NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 507 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest, what was Stanley's reply when asked about the "Trail gone cold" bullshit?

I'm not sure if that was mentioned specifically ........ more of a general challenge I believe.

Do us a favour please mate, and edit your post above to remove the name. I've already PM'd LMB to do the same.

No point posting names on a public forum.

Ta

It was known about on Wednesday, the meeting some fans had with Stanley yesterday organised by PAUL KENDRICK was to confirm the progress, but the minor issues had not been sorted so nothing was announced.
So news coming out earlier of the trail going very cold was just utter shite of the admin. Are they on drugs? Hopefully this is the one.

Well that result makes you feel better doesn’t it.....I hope the Baihrainis are pleased with that ......lets get the deal sorted,a bit of stability and let’s move up this league!

Let’s not forget. They have not signed anything. This deal need to be sorted first thing Monday morning. Let’s not let these lot put another spanner in the works.

Don't worry John the Admins have milked the club dry (reached their ceiling) as they call it, the club will be sold soon, no more money to be had anymore.

Think about it!

Result today was one of a team that has either had some good news very recently or of one who all follow Alan Nixon on Twitter!

Have to say that the result today IMO was based entirely on who we were playing and nothing to do with off field matters. MK got almost everything wrong that can be got wrong on a football pitch and for once we were the on the receiving end of the good luck. I honestly don't think we played well today, but their tactics were just plain kamikaze and we were the lucky beneficiary' s(finally). If they play like that for the rest of the season they'll be down there with the likes of Wigan come May.

Have to say that the result today IMO was based entirely on who we were playing and nothing to do with off field matters. MK got almost everything wrong that can be got wrong on a football pitch and for once we were the on the receiving end of the good luck. I honestly don't think we played well today, but their tactics were just plain kamikaze and we were the lucky beneficiary' s(finally). If they play like that for the rest of the season they'll be down there with the likes of Wigan come May.

Aye. Bloody rubbish wigan. 😂😂

Your normally more upbeat than that Arthur_Itis n usually telling folks to be positive....tho you may well have a point bout us not playing so well but if it gives the players & the coaching staff a confidence boost them they can carry on playing like that so long as we get the 3 points every time 😉🍺

Your normally more upbeat than that Arthur_Itis n usually telling folks to be positive....tho you may well have a point bout us not playing so well but if it gives the players & the coaching staff a confidence boost them they can carry on playing like that so long as we get the 3 points every time 😉🍺

Jock, I wasn't being overly negative (maybe a tad), but I was responding specifically to C_Latics suggestion that today's result was linked to off field matters. I don't believe it was, I think is was just lucky that we happened to be playing MK this weekend. I think we've played far better this season and lost, today we put in an (IMO) overall average performance with the occasional periods of decent play, punctuated by long spells of sitting off and playing too deep, but whereas previously this would have cost us, today we got away with it because of the way MK played. If we'd played the same game last week, we'd have got the same result IMO. Not being critical of the team, you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that comfortably I just don't agree it was anything to do with off field matters.

Richardson: “We heard about the reports on the takeover earlier this morning and the news filters through to the dressing room and stadium and gives everyone a lift. We have been enduring this challenge for eight or nine months and it has been a tough and thankless task. Hopefully now there are rays of light because this is a fantastic football club with some fantastic people working in it and whoever buys it has a fantastic fanbase to push forwards.”

Jock, I wasn't being overly negative (maybe a tad), but I was responding specifically to C_Latics suggestion that today's result was linked to off field matters. I don't believe it was, I think is was just lucky that we happened to be playing MK this weekend. I think we've played far better this season and lost, today we put in an (IMO) overall average performance with the occasional periods of decent play, punctuated by long spells of sitting off and playing too deep, but whereas previously this would have cost us, today we got away with it because of the way MK played. If we'd played the same game last week, we'd have got the same result IMO. Not being critical of the team, you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that comfortably I just don't agree it was anything to do with off field matters.

After I'd read your post above, the next post was from Lazysid whose posted what LR said n seems they actually DID get a lift from the recent takeover news....just shows we don't know what goes on behind closed doors with the players, staff etc & how it affects them....🤔

It really frustrates me not knowing the exact personel involved in each bid. Because I can’t judge which one would be the best for the club as a result until it’s too late.

Of the alleged three parties still in the game, I would want the one willing to put the most money into the club off the pitch, specifically the academy, whether that be through hiring staff/coaches and/or building new infrastructure for the club, especially since we’ve lost Euxton. The best chance this club has of making any serious money going forward is through that academy producing sellable assets, so if any new owners invests serious money into it, I guarantee that Gregor Rioch will ensure they see a big return on their investment down the line.

I agree we need to get things right off the pitch to help matters on it. Also someone who can make money from the stadium or at least not lose as much.

I don't know if i've missed something but didn't Choi do some investing in the soccerdome or the land round it? To turn it into a base for the academy.
But nothing has been mentioned about it during admin.

Daft isn't it but if new owners played their cards right then individual players such as young Robinson or Joseph each could be worth more than the £3 million they get the whole collection for.

I agree we need to get things right off the pitch to help matters on it. Also someone who can make money from the stadium or at least not lose as much.

I don't know if i've missed something but didn't Choi do some investing in the soccerdome or the land round it? To turn it into a base for the academy.
But nothing has been mentioned about it during admin.
That was the plan, to build pitches around the soccer dome on the land at the back and side of it. One was supposed to be a 4G floodlit one I think. I'm sure the plans are probably rotting away somewhere on the council site. Not academy related but regarding the stadium, there were also the plans on the council site for that big new fans bar under the East Stand with space for food kiosks as well. Basically somewhere that we could all go pre/post match and if we were to ever have concerts at the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.