NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 231 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, first of all, HI! Big fan Big fan of latics here, since the days of Los 3 amigos.

I don't really know if the information is accurate but the comparison with Dave Whelan is not bad at all. The trajectory of the Lega and Felipe's management is quite reminiscent of the times of Wigan in the Premier. Economic austerity and prioritize the club's economy. There are many fans of Leganés who have a habit of our president because he spends little money and we have lost the identity that we had in the years that we were in lower categories but I think it is ours. If finally Felipe Moreno buys your club, you are going to have a very efficient manager, he can invest some money but what will worry him most is that the club's accounts are healthy, the main problem is that Felipe Moreno is not a man football and I don't know how he is going to translate his experience with us into an area as different as English football.

Right so they save the club from liquidation create academy to secure our future with young players be it English maybe spanish
Eventually with luck and prudance they get us higher in the English football tier of football
If they do sell players for A profit i will accept that
Whelan did the same or would you prefer where we are now at. Rock bottom feckin clueless heading for oblivion come on Franko let's give them a chance

What are you on about? This is a reply from a Legenas fan I found on their forum

Ok, first of all, HI! Big fan Big fan of latics here, since the days of Los 3 amigos.

I don't really know if the information is accurate but the comparison with Dave Whelan is not bad at all. The trajectory of the Lega and Felipe's management is quite reminiscent of the times of Wigan in the Premier. Economic austerity and prioritize the club's economy. There are many fans of Leganés who have a habit of our president because he spends little money and we have lost the identity that we had in the years that we were in lower categories but I think it is ours. If finally Felipe Moreno buys your club, you are going to have a very efficient manager, he can invest some money but what will worry him most is that the club's accounts are healthy, the main problem is that Felipe Moreno is not a man football and I don't know how he is going to translate his experience with us into an area as different as English football.

Well Felipe Moreno did buy Leganes in the third division, then gradually build them up into a team that survived for 4 seasons in La Liga which doesn't seem too bad at all! To be honest, I'd rather we have someone who's a cautious spender over loose cannons splashing money indiscriminately then pulling the plug (see previous owner). If he were to do the same with us (third tier to top tier) then start penny-pinching that'd be absolutely fine with me!!

At the very least, if the Spanish were to walk away at some point, I can't imagine they'd leave us with a nearly fatal £6 million hole like IEC/Yeung did!

And Leganes are currently 3rd in the Spanish second tier, going within 2 points of top spot tonight after beating Malaga (massive team at that level) away from home. So he's certainly not binned them off after losing the glory and finances of La Liga, which is reassuring.

Last edited:
Saw this from the Leganes forum:

To sum up, the strategy of the Moreno Family is to buy clubs to get rich. Once the accounts are settled, for every four pounds that the club enters, three will be for them and one for the team. To give you an idea last year when the team was in the last position in the LaLiga classification, FC Barcelona and Sevilla bought our two starting forwards, for 38 million euros, investing 0 euros in replacing the two losses

If that's their plan then the joke will be on them. There is no money to be made in English football unless you are in the Prem and if they want to try and play money ball they will have to actually spend some money bringing players in as we haven't got anyone worth anything to sell.

If they plan to take 3 of every 4 quid that comes into the club it will be more like for every 4 quid the club costs to run the club itself will generate 1 and they'll be subsidising the other 3.

Right so they save the club from liquidation create academy to secure our future with young players be it English maybe spanish
Eventually with luck and prudance they get us higher in the English football tier of football
If they do sell players for A profit i will accept that
Whelan did the same or would you prefer where we are now at. Rock bottom feckin clueless heading for oblivion come on Franko let's give them a chance

That's what I was thinking. From where we are now getting youth players for a few seasons and selling them for 40m Vs 2.5m sounds great!

We've also generated interest from other bidders and generally it means they'll keep an eye out.

If that's their plan then the joke will be on them. There is no money to be made in English football unless you are in the Prem and if they want to try and play money ball they will have to actually spend some money bringing players in as we haven't got anyone worth anything to sell.

If they plan to take 3 of every 4 quid that comes into the club it will be more like for every 4 quid the club costs to run the club itself will generate 1 and they'll be subsidising the other 3.
Let's give them a chance before hanging them out to dry
Like I said but for them we would most probably be liquidated nobody else where willing to jump in and help until now

Let's give them a chance before hanging them out to dry
Like I said but for them we would most probably be liquidated nobody else where willing to jump in and help until now

If i remember correctly admin said there was another offer in at the same time presumably from Royle so we'd not have been liquidated I think we'd be going through the same process or maybe even had it over and done with.

It may also be a negotiation around what else the stadium can be used for when it is not hosting a sporting event. Unless I'm mistaken, the Council own the land on which the stadium is built and as such have a big say in what can and cant take place on that land.

I wonder if part of the issues around the deal are getting the rugby back at the Stadium full time.
Their offices are situated at Robin Park and they had a matchday fanzone there before lockdown.
All taking money from the stadium owners.

Personally I'd have thought setting up their own matchday catering service would have been in breach of contract but obviously not.

Anyway getting them back to the stadium with a revised rental agreement and on a fixed term would increase revenue.

I wonder if part of the issues around the deal are getting the rugby back at the Stadium full time.
Their offices are situated at Robin Park and they had a matchday fanzone there before lockdown.
All taking money from the stadium owners.

Personally I'd have thought setting up their own matchday catering service would have been in breach of contract but obviously not.

Anyway getting them back to the stadium with a revised rental agreement and on a fixed term would increase revenue.
Na leave them where they are their doing fine

If i remember correctly admin said there was another offer in at the same time presumably from Royle so we'd not have been liquidated I think we'd be going through the same process or maybe even had it over and done with.
Like I say let's just give the Spanish a chance from what I'm reading you seem to have something against them what if you don't mind me asking is the problem that you don't like about Spanish deal

Well a complete lack of support since it happened may be a clue ?
Again, how do you know this?
Have you been with her and/ or listened to phone calls and zoom meetings etc?
You don't have a clue, so you are only surmising.
Just because she hasn't been posting or shouting about things doesn't mean she hasn't been doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.