NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 171 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't disagree with anyone who says it is the end of October but I think they are getting confused with the statement Krasner made saying that he thought it could be completed by that date. The bidders have paid a deposit for exclusivity, which incidentally no one else did, and I expect that exclusivity will continue until such time as the EFL give their decision.

I wouldn't disagree with anyone who says it is the end of October but I think they are getting confused with the statement Krasner made saying that he thought it could be completed by that date. The bidders have paid a deposit for exclusivity, which incidentally no one else did, and I expect that exclusivity will continue until such time as the EFL give their decision.

Nixon said exclusivity expires at end of October but admin can extend it if it's with the EFL for decision.

Basically no one else will likely get a chance to bid unless EFL reject the Spanish bid.

But from what Nixon says it does sound like the finances are in some way unconvincing to the EFL - which is concerning as either you have the money in an account or you don't. In which case I hope it gets rejected as no way we want to end up back here.

I'm glad the EFL are taking this take over more seriously than they did our last one where Yeung self certified himself on a form and they took his word for it!

Is this not just normal practice though?
The EFL has been looking at the application, the last bit of which they have had for only one week.
They then meet with the parties concerned and then their executive meet to discuss the full findings and only then do they announce their decision.

All this supposition, because that's what it is, about EFL not being happy about funding is just mischief making at this stage.
It may well be that ultimately the EFL will be of that view, but I believe that at this stage everything is as per the process and not known about in such detail before.

Hopefully the EFL are going through this deal with a fine tooth comb, to avoid another Hong Kong fiasco.

While it is frustrating for us fans, to find out the outcome very quickly, it's vital for the EFL and Wigan Athletic's future that another 'balls up' doesn't happen again.

Hopefully the EFL are going through this deal with a fine tooth comb, to avoid another Hong Kong fiasco.

While it is frustrating for us fans, to find out the outcome very quickly, it's vital for the EFL and Wigan Athletic's future that another 'balls up' doesn't happen again.
Agree no matter how frustrating things are but it is also important to us fans not to have bits of news drip fed to us by the media substantiated or unsubstantiated by the use of social media.

Parry wasn't bothered when little old Macc,Bury and possibly us,
where going to the wall,

He started to 'panic' when he realised the 'floodgates' could open and a lot of EFL clubs were facing the same situation.

Rick Parry is powerless:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...r-to-government-we-cant-stop-clubs-going-bust

Parry believes "we are at best being ignored...and at worst being victimised" and says while "Rochdale, Grimsby, Mansfield and Carlisle might seem an awful long way from Glyndebourne or the Royal Ballet, they are nonetheless equally important parts of our nation's heritage".

As if he gives a toss about these clubs.

Rick Parry is powerless:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...r-to-government-we-cant-stop-clubs-going-bust

Parry believes "we are at best being ignored...and at worst being victimised" and says while "Rochdale, Grimsby, Mansfield and Carlisle might seem an awful long way from Glyndebourne or the Royal Ballet, they are nonetheless equally important parts of our nation's heritage".

As if he gives a toss about these clubs.

Exactly what you say Springy....the trough feeding Rick Parry only cares about himself, his gravy train and the soft spot he has for Liverpool. Chairman of a totally inept, out of date & useless body laughably called the EFL...him nor the association he represents are fit for purpose.

I find the sudden change in mood very strange. Only yesterday Paul Kendrick was saying he had proof of the staff salary reductions/redundancy rumours and how worried he was about talk of the academy going and now he's talking about a long term commitment built around the academy from the Spanish bidders. Very odd.

Indeed ....quite odd....and not something PK has since sought to explain either directly or by inference.

Is anyone sufficiently friendly with Barry W to gauge whether he has taken a recent ‘trip to Damascus‘ by a similar route ?

I ask only because when last we heard....his opinion on the current bid had clearly deteriorated from his initial view.

Indeed ....quite odd....and not something PK has since sought to explain either directly or by inference.

Is anyone sufficiently friendly with Barry W to gauge whether he has taken a recent ‘trip to Damascus‘ by a similar route ?

I ask only because when last we heard....his opinion on the current bid had clearly deteriorated from his initial view.

I am friendly with Barry but I'm not sure he wants to say anything at the moment both him and his wife have COVID-19 and I don't want to pester him although last time I spoke last week he was feeling a bit better

In some US sports they have an independent commissioner who's job is to protect the greater good of the sport. The EFL, FA and Premier League clearly can't manage to do that for themselves - i think something like that wouldn't be a bad idea here.

Definitely, something like a football ombudsman is desperately needed in this country.

I am friendly with Barry but I'm not sure he wants to say anything at the moment both him and his wife have COVID-19 and I don't want to pester him although last time I spoke last week he was feeling a bit better

I suspect the SC will hold a similar view and so I expect they will share their concerns with the efl, particularly as there is now Royals consortium waiting in the wings (though the last owner he brought us has led us to this mess)

We do have a minister for Sport and Culture.

Oh, FFS (again) TB ................... you've just made me spill my brew with laughing !

Dowden?! He's a prime example of how this government appoints MPs to cabinet roles - given the chasm of anything resembling talent or competence amongst their numbers, (the dregs of which went either willingly or through spite) it's simply based purely on their ability to be a lickspittle. Unfortunately, Dowden excels at this.

Apologies to all for the brief "off topic" digression ...................... normal service will now be resumed.
;)

In some US sports they have an independent commissioner who's job is to protect the greater good of the sport. The EFL, FA and Premier League clearly can't manage to do that for themselves - i think something like that wouldn't be a bad idea here.

——————————-——————————————————————————

MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL. All have commissioners, these commissioners are appointed and paid by the owners to represent them. They are certainly not independent. That said, it’s to the benefit of all concerned that the integrity of the game is kept intact. I see you point but to find anyone independent about anything in this polarized society we live in today, good luck.

Oh, FFS (again) TB ................... you've just made me spill my brew with laughing !

Dowden?! He's a prime example of how this government appoints MPs to cabinet roles - given the chasm of anything resembling talent or competence amongst their numbers, (the dregs of which went either willingly or through spite) it's simply based purely on their ability to be a lickspittle. Unfortunately, Dowden excels at this.

Apologies to all for the brief "off topic" digression ...................... normal service will now be resumed.
;)
Suppose that isn't too bad though, could have a Racist bigot leading the party or a lawyer who supported that leader. Same lawyer now has
plenty criticism towards the government but no answers.
Alas that's the politics of today though, but there are much more important things to worry about like the survival of WAFC.

Last edited:

;)

Do they play football at Eton? Our ‘sports ministers’ are probably too busy funding dressage and rowing to care about what’s going on at Latics 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.