NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 392 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sick of all this.....waiting anxiously for news......getting my hopes up that anytime soon we are going to get the positive news we are all waiting for.......then Friday comes and we are let down again,having so many questions that we want answering and no way of finding out what’s happening......reading loads of comments for any snippet of good news but just getting more and more confused as I’ve no idea what to believe..........does anyone at all know what is actually with any degree of confidence?

To be fair, they haven't, but PK has. What Begbies did say though, last week, was that We have received written offers which are subject to certain conditions and further due diligence

As of last friday, no-one else was rumoured to have made a bid.

Surely these are the offers they have highlighted today.

As to the rumours from last Friday, who is to say they were correct ?

My point about the admins having nothing to gain from lying about the information they have given today still stands.

I’m sick of all this.....waiting anxiously for news......getting my hopes up that anytime soon we are going to get the positive news we are all waiting for.......then Friday comes and we are let down again,having so many questions that we want answering and no way of finding out what’s happening......reading loads of comments for any snippet of good news but just getting more and more confused as I’ve no idea what to believe..........does anyone at all know what is actually with any degree of confidence?

The admins are the only ones who know exactly what is happening for all interested parties. You'll just have to take what solace you can from their communications until a deal is done or we are liquidated.

I'm mildly reassured that there still appears to be interest in buying us and I am not overly worried as to how long this latest chapter (since the Spanish bail out) is taking because these things do take time. There will be a lot of paperwork and due diligence involved from all parties.

Straight answer....... No!

We are all in the same boat. My advice would be to stop listening to rumours, as the SC have said, and be patient, and keep away from this site if you value your sanity.

Keep the faith Charlz, it will all be sorted eventually.

Surely these are the offers they have highlighted today.

As to the rumours from last Friday, who is to say they were correct ?

My point about the admins having nothing to gain from lying about the information they have given today still stands.

First point - yes, I agree
Second - they were correct. There was sufficient "insider info" flying around, most of it very indiscreetly.
Third - I agree .........other than the (petty) face saving explanation.

None of it makes sense .............. maybe it soon will.

First point - yes, I agree
Second - they were correct. There was sufficient "insider info" flying around, most of it very indiscreetly.
Third - I agree .........other than the (petty) face saving explanation.

None of it makes sense .............. maybe it soon will.

Regarding your second point: They were still rumours and a rumour is a rumour in my book until hard evidence is shown. I have seen no hard evidence to substantiate any of the rumours from last week.

Sorry mate we will have to disagree on this one.

Regarding your second point: They were still rumours and a rumour is a rumour in my book until hard evidence is shown. I have seen no hard evidence to substantiate any of the rumours from last week.

Sorry mate we will have to disagree on this one.

We saw no hard evidence that Moreno had made a bid until the registration on Companies House.

Fair enough though.

I don't believe speculation or rumour ........ but I don't think Frampton's offer and position as the leading bidder has been either.

We saw no hard evidence that Moreno had made a bid until the registration on Companies House.

Fair enough though.

I don't believe speculation or rumour ........ but I don't think Frampton's offer and position as the leading bidder has been either.

Time will tell !

Like you I am happy to speculate about the rumours but until I see either a deposit or a contract I take them with a pinch of salt.

Have a good evening and enjoy the game tomorrow.

Latest tale is the Bolton fellow Halsall has got a new partner Mr Lenegan!

Latest tale is the Bolton fellow Halsall has got a new partner Mr Lenegan!

I suspect this is more bullshit from Nixon to wind folk up and massage his ego, he hasn’t got a clue at present who is or isn’t involved. Last week he said Royle was out, now he’s suggesting he maybe in pot 2.

I suspect this is more bullshit from Nixon to wind folk up and massage his ego, he hasn’t got a clue at present who is or isn’t involved. Last week he said Royle was out, now he’s suggesting he maybe in pot 2.
Totally agree , that's why I posted it,he is getting more desperate by the minute and his guessing about the Royle team sums him up!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree , that's why I posted it,he is getting more desperate by the minute and his guessing about the Title team sums him up!!
I think your "autocorrect" may be getting the better of you. It did the same the other week if I recollect rightly ...............though I suppose to be fair, a Royle (royal) would normally come with a title.

;)

Last week he said Royle was out, now he’s suggesting he maybe in pot 2.

Maybe last week he WAS out if the rumoured ‘money man’ had distanced himself from it.....Now ....he’s formulated a new company (maybe) as a vehicle to promote a new bid (speculation of course) and he has either already secured or continues to be in search of new backers.

I struggle to see how anyone can keep up with all of this whilst retaining any true grasp on the real picture .....there being no ‘real picture’ until all this manoeuvring and posturing forms into something solid.

That today’s position or “announcement” is where we now are, based on last weekend as a springboard or starting point is frankly bizarre.

I think your "autocorrect" may be getting the better of you. It did the same the other week if I recollect rightly ...............though I suppose to be fair, a Royle (royal) would normally come with a title.

;)
Yes indeed,totally infuriating when that happens!!Now corrected it!Thanks for the nod

It is normal to make a bid before showing POF, that's normal in most business dealings. If you are buying a house you normally view it make a bid and then show funds, same goes if you are buying a business.

You don't want to show your hand before making the offer in case the seller tries to take advantage and up the sale price as he sees you have a large bank balance.

But apparently you can put in an acceptable bid before showing proof of funds - so for the exact reason you say why would anyone show proof of funds first? Doesn't seem consistent.

I reckon the only logical assumption is that
- they made a bid (because Begbies more or less said they had last week)
- they've now shown POF
- they haven't revised or confirmed their "bid" as an "offer"
.......... and so Begbies are classing that as not having made a (formal) bid/offer.

Nothing else makes sense.

Nixon has said for past week Frampton was having funds checked and not moved beyond that. From admins statement I imagine that he is one of the 2 or 3 bidders who's POF was imminent.

Status
Not open for further replies.