.

As has been said perhaps there is no elephant to call out and that all the conspiracy theorists are wrong and it was just a matter of the covid virus slowing down the administration. The cogs within the EFL work slowly anyway but without being able to meet face to face with the bidders and their legal representatives everything is probably having to be done by e.mail and in written form slowing the process even further.

In my opinion if there was a serious problem with the bidders or the bid someone would have found a way, legal or otherwise, of putting the information out. Hopefully it will be completed in the next few days and we can then start to concentrate on getting a team together.

You'd like to hope so but the Spanish reps Cliveden and Cristo are UK based so meeting face to face has been possible as essential business meetings are allowed. Plus with video confrence technology like Zoom and Skype being so prevalent I don't believe that Covid would've excessivly impacted their ability to have the necessary meetings on the same type of schedule as normal.

I'm not sure if the lack of leaking is either a good or bad sign either way as whoever did leak could face serious legal consequences if caught breaking NDA details in this instance. After the last supposed leak I'm sure everyone in the know is being more careful and watched more closely and it's probably not worth the personal risk.

You'd like to hope so but the Spanish reps Cliveden and Cristo are UK based so meeting face to face has been possible as essential business meetings are allowed. Plus with video confrence technology like Zoom and Skype being so prevalent I don't believe that Covid would've excessivly impacted their ability to have the necessary meetings on the same type of schedule as normal.

I'm not sure if the lack of leaking is either a good or bad sign either way as whoever did leak could face serious legal consequences if caught breaking NDA details in this instance. After the last supposed leak I'm sure everyone in the know is being more careful and watched more closely and it's probably not worth the personal risk.

I'd think another issue with the slowness of it all is trying to find an opportunity for everybody to make time for meetings.
If the efl want to speak to the Spain based people then translaters from both parties need to be in attendance. This would cause further delay. The same as Christo and Cliveden speaking to the efl or local council.
All these sets of people have other businesses to attend to. Especially in the current climate and unfortunately Latics business isn't seen as urgent.

On saying that I'd expect the green light for the Spanish to go ahead by Wednesday this week.
As all the relevant info seems to have been sorted.

I'm hoping we get the best possible owners. If the Spanish can't do a deal with the SC, satisfy whatever issues with the council or pass the fit and proper test then the sooner the EFL confirm that the better to give someone else a chance to come in. As the longer we stay in this limbo the harder it is for someone else to come in.

If they can do a satisfactory deal with the SC, get the council on side and pass the EFL test then let's see it, we are already 3 weeks later and 2 extensions past the original timeline.
Anyone else has had plenty time since the Stoke match to have offered a better offer than the Spanish.
I'd think another issue with the slowness of it all is trying to find an opportunity for everybody to make time for meetings.
If the efl want to speak to the Spain based people then translaters from both parties need to be in attendance. This would cause further delay. The same as Christo and Cliveden speaking to the efl or local council.
All these sets of people have other businesses to attend to. Especially in the current climate and unfortunately Latics business isn't seen as urgent.

On saying that I'd expect the green light for the Spanish to go ahead by Wednesday this week.
As all the relevant info seems to have been sorted.
Didnt take long for them to ratify Derby Countys takeover. You would have thought that would have been subject to massive scrutiny after Derbys record with their past owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.