NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 3 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's our Gareth Bale but without the talent.
Thought he did ok in league 1.Then started well in the championship in 2018,but wasn't the same after that serious hamstring injury.He could be useful for us at league 1 level next season,but his wages could be a problem.
I couldn't see a club in the championship coming in for him as he's been poor since the injury.But I also couldn't see another league 1 club coming in either,as they couldn't match his current wages.

It’s not a fetish it’s fact from people who know. He is not getting paid yet still doing his best for us. I sooner see you leave than him
It's funny you say that. I'm a paying customer. Like it or not, the club needs thousands of people like me right now a lot more than it needs Jonathan Jackson.

Anyway, you can go and congratulate him on a job well done at the big Ashton Town v AFC Wigan local derby next year!

It's funny you say that. I'm a paying customer. Like it or not, the club needs thousands of people like me right now a lot more than it needs Jonathan Jackson.

Anyway, you can go and congratulate him on a job well done at the big Ashton Town v AFC Wigan local derby next year!
Has it really got to this level of nonsense

This is the 1st time I have posted, so please be kind.... Got a few things to say :)

As a club, we have had so many ups and downs... but as we have always said we never give up, and that's a great attribute to have.... its built in our DNA!

However, DNA shows the best and worst of us!

The positives:
Within days of this whole situation starting the fans pulled together and raised an amazing amount of cash to help get us to the end of the season.
We screamed from every rooftop to make people aware of this complete injustice.
We found new beacons of hope with some great people out giving regular updates and interviews.
But most of all we got fully behind the team and supported in every way, even it it was only via TV and social media.

The negatives:
We do what we sadly so often do, that is squabble and argue amongst ourselves.
We turn on anyone looking for an answer and someone to be responsible..... sometimes the wrong ones.

The reason I say this, we all want the same thing. Inevitably we all want the team to survive, not just in league one, but the future as a whole. We may not appreciate every player, but surely to God this year, whoever plays in our new strip must be a potential saviour, as we are going to inevitably be running on a small squad. Whoever manages us needs our full support, the positive voices to encourage us through this whole mess.

We have a right to voice our opinions, but don't be fooled, the players, coaches, Directors and potential new owners will follow what goes on here, even if they don't reply or respond.

Let's try and pull in the same direction, life in 2020 has been bad enough without looking to help the club self implode. As I started, we all want tge same thing, a beloved club to be here after all the smoke clears!

Id really hope so if he is on 13k a week

He's not on 13k a week we have only got that figure from a website that has guessed the numbers and we know many of the others were wrong. It said Robinson was on 16k when he was only on 5k. It said Nick Powell is only on 15k at Stoke which is the same as he was on here but we know Nick left for a massive pay rise. Nixon confirmed Massey wasn't on 13k before relegation and with the salary reduction clauses he's not going to be anywhere near that now. I'd be suprised if it's even half of that maybe a third.

The fetish some Wigan fans have with Jackson is bizarre. Gone from Premier League to L1 under his leadership. The Gelhardt cock up is the final straw for me. He can take his six figure wage and walk. If we’re lucky enough to find a new owner, it’s time for a fresh broom with fresh ideas.
So you actually know what JJ's salary is - amazing.
And what's this Gelhardt thing? All accusations but no explanation.

Still no progress made on any potential takeover. Are we even going to be in a position to start the season? It’s looking more unlikely by the day.

Still no progress made on any potential takeover. Are we even going to be in a position to start the season? It’s looking more unlikely by the day.

Or....................... still no announcement of progress, even though shitloads might have actually taken place, behind closed doors, in private, with no need for publicity at this point.

Maybe.

So you actually know what JJ's salary is - amazing.
And what's this Gelhardt thing? All accusations but no explanation.

UK directors wages were referenced in some of the admin documents i believe, i think they were something like 90-100k. While foreign directors were something like 300k.

The thing will Geldhardt appears to be that we only gave him a 2 year deal with the promise to up his deal later on - instead of just putting him onto a 3 year deal in the first place and locking him down longer (which we could've done and surely would've been the better option knowing how important he was for the future). In the meantime we've gone into admin before we upped his deal and now he only had 1 year left on his deal and was able to comand a cheaper free rather than risk losing him for nothing if he went out of England at the end of next season. Poor decision on our part to not tie him down as long as possible as early as possible and it has bitten us.

The thing is we may not end up getting incremental announcements and we may just hear one day 'something has been agreed'.

We know one offer is on the table from Lennigan and at leasst one maybe from Gayane - if that second offer doesn't come by 31st August then maybe they accept the first one? It's currently a negotiation with buyers trying to keep the cost down and admin trying to get the most possible. We may even be waiting to hear what is going on with this strategy to avoid paying NFL any of the 6m they would be due.

Assuming there is a resonable offer on the table, which is appears there is and that is moving in the right direction (and they have suitable proof of funds) on the eve of the season i think we'll be ok to start as Bolton did.

Thing is zakky you get one person saying there will be news out tuesday others saying the opposite
Really they should keep quiet unless it is genuine folk are fed up has it is without all this fake news
Come on you so called reporters or whatever you are and stop giving fake news out and false hopes and bullshit on twitter
tenor.gif

Thing is zakky you get one person saying there will be news out tuesday others saying the opposite
Really they should keep quiet unless it is genuine folk are fed up has it is without all this fake news
Come on you so called reporters or whatever you are and stop giving fake news out and false hopes and bullshit on twitter
Thing is though what is they were both told by the admin that and they are just relaying on information? We are well aware that Stanley and Krasner say different things. But if that Harry did say that based on assumption then that's obviously poor. But what if he was told that by someone? We will see, I hope we get an update on the Gauthier situation, he ticks all the boxes for me. My fault for getting my hopes up yet again but I feel positive from this one.

UK directors wages were referenced in some of the admin documents i believe, i think they were something like 90-100k. While foreign directors were something like 300k.

The thing will Geldhardt appears to be that we only gave him a 2 year deal with the promise to up his deal later on - instead of just putting him onto a 3 year deal in the first place and locking him down longer (which we could've done and surely would've been the better option knowing how important he was for the future). In the meantime we've gone into admin before we upped his deal and now he only had 1 year left on his deal and was able to comand a cheaper free rather than risk losing him for nothing if he went out of England at the end of next season. Poor decision on our part to not tie him down as long as possible as early as possible and it has bitten us.

I thought the thing with Gelhardt was we tried to sign him on a 5 year deal but because of his age could only tie him down to a 3 year deal.
We got told this when we registered the deal but no one at Latics picked up on it until it was to late.

Thing is though what is they were both told by the admin that and they are just relaying on information? We are well aware that Stanley and Krasner say different things. But if that Harry did say that based on assumption then that's obviously poor. But what if he was told that by someone? We will see, I hope we get an update on the Gauthier situation, he ticks all the boxes for me. My fault for getting my hopes up yet again but I feel positive from this one.
Problem is we can all guess what might have been said and its just that a guess
Like me saying Frenchman walked around last week told admin things look great will be in touch monday or tuesday so someone mentions it to likes of harry and co but it falls through and makes harry and co look silly after
Now sorry harry for mentioning your name in this it was just an example of how false information could happen

The thing is we may not end up getting incremental announcements and we may just hear one day 'something has been agreed'.

We know one offer is on the table from Lennigan and at leasst one maybe from Gayane - if that second offer doesn't come by 31st August then maybe they accept the first one? It's currently a negotiation with buyers trying to keep the cost down and admin trying to get the most possible. We may even be waiting to hear what is going on with this strategy to avoid paying NFL any of the 6m they would be due.

Assuming there is a resonable offer on the table, which is appears there is and that is moving in the right direction (and they have suitable proof of funds) on the eve of the season i think we'll be ok to start as Bolton did.
Last we heard was Ganaye had been round Euxton? That was last week and he’s not been back yet according to Nixon (who broke the story). The fact that he didn’t reveal his backers is a big red flag because it means they either don’t exist or they haven’t committed to the takeover yet and he doesn’t want to reveal them because they may just back off. He wouldn’t have outed himself to Nixon without revealing his backers if they were down the line with a deal.

Is the Lenegan offer actually on the table? If so has it been revealed how much he has offered (enough to pay the creditors)?

I thought the thing with Gelhardt was we tried to sign him on a 5 year deal but because of his age could only tie him down to a 3 year deal.
We got told this when we registered the deal but no one at Latics picked up on it until it was to late.

That's not what i heard but that could be right as you can only sign up to 3 years when you are 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.