NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 508 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does all the money go to Wigan Athletic on goods bought in the Club Store,
or does the Admins get their sticky fingers on the money i pay?

That was the plan, to build pitches around the soccer dome on the land at the back and side of it. One was supposed to be a 4G floodlit one I think. I'm sure the plans are probably rotting away somewhere on the council site. Not academy related but regarding the stadium, there were also the plans on the council site for that big new fans bar under the East Stand with space for food kiosks as well. Basically somewhere that we could all go pre/post match and if we were to ever have concerts at the ground.

I remember about the plans for the East Stand but i'm sure i read somewhere that the ends of the stadium had to be filled in before it could hold concerts.
Something to do with keeping the noise down as its near a residential area.

I remember about the plans for the East Stand but i'm sure i read somewhere that the ends of the stadium had to be filled in before it could hold concerts.

I don't think the folk of Norley Hall or Marsh Green would complain too much about a concert....there's usually a pantomime on every street most nights.

After I'd read your post above, the next post was from Lazysid whose posted what LR said n seems they actually DID get a lift from the recent takeover news....just shows we don't know what goes on behind closed doors with the players, staff etc & how it affects them....🤔

Just read it Jock, I take my assertion back and acknowledge C_Latic may have indeed hit the nail firmly on the head. I'm not one for doggedly defending an opinion and am happy to acknowledge when I'm wrong and in this case it appears I was (although still glad we got MK this week).

In the early days of admin, didn't the supporters club encourage people to buy stuff from the club shop coz it was one of the only sources of income and went directly into the coffers of the club rather than the administrators?

JJ said on one of Jay's podcast that the only sources of revenue for the club were match day passes and merchandise sold in the shop and he encouraged everyone to buy the streams and buy the merch, hence a lot of my Christmas presents to nephews / nieces this year having a "Latics" related theme :-)

Just read it Jock, I take my assertion back and acknowledge C_Latic may have indeed hit the nail firmly on the head. I'm not one for doggedly defending an opinion and am happy to acknowledge when I'm wrong and in this case it appears I was (although still glad we got MK this week).

Fair play Arthur in holding ur hands up.....wasn't meaning in my previous post that you were negative more so that your normally up beat & can see a positive when some see negatives. Just shows that we don't have a scobby at times wots going on at the club or the feelings sentiments of players. Added to that maybe we don't realise when we ate being critical of club / players / coaching staff etc that it does get back to them....
Note to self (me).....try to be less critical 🤔😉

That's right - however as the admins are running the club any revenue comes under their control
But seeing as they themselves see no financial benefit from.this, I don't know why you'd blur the answer Springy was looking for.

Bongsmon and Arthur are right Springy. Buy with a clear conscience.

Last edited:
Without wishing to intervene, I think they said they wouldn’t profit Moonay. However I wouldn’t trust these duplicitous parasites as far as I could throw them. They are masters of obfuscation - to put it politely - and have undoubtedly mismanaged this administration. Whether or not they have benefited from merchandise sales, or Latics tv revenue I’ve no idea, but I certainly won’t be taking their word as gospel they haven’t.

I’ll be making some purchases myself once they’ve left so I know that will be going into the clubs coffers not Stanley’s holiday fund. I have to say I feel a cloud has been lifted this morning and that we are close to knowing we’ll have a club to go back to watching in August, no matter what the division.

Unless they're somehow going to fiddle the books to divert shop income into an area where they can get hold of it (and I can't even begin to think how that would work) it's simply scare-mongering.

As both Arthur and Bongsmon have said, the advice that the income goes straight to the club came from JJ & the SC.

I fully agree that the way they've handled our sale has been, at times, appalling, but let's be sensible. Accusing them of a lack of professionalism is one thing. Accusing them of financial impropriety is something completely different.

Rumour mal brannighan could be new chairman if Bahrain group successful
Former Sheffield utd and derby exec
Also I think he had a club up in Scotland but not sure

I know you didn't accuse them of it, but as that's what it would take for them to reap any benefit, I thought I'd say it ....... just to show how ridiculous it sounds.

I'm not criticising anyone for doing as they see fit .... just wanted to make sure we weren't spreading disinformation.

Accusing them of financial impropriety is something completely different.
So authorising firesale player values, giving away our academy talent, grabbing sell on fees for themselves and selling Euxton at a value which conveniently just covered their initial fees isn't exactly that ?🤔
Even if they do not make a penny from club shop sales they control that incoming revenue and what it's then spent on.
Not for me until the bloodsuckers have left the building.

Stadiums look a lot better fully enclosed,
rather than openened corners like the DW Stadium.

So authorising firesale player values, giving away our academy talent, grabbing sell on fees for themselves and selling Euxton at a value which conveniently just covered their initial fees isn't exactly that ?🤔
Even if they do not make a penny from club shop sales they control that incoming revenue and what it's then spent on.
Not for me until the bloodsuckers have left the building.

Let's not mix up the two things Hampton. As I've just replied to MiW, you're entitled to do as you feel. However, your response to Springy (at the very least) suggested that they'd be creaming off some of the revenue.

As for how it''s spent, let's face it, it can only be spent on the running of the club. Not them. Not their expenses. The club.

Let's not mix up the two things Hampton. As I've just replied to MiW, you're entitled to do as you feel. However, your response to Springy (at the very least) suggested that they'd be creaming off some of the revenue.

As for how it''s spent, let's face it, it can only be spent on the running of the club. Not them. Not their expenses. The club.
It's all the same thing though isn't it !
It's all under the juristriction of the admins
The club wouldn't be scrabbling for money if these feckers had got anywhere near market value for anything.
Not suggesting they are creaming anything off at all - they've done that elsewhere as above.
It's a statement of fact that the day to day running of cash into and out of the club rests with Stanley, the MiA Krasner (though sure he's still billing) and the other non descript muppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.