NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 512 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post. But they are buying us when we are rock bottom. Surely they know what they are buying. As I never thought the Chinese did.

Besides our ex FD, it seems they have a really decent team behind them. I reckon they know exactly what they're getting, ..... and they should be very, very happy about it.

Hell, they could recover their bloody purchase cost within a few months with Kyle Joseph.

Besides our ex FD, it seems they have a really decent team behind them. I reckon they know exactly what they're getting, ..... and they should be very, very happy about it.

Hell, they could recover their bloody purchase cost within a few months with Kyle Joseph.
Correct - then again so could our previous owners if they'd waited 5 weeks and taken no notice of Begbies 🙄

Correct - then again so could our previous owners if they'd waited 5 weeks and taken no notice of Begbies 🙄
I still maintain that our previous owners couldn't simply have been that thick. There had to be something else going on.

Hell, any businessman looking at the value of the company "assets" (players) could easily see that there was money to be made.

I still maintain that our previous owners couldn't simply have been that thick. There had to be something else going on.

Hell, any businessman looking at the value of the company "assets" (players) could easily see that there was money to be made.

Would things have turned out any different if Choi's transfer of ownership to Au Yeung had happened during a transfer window?
Like you said giving him a chance to make some money?

Would things have turned out any different if Choi's transfer of ownership to Au Yeung had happened during a transfer window?
Like you said giving him a chance to make some money?

I doubt it. It seemed like Au Yeung was simply a patsy. He was never going to take us over and run us. That sale was simply a constituent part of whatever "the plan" was.

What a shit plan though !

Just done my detective work, this is what I have.

The big red flag for me as that it appears a similar set up to Choi's ownership in that one man owns the club but isn't directly involved with the club's running himself. This worries me as we need an owner with a genuine affection for the club. What's to stop this Al Rahman from pulling his funding and ditching us in two years? Also I haven't been able to find out his personal net worth, so I have no idea how much cash he has to fund us long term or to invest in the club. It is absolutely vital that we hear from this man personally when this takeover is complete, regardless of him not being involved in running the club. As a fanbase we should have smelled a rat regarding Choi long ago, him never once speaking to us, never even attending a match. We were too trusting and can't let that happen again.

Now the green flag. The British team put together looks very good with all bases covered. Brannigan will be chief executive and that Markham looks ideal for a director of football type role with his stats/analytics expertise. Surely these people wouldn't link up with Al Rahmann if he wasn't a serious operator! I just don't want to us get in a situation down the line where the British group get left high and dry by Al Rahman like Choi did with Royle/Jackson.

We'll won't know until it's too late, I just pray with every fibre of my being that we have people with a clear plan of how to take this club forward on and off the pitch, with funds to keep the club stable financially long term but also to invest in us off the pitch to improve the football operation from academy up to first team. Finally that we have people that are committed, fighters and aren't willing to dump this club on it's arse if things don't go the way they want after two-three years of ownership.

I to have a few reservations about the takeover.
Mainly the amount of people coming on board.
Like you say the British team look good and should improve our player scouting. I'm sure I read one of them is a business expert looking to improve the Stadium usage and bring money in.
But will the money go towards team building and not someone's pocket?

Once bitten and twice shy and all that.

Perhaps we will never know the truth behind what happened. It would have been scoffed at in an Emmerdale storyline.

The big red flag for me as that it appears a similar set up to Choi's ownership in that one man owns the club but isn't directly involved with the club's running himself. This worries me as we need an owner with a genuine affection for the club. What's to stop this Al Rahman from pulling his funding and ditching us in two years? Also I haven't been able to find out his personal net worth, so I have no idea how much cash he has to fund us long term or to invest in the club. It is absolutely vital that we hear from this man personally when this takeover is complete, regardless of him not being involved in running the club. As a fanbase we should have smelled a rat regarding Choi long ago, him never once speaking to us, never even attending a match. We were too trusting and can't let that happen again.

Now the green flag. The British team put together looks very good with all bases covered. Brannigan will be chief executive and that Markham looks ideal for a director of football type role with his stats/analytics expertise. Surely these people wouldn't link up with Al Rahmann if he wasn't a serious operator! I just don't want to us get in a situation down the line where the British group get left high and dry by Al Rahman like Choi did with Royle/Jackson.

We'll won't know until it's too late, I just pray with every fibre of my being that we have people with a clear plan of how to take this club forward on and off the pitch, with funds to keep the club stable financially long term but also to invest in us off the pitch to improve the football operation from academy up to first team. Finally that we have people that are committed, fighters and aren't willing to dump this club on it's arse if things don't go the way they want after two-three years of ownership.

The flip side of course is that we're going to be owned by an individual, rather than a company - so no having to please boards of directors and shareholders like with IEC, which was a primary reason for Choi dumping us when they turned on him. We're more secure with an owner that sees us as a passion project (see Whelan) than we are in the hands of a company (provided the individual has enough money to not need a constant revenue stream, and Al-Jasmi definitely does), whose commitment depends on stock-market projections and what stakeholders have to say.

Al-Jasmi is definitely very wealthy and has links to serious money, it's just a case of how much he's willing to spend and how much of the funds will actually be coming from him rather than the chairman Al Hammad. Nixon says Al-Jasmi has 'significant interest' which is good to hear. That they've been in since the start, and that one of them flew in to meet Krasner in London back in September is promising too.

Last edited:
I doubt it. It seemed like Au Yeung was simply a patsy. He was never going to take us over and run us. That sale was simply a constituent part of whatever "the plan" was.

What a shit plan though !

My take on "the plan" is simply Choi lost us to Au Yeung in a game of cards.
Obviously we know Choi is a gambler and I reckon Au Yeung one of his lackies.
Au Yeung had the better hand and Choi gambled us on the turn of said hand.

Afterwards Au Yeung with no money to fund us looked to get rid ASAP.

But will the money go towards team building and not someone's pocket?

Once bitten and twice shy and all that.
Some would argue our 3 previous owners took that approach 😉
Thing is if we are able to produce more academy output and buy / sell on the likes of Jedi. It would be more than enough income to run the club, invest to deliver the next level and send a wedge back to Bahrain as well.

You don't own a house on Buckingham Gate if you are not loaded. Proper loaded.

I disagree. Choi didn't have a scooby about football. He was losing millions every month and clearly just wanted out at all costs. He didn't think about anything else, only getting out ASAP.

Be buttons for a Joseph. Tribunal set for training time. Never go for that much

The flip side of course is that we're going to be owned by an individual, rather than a company - so no having to please boards of directors and shareholders like with IEC, which was a primary reason for Choi dumping us when they turned on him. We're more secure with an owner that sees us as a passion project (see Whelan) than we are in the hands of a company (provided the individual has enough money to not need a constant revenue stream, and Al-Jasmi definitely does), whose commitment depends on stock-market projections and what stakeholders have to say.

Al-Jasmi is definitely very wealthy and has links to serious money, it's just a case of how much he's willing to spend and how much of the funds will actually be coming from him rather than the chairman Al Hammad. Nixon says Al-Jasmi has 'significant interest' which is good to hear. That they've been in since the start, and that one of them flew in to meet Krasner in London back in September is promising too.
I found very little on Al Hammad, which makes me think he isn't putting any money in, he's just a friend/associate of Al-Jasmi who wants to employ him as chairman.

I disagree. Choi didn't have a scooby about football. He was losing millions every month and clearly just wanted out at all costs. He didn't think about anything else, only getting out ASAP.

Fine. No problem with you disagreeing.

As it happens, Choi didn't lose out, given that he was (theoretically at least) paid by Au Yeung. Now, for Au Yeung, it's a different matter. He'll see nothing back. If he'd held on for just a few more weeks, he could have sold Robinson, Moore, Kipre, Morsy, Byrne, Williams, Lowe, Dunkley, Jacobs, Marshall, Gelhardt, Weir, Devine, (did I miss anyone?), and got a little more than the tuppence ha'penny that we actually did.

Status
Not open for further replies.