NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 512 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Football Hero
These Barhainis looking completely unreliable now. If they were serious they'd be closing the deal. Either theyve wasted everyones time or they've been spooked by something - Yeungs loan? Admin charging extra fees? Would they really spend all this time if they werent serious?

If they bid for us in January thinking they'd get a L1 club then they were football iliterate - any bidder with half a brain could see L2 was the most likely outcome - so if L2 is suddenly an issue they are a liability. This also is the second time they got cold feet apparently.

It seems every time a deal in on the cards something at the last second screws it up Ganaye, the Spanish and the Bahranis (apparently twice). Once is unfortunate, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern - with admin being the consistent. The nature of admin with all of their NDAs means there is very little transparency but at this point the job they've done has been nothing short of horendous and has probably contributed to the disaster we find ourselves in as much as Choi and Yeung at this point. The unproffesionalism, the shocking comms, the changing stories and inability to close the deal when it appears there to be done.

None of us are sure what exactly has gone on but there seems something off.

jocklatic

Vital Squad Member
Hold on. Initially, you didn't mention anything about info coming from within the club. That only came up later on. You didn't share anything last night except an opinion.

I never suggested that your source was twitter .........not even sure why you would say that. All I said was that initially, you were agreeing with rumour (implying it was on social meeja).

If the Bahraini's have walked, then fair enough. Thank you for saying so.
Can I just say n tell me to bugger off by all means if u want, but why not just let this one go. Treat it like a fishing trip n you've got a sumat on your rod which you've been angling with for a while but it eventually snaps your line....you'd like to recast but it's going dark, all ur tinnies have gone, as has ur last butty, plus ur other half put a warm hearty stew in slow cooker ready for ur return....so you decide not to recast, pack up all your gear n head home thinking wasn't too bad a trip n glad the fish got away for another day 😉😉.....:fish:

P.S......not having a dig at Hampton here btw....just saying should drop it.

springy-park

Vital Squad Member
Administrator Paul Stanley admits the trail towards finding a new owner for Wigan Athletic has ‘just gone very, very cold’.

How many times have we heard this?

“Anyone who’s got £7million to their name, who can prove they have the funds, can pick up the phone to me and we’ll have a chat''.

This does not give any confidence, that we are about to be bought,

We keep hearing a deal is nearly 'done and dusted', then the buyer,
does a runner, faster the Usain Bolt.

Wlatic

Vital Reserves Team
Administrator Paul Stanley admits the trail towards finding a new owner for Wigan Athletic has ‘just gone very, very cold’.

How many times have we heard this?

“Anyone who’s got £7million to their name, who can prove they have the funds, can pick up the phone to me and we’ll have a chat''.

This does not give any confidence, that we are about to be bought,

We keep hearing a deal is nearly 'done and dusted', then the buyer,
does a runner, faster the Usain Bolt.
There is a process for the creditors requesting a new administration based on failures / bad process, however we are stuck because Au Yeung and his reps are controlling what passes and for some reason they are happy with the fees and work that's being done.

For me we are seeing the main problem with government vs private.

Generally failure in the private sector results in money being lost.
Generally failure in the government sector / on behalf of government (representatives of the court) results in more money being given.

Tree and Crown

Vital Reserves Team
Hold on. Initially, you didn't mention anything about info coming from within the club. That only came up later on. You didn't share anything last night except an opinion.

I never suggested that your source was twitter .........not even sure why you would say that. All I said was that initially, you were agreeing with rumour (implying it was on social meeja).

If the Bahraini's have walked, then fair enough. Thank you for saying so.
It looks like you've had your arse kicked Moonay, Hampton had it right all along, never mind you win some you lose some.

Supporters club should tell Begbies stick it up their arse we are going it alone. Hold fans event ASAP, take 800k and build phoenix club with new donations. Rugby will have no choice but let us play on ground for reasonable rent and we will start afresh at only a slightly lower level that will allow us to build momentum as we go through non Leagues which we would all love. Had enough of this utter shite week in, week out. Just feels like it needs putting down now. Let Krasner tell Yeung he couldn't get owt back. Clubs fucked. Move on.

Wlatic

Vital Reserves Team
One thing everyone can do here is if they have any money inside the club (credit balance on ticket accounts, refund owed etc.) register as a creditor.

If nothing else the more they deal with people the more they show they are inept and there is probably going to be a time where legal action is needed and that likely can only happen from a large group of creditors.

The admin have a disregard and a lack of understand of the law, yet will try and use the law to hide behind. My personal experience is a senior director released my personal information + financial information to the supporters club, without permission and completely outside their privacy policy / any contracts I've been party to, and was unable to understand why that was legally wrong! Resulted in a formal complaint being lodged (they have 30 days to reply) and should I not get resolution it goes over to the ICO.

Made in Wigan

Vital Football Hero
Catching up on the latest news/speculation depending on ones point of view.

Taking emotion out of it (difficult I know) but Nixon hasn’t said the Bahrainis have walked - and he’s been reliable(ish) so far. They haven’t completed so I understand how rumour could start they’ve dropped out. However from their perspective why be in a rush to finalise a deal? As soon as they do it they are responsible for costs. There’s nothing really they can do to alter the course of the season as we can’t buy or loan players, and a change of manager won’t make a jot of difference. I don’t buy the rumour they are concerned about relegation as there is little difference between the leagues from a revenue perspective.

Stanley is full of shit and I don’t believe a word that spills from his mouth. I suspect he’s panicking because the Bahrainis has them by the balls and are in control of the process.

Perhaps I’m being optimistic and don’t want to acknowledge the fact they’ve dropped out. So I maybe wrong, but unless we hear formally they’ve joined the numerous others who Begbies have failed to agree a deal with then there’s still hope.

jocklatic

Vital Squad Member
Supporters club should tell Begbies stick it up their arse we are going it alone. Hold fans event ASAP, take 800k and build phoenix club with new donations. Rugby will have no choice but let us play on ground for reasonable rent and we will start afresh at only a slightly lower level that will allow us to build momentum as we go through non Leagues which we would all love. Had enough of this utter shite week in, week out. Just feels like it needs putting down now. Let Krasner tell Yeung he couldn't get owt back. Clubs fucked. Move on.
Say the SC tell Begbies to 'stick it up their arse' n we as SC / Supporters take over the club this imo doesn't affect Begbies....they've already ring fenced their fees, profit, bonus etc, so all that happens is we're left with a club that's going nowhere but liquidation...whereas with these horrible leeches still at the helm we have a slight chance of a buyer. We imo are a little club who were ripe for exploitation by Hong Kong shister gamblers & dodgy Administrators who have sold us down the river where those f@ckwits in the EFL have stood by and done absolutely bugger all to help us.

Say the SC tell Begbies to 'stick it up their arse' n we as SC / Supporters take over the club this imo doesn't affect Begbies....they've already ring fenced their fees, profit, bonus etc, so all that happens is we're left with a club that's going nowhere but liquidation...whereas with these horrible leeches still at the helm we have a slight chance of a buyer. We imo are a little club who were ripe for exploitation by Hong Kong shister gamblers & dodgy Administrators who have sold us down the river where those f@ckwits in the EFL have stood by and done absolutely bugger all to help us.
How the fuck did Whelan think it a good idea to sell the love of his life to a Hong Kong poker player?

C_Latic

Vital Squad Member
I donated my money to the SC with the intention of saving Wigan Athletic, not starting a phoenix club. I'll be getting my money back if that happens.

jocklatic

Vital Squad Member
I donated my money to the SC with the intention of saving Wigan Athletic, not starting a phoenix club. I'll be getting my money back if that happens.
Erm mibee they're both in the same....Wigan Athletic go bump....the SC/ Plan B / Holocaust part Z....we become Wigan Athletic in the Northern Premier...
BTW C.Latic I also donated but won't be asking for my money back if we do become a phoenix club....once a Tic, always a Tic, despite being a foreigner of sorts in this part of the world ( Ashton) - 34 years n counting if that helps !!!

Bickymon1

Vital Reserves Team
Guess like the rest of us DW didn't know Yeung was going to be an absolute c@nt , he'd f@ck us over & put us in an absolute sh@t storm of administration.....oh how I'd be over joyed if karma did exist...🤔
7m but the whelan family have not come and saved us knowing they sold us to these scum
7m is peanuts to them and would keep us going for two years untill a decent owner is found
Now i know big dave is not what he used to be upstairs
But im sure young sharpie could have got the 7m to save our club after all wasn't he a latics fan
How strange this family have just vanished of the radar and all it needs from them is 7m to save us
I remember whelan saying how he left us in safe hands yea right

7m but the whelan family have not come and saved us knowing they sold us to these scum
7m is peanuts to them and would keep us going for two years untill a decent owner is found
But im sure young sharpie could have got the 7m to save our club after all wasn't he a latics fan
How strange this family have just vanished of the radar and all it needs from them is 7m to save us
He can't.
He's the CEO at Mansfield Town, you know "Conflict of Interest" and all that...

jeffs right

Vital 1st Team Regular
I love the things Dave brought us but miss some of the things that were there before him but I cannot help thinking the same as you Bicky.
Not even a word since the first day we went into admin. It's uncanny.

Status
Not open for further replies.