NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 485 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely hope this was not a recent conversation she's been the towns MP for over 10 years....! If she wasn't aware of the mutual dislike between Tics and Klumps that's shocking. Begs the question what other well known local issues is she unaware of.
Why would anyone outside direct supporters know about it, you only read what you wNt to as well, as I said the majority of people in this town have no sporting allegiance and many of those that do don't give a fig about a pathetic feud, Lisa Nandy is not a sorts fan and only been to odd games of either code, why should she be bothered about pettiness.

Why would anyone outside direct supporters know about it, you only read what you wNt to as well, as I said the majority of people in this town have no sporting allegiance and many of those that do don't give a fig about a pathetic feud, Lisa Nandy is not a sorts fan and only been to odd games of either code, why should she be bothered about pettiness.
Some of your words are cryptic today lmb

I hope your are right, I think most of the fan base are at the end of their tether with this now. The hull result the other week was lowest I had felt through out all this. Since then I have felt a bit more upbeat so I am hoping that was rock bottom.
Better strap yourself in this afternoon then GG 😉 - could be another tatering today 🙈

I did once get dragged onto a bus to Makerfield with some "big lads" to sort out the "Ashton Baddies" who actually turned out to be "Asgton Runners" - hilarious looking back, terrified at the time 😂
I knew some of those Ashton baddies worked with them
Their older brothers where Latics fans like I said crofters mob
Couldn't understand the rivalry between them in Wigan and Ashton baddies

I knew some of those Ashton baddies worked with them
Their older brothers where Latics fans like I said crofters mob
Couldn't understand the rivalry between them in Wigan and Ashton baddies
Neither could I but that bus journey seems like yesterday - was only minding my own business walking through town and got press ganged as a mate of mine was a younger brother of the wigan mob led by a lad called Cammy. It was a real lose lose moment 🤣

Neither could I but that bus journey seems like yesterday - was only minding my own business walking through town and got press ganged as a mate of mine was a younger brother of the wigan mob led by a lad called Cammy. It was a real lose lose moment 🤣
Used to be two cammys young cammy and one my age
Was probably young cammy now living abroad last I heard if I'm right
Older cammy good friend and a true blue

Let's be generous and say both clubs have 10k core supporters - whether they agree with the dislike between the clubs or not the vast majority of those 20k will be aware of the mutual dislike / piss taking / call it what you like.
So that's over 25% of Lisa's constituents - she should absolutely be aware of it sports fan or not 🤔
Ps - re the "only read what you want" comment - take a long look in the mirror pal 😘

Apparently my argument falls over as most Worriers aren't Nandy's constituents at all 🤣

Used to be two cammys young cammy and one my age
Was probably young cammy now living abroad last I heard if I'm right
Older cammy good friend and a true blue
The mob I got roped on with - Think the Cammy in question was called James not sure if that's the old or young or maybe another one ?

Let's be generous and say both clubs have 10k core supporters - whether they agree with the dislike between the clubs or not the vast majority of those 20k will be aware of the mutual dislike / piss taking / call it what you like.
So that's over 25% of Lisa's constituents - she should absolutely be aware of it sports fan or not 🤔
Ps - re the "only read what you want" comment - take a long look in the mirror pal 😘

Apparently my argument falls over as most Worriers aren't Nandy's constituents at all 🤣
There are two constituencies in Wigan, so that halves your assumption for a start.

There are two constituencies in Wigan, so that halves your assumption for a start.
Fair point - let's knock Lisa constituents involved level to 12.5% - if a group of folk at that level - let's say - LGBT or BAME had grievances would she be aware of them ?
I think so !
Arguement still stands - Nandy, as Burnham are extremely skilled at playing the game of politicos (of all colours btw) - appear informed and caring whilst being anything but with the background and history.
It's impressive in it's the own right, mercenary but impressive.
Meanwhile the gullible applaud whilst being kept in the dark - you keep clapping if you wish !

Fair point - let's knock Lisa constituents involved level to 12.5% - if a group of folk at that level - let's say - LGBT or BAME had grievances would she be aware of them ?
I think so !
Arguement still stands - Nandy, as Burnham are extremely skilled at playing the game of politicos (of all colours btw) - appear informed and caring whilst being anything but with the background and history.
It's impressive in it's the own right, mercenary but impressive.
Meanwhile the gullible applaud whilst being kept in the dark - you keep clapping if you wish !

What grievance does any latics or rugby fan have ? They have a petty feud based on comments from one man.
What are your thoughts on all the other MP's that represent parts of this Borough who have said or done nothing for our cause, and what would your or bickies position be if the MP had done nothing.

So come on what are my views, and mote so the ones you worry about.

If I understand your question correctly and in response I was concerned that she was influentialy involved in talks with various third parties whilst only having the views and knowledge of a select few.
Why had the supporters club not informed her of some of our fans views and rivalry with the Rugby Club especially as they had expressed an interest in our club.

Speaking of mobs, anyone remember NASA and DELTAG?

There used to be some massive fights in Alexandra Park at Newtown, Coppers everywhere when it all kicked off.

What grievance does any latics or rugby fan have ? They have a petty feud based on comments from one man.
What are your thoughts on all the other MP's that represent parts of this Borough who have said or done nothing for our cause, and what would your or bickies position be if the MP had done nothing.
Tbh LMB I have only had a positive view of one MP across the 10 or so constituencies I have lived in, Lindsay Hoyle, the rest (of all colours) seem like rats in a barrel interested in climbing the greasy pole first and foremost.
Nandy has been more visible than Fovargue true but the club is in her constituency so more of an embarrassment if not involved.
If she was really minded to she could share far more than she has to this point re discussions with admins, EFL and bidders - and if Wigan was a marginal seat rather than a gimme would have been likelier to have done so - under parliamentary privilege if needed.

Speaking of mobs, anyone remember NASA and DELTAG?

There used to be some massive fights in Alexandra Park at Newtown, Coppers everywhere when it all kicked off.
Not on my radar this T&C as it's not my good but I am intrigued as to why 2 groups of Americans from the space agency and an airline would choose Newtown for a kick off.
Was it about air traffic control authority for rocket launches ? 🤣

If I understand your question correctly and in response I was concerned that she was influentialy involved in talks with various third parties whilst only having the views and knowledge of a select few.
Why had the supporters club not informed her of some of our fans views and rivalry with the Rugby Club especially as they had expressed an interest in our club.

The first conversation I had with LN about our situation was before anything official was put together, the one I were I went into detail about the feud was after it had been touched on by others in meetings, she had not had the depth of feeling explained to her by anyone and asked me and others about it, so that says to me she was seeking wider knowledge about our history as to understand our hopes and needs, as I said she isn't a football or rugby fan so why should she have known, most people in Wigan don't either.

Not on my radar this T&C as it's not my good but I am intrigued as to why 2 groups of Americans from the space agency and an airline would choose Newtown for a kick off.
Was it about air traffic control authority for rocket launches ? 🤣

Please let me educate you, NASA = Newtown And Surrounding Areas, Pemberton, Worsley Hall, Norley Hall, Marsh Green.

DELTEG was a mob made up of Worsley Mesnes, Goose Green, Poolstock, Marus Bridge.

Both sets of areas are either side of Alexandra Park, God knows how they got DELTAG for a name though.

The first conversation I had with LN about our situation was before anything official was put together, the one I were I went into detail about the feud was after it had been touched on by others in meetings, she had not had the depth of feeling explained to her by anyone and asked me and others about it, so that says to me she was seeking wider knowledge about our history as to understand our hopes and needs, as I said she isn't a football or rugby fan so why should she have known, most people in Wigan don't either.
Do you think she knows about Uncle Joe's or that Wigan is an ex mining town or that the baths deep end was 16'6" either - come on LMB most in the town are aware the two don't like each other as they are of the other examples of Wigan DNA 🙈

Status
Not open for further replies.