NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 100 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
CEO MBUZZ SPORTS DIVISION

Martin Copus

Martin is a UK national and graduate of Oxford University, variously working and residing also in Germany, Egypt, Hong Kong, Singapore, the United States and – since 2015 – the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He has been involved in sport and the sports industry for much of his adult life – having played hockey and ridden equestrian to international level, while his wife is also an international hockey player, and his sons have – and are – representing Great Britain in rowing. After a career in advertising and marketing – mostly with global ad agency Leo Burnett – Martin has focused on the sports industry.

He came to KSA to work for Abdul Latif Jameel, and directed not only the company’s title sponsorship of Saudi Pro League football, Dawry Jameel, he also supervised Toyota’s sponsorship of the first Saudi Paralympic Games – the video for which won an esteemed international Clio award. Martin recently joined MBUZZ as Chief Executive of its sports diversification business MBUZZ𝘚𝘗𝘖𝘙𝘛 LLC. As such, he represents the company’s investment in English National League club Sutton United as Board Director, while he also finds time for advisory roles with Saudi Cricket and the new Saudi Rowing Federation.b

Had difficulty accessing their sports website Mbuzzsport.com via phone, but works properly on computer it seems.

These seem to be the key figures - as Zakky pointed out, Copus is a director at National League side Sutton United.

And Al-Shammari seems to be the money man behind Mbuzz and their various branches. Having a picture of David Perkins and The Tics in the background from when they sponsored the shirt in the FA Cup against Man U in 2017 is worth a few brownie points!!

DC2B643C-7674-41B3-87CF-3D83AC88BD03.jpeg

Last edited:
They also sponsored Sheffield United’s shirt when they were a League One club in the 2014 FA Cup semi-final against Hull City.

3A8F1D7A-3342-44F9-AF3F-D7C9D6A5B4F6.jpeg

Where do you buy a shirt from at the moment ?.. the DW shop in town is boarded up and the ground shop can't be open , can it ?

Kits are nice but this logo will make it unbuyable. I mean, can you imagine the sideways looks on Benidorm sea-front. Oh the shame :mad:

Time for the American/French bid to step up now, talk to the SC, and get this done now. They seem from the outside to have more football knowledge. Last thing we need are more chancers in it for all the wrong reasons.

Time for the American/French bid to step up now, talk to the SC, and get this done now. They seem from the outside to have more football knowledge. Last thing we need are more chancers in it for all the wrong reasons.

Sorry, nothing to do with Latics, but I can't identify the car in your profile. Triumph? Austin? Not sure at all 😕

Interesting that you label the new bidders as "chancers" hindley ..................... at least, I presume that's what you were saying.

The Americans seem to have played out their bidding story though the press. Not sure if that was overly professional.

We're not really sure of the intentions of the Americans ........... and though we presume it's them with whom the SC have met, we don't really know much about them.

The middle east group?................... well if they've offered more, then they're at least not taking the piss (from the view of the Admins).

Not really sure we can label people who are preferred to put money up to buy the club "chancers" at this stage. ......................... we're in no position to be choosers !

Oh.....Notts, the car is (I think) a Triumph Herald.

Edit ...... sorry hindley, your response must have gone in whilst I was typing. My Uncle (Brian) had one too. :hmmm:

Interesting that you label the new bidders as "chancers" hindley ..................... at least, I presume that's what you were saying.

The Americans seem to have played out their bidding story though the press. Not sure if that was overly professional.

We're not really sure of the intentions of the Americans ........... and though we presume it's them with whom the SC have met, we don't really know much about them.

The middle east group?................... well if they've offered more, then they're at least not taking the piss (from the view of the Admins).

Not really sure we can label people who are preferred to put money up to buy the club "chancers" at this stage. ......................... we're in no position to be choosers !

Oh.....Notts, the car is (I think) a Triumph Herald.

Edit ...... sorry hindley, your response must have gone in whilst I was typing. My Uncle (Brian) had one too. :hmmm:

They dont seem like football people though mate...maybe wrong but we can't afford another mistake.

Regarding the car...I'm determined to get a fully restored Herald at some stage. I want a classic car, that's the easy part, convincing wife is the stumbling block.

They dont seem like football people though mate...maybe wrong but we can't afford another mistake.

Regarding the car...I'm determined to get a fully restored Herald at some stage. I want a classic car, that's the easy part, convincing wife is the stumbling block.

That's a hell of a judgement to make from the info available hindley.

Any road, twitter has unearthed new information .................... the company is apparently MBus ...................... but people have been writing it with a Wigan accent.

:whist:

These seem to be the key figures - as Zakky pointed out, Copus is a director at National League side Sutton United.

I assume this is they bidder that Krasner said he travelled down South to meet last week.

To be fair, neither are the Americans. Ganaye might be, but he’s also not going to be the one making final decisions. And I’ve become a little more unsure about them after the Leigh debacle even if it was only a power play.

From doing some more research this morning, Youssef Abdellaoui’s son is a pro footballer, and Mbuzz Sport also run a player agency according to this interview with Martin Copus from earlier this year.

https://ashsportstalk.org/2020/06/2...-with-saudi-sports-professional-martin-copus/

https://www.suttonunited.net/amber-lane-meets-martin-copus/

Link to an article posted by a local Journo. In the interview he says he was born in Sutton but was brought up in Manchester and followed Altrincham as a young lad.
From what I can see about MBuzz they seem to want to get involved with lower league teams to gain exposure as they have in Spain. He also says that the son of the company's owner is a player in that team.

As far as football experience goes, it's limited, but it is there.

TBH mate the more I read about Copus the more I see him as a "football man".

Supported Altrincham as youth and now involved at grass roots level with Sutton Utd, a club with a history similar to ours in non league terms, very successful in terms of the league they are in, some interesting cup scalps over the years, trying for many tears to achieve EFL status.

It looks to me, albeit from the outside, that these bidders have realistic ambitions, Copus will know the pitfalls from his involvement with Sutton and will ground them. He will no doubt be aware of the situation with lower division budgets and club profitability and will have advised the Saudi guys appropriately.

They also have "history" with the club in that they were shirt sponsors in the recent past and through that would have had connection with Jackson from the club side.

In my opinion they are more than likely to have been the bidders in contact with the SC, through Jackson, than Ganaye. I could be wrong but there is certainly a connection there. Also given Martin Copus's connection with Sutton in the non league world it would not surprise me if they were open to supporters involvement as there is far more of that at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.