NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 267 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rugby owning the stadium will be the end for many
Strange how some folk appear when things go tits up on here especially scum from the Warriors and bolton
Bickymon
If it came down to a straight decision to be made by you and you alone and the choice was

a) Lenegan buys the stadium, but Latics survive and are run on a shoestring, struggling in league two for the foreseeable future
or
b) Latics fold.

What would be your decision ?

Nandy statement pretty much confirms RRR bid in and she is backing it, also echos SCs sentiments that EFL were right to reject and there is no interest in a repackaged Spanish bid. Clearly behind the scenes there was serious issues with the Spanish proposal that even now aren't being disclosed beyond Garrido. Signs have been there for a while so no suprise whatsoever.

Hey its the muppet show

Bickymon
If it came down to a straight decision to be made by you and you alone and the choice was

a) Lenegan buys the stadium, but Latics survive and are run on a shoestring, struggling in league two for the foreseeable future
or
b) Latics fold.

What would be your decision ?
I fear you would not like my answer

Interesting developments really thought the Spanish where the best option to save our club and do hope that Moreno does not walk away and gets a new player involved
But I feel he might do now
Now after reading the sc letter I feel they now will get the nod from Nandy and the leneghan brigade to take control of the club with the sale of stadium to the enemy from within this to some fans will be the end and too hard for alot of fans to take
But good news for those closet leneghan
fans on here and you know who you are you stick out like a sore thumb the club I have supported since a child and loved is coming to a final end destroyed from within very surprised by the sc role in all of this if they do what I feel is going to happen now f

Share your concerns about Pollard, but I don’t see anything, yet, to suggest he’s going to succeed.

The idea of the SC buying the club was, and still is, a bad idea. If a football club doesn’t own its ground the problems are plentiful. Not so much of any issue for rugby. The rift and split in the fanbase should it happen would be huge making any future sale of the club extremely difficult.

It's looking increasingly like if there is a deal to be done its going to be the one where the rugby get the stadium and the football can concentrate on getting the club on the straight and narrow. Not a bad thing in my view. It's the best deal all around and should have been completed 4 months ago then this mess would have been a 'What if' scenario, as it is though, this mess is now because of a result of no deal being done. I said in early summer this deal would represent the best one for all concerned but the admins stuck around either to waste time and earn more or thinking some oil tycoon was going to come in or both.
Prefer the Spanish and to make the stadium profitable treble the Rugby's rent if need be.

Humour me Bicky, I won't judge, I'm curious as to how far your hatred of the rugby would take you, or are you one of these who preaches long and loud but ultimately won't put declare their position openly. I didn't think you were !

Share your concerns about Pollard, but I don’t see anything, yet, to suggest he’s going to succeed.

The idea of the SC buying the club was, and still is, a bad idea. If a football club doesn’t own its ground the problems are plentiful. Not so much of any issue for rugby. The rift and split in the fanbase should it happen would be huge making any future sale of the club extremely difficult.
Agree most and i count myself and many i know if worst comes to the worst will walk away after a stitch up which i feel this to be

Humour me Bicky, I won't judge, I'm curious as to how far your hatred of the rugby would take you, or are you one of these who preaches long and loud but ultimately won't put declare their position openly. I didn't think you were !
I would sooner my club die than be under that scum my hatred runs very high

Rugby owning the stadium will be the end for many
Strange how some folk appear when things go tits up on here especially scum from the Warriors and bolton

What is the DW its our home our identity our independence from your rugby team real latics fans who love the club will feel the same
Only those the enemy from within will think otherwise and there are one or two on here

Your obsession with calling everybody who thinks this is a good idea a rugby mon, leneghan lover, council puppet etc etc cet blah blah blah yada yada yada is a really strange personality defect you have. I made my position clear when i first posted on this subject. You don't think it's a good idea, no problem. That is your right as it is your opinion and you would rather see the club fold than have any association with anything at all rugby related. That is your right too as it is your view. You call people WUM's etc but i don't understand why YOU are here to be honest as it is pretty clear you are no Wigan Athletic fan. You just hate all things rugby. NO FAN in the world would want to see their club fold except you it would seem. The only WUM around here is you. You are no fan of anybody, just one of those people at war with the world.

Sc seem to be walking away from spanish idea and are leaning towards something else
Something i cant put my finger on ,but maybe it could be a power grab for a short period with sale of dw to leneghan orchestrated by leneghan puppet and co
I only see 2 options in my opinion well a third but thats the end
1 moreno pisses on the EFL brings in a new partner
2 royale and co save the day
3 the nightmare before christmas sc stab us in the back sell off our main asset to the enemy and the puppet queen

i'm glad Bicky that you at least accept that there are indeed other options available before Lenegan might become part of the solution.

If it comes to the point where no other bidder is left standing, and we are indeed in danger of being liquidated, then, and only then, Lenagan's offer may well prove to be a lifeline. It won't be a case of the SC stabbing anyone in the back, it will be a case of them turning up on their white charger - with our money, admittedly - and making sure that we continue to (somehow) continues as Wigan Athletic.

Well I would like to see us withdraw from the football league and re-group down the bottom of the pyramid and ground share somewhere else.
For one the journey could be like that of Wimbledon or Newport and be pretty brilliant.
Secondly would be nice to see Pollard struggling with the loss of rental income from rents trying to maintain a stadium with gates dropping as the same money wouldn't be there to buy success as they have done on their pittance rent agreement.

Sadly don't trust either the Supporters Club and our M P Lisa Nandy and that is the problem.
Fans have been kept in the dark during the whole period sadly not helped by any leadership from anyone.
The local press has been missing in action and only now are promising to ask the questions that should have been raised months ago.

Think what you will of an MP, and even the press, but I can't see what the SC have done to earn your mistrust.

Granted, they could maybe have done a better job of comms at times, though we have to understand that they were restricted in what they could see.

For them not to be trusted is, I think, an unwarranted sleight on their character.

Your obsession with calling everybody who thinks this is a good idea a rugby mon, leneghan lover, council puppet etc etc cet blah blah blah yada yada yada is a really strange personality defect you have. I made my position clear when i first posted on this subject. You don't think it's a good idea, no problem. That is your right as it is your opinion and you would rather see the club fold than have any association with anything at all rugby related. That is your right too as it is your view. You call people WUM's etc but i don't understand why YOU are here to be honest as it is pretty clear you are no Wigan Athletic fan. You just hate all things rugby. NO FAN in the world would want to see their club fold except you it would seem. The only WUM around here is you. You are no fan of anybody, just one of those people at war with the world.
This is a latics site not a rugby site thats why im here funny howyou only pop up now and then aint it real hardent latics fans want fuck all do with any rugby connections

Sadly don't trust either the Supporters Club and our M P Lisa Nandy and that is the problem.
Fans have been kept in the dark during the whole period sadly not helped by any leadership from anyone.
The local press has been missing in action and only now are promising to ask the questions that should have been raised months ago.

As others have pointed out they aren’t professionals, this situation is new for them so they don’t get everything right. We all want information but we also need to understand sometimes things are confidential. However they could have communicated more regularly without actually communicating anything. Sounds stupid to say but it provides reassurance even though there maybe little of substance.

Nandy is a politician and with the greatest respect to her knows little about football or the history and nuances in the town between us and the egg chasers. However she has certainly been giving the impression at least that she’s been trying to help, though what she’s actually achieved ive no idea.

As for the local rag I do agree with you, it’s been absolutely woeful. I nearly spat out my brew when I saw last night Kendrick promising to start asking difficult questions.

i'm glad Bicky that you at least accept that there are indeed other options available before Lenegan might become part of the solution.

If it comes to the point where no other bidder is left standing, and we are indeed in danger of being liquidated, then, and only then, Lenagan's offer may well prove to be a lifeline. It won't be a case of the SC stabbing anyone in the back, it will be a case of them turning up on their white charger - with our money, admittedly - and making sure that we continue to (somehow) continues as Wigan Athletic.
On that moonay if it did happen and dread that faitfull day will see the fanbase split and would wish those that will remain and what is left of WAFC all the best for the future

This is a latics site not a rugby site thats why im here funny howyou only pop up now and then aint it real hardent latics fans want fuck all do with any rugby connections

Firstly, I don't 'just pop up now and again' i am on here every day but don't feel the need to comment on everything i see, i commented on a post yesterday about something completely different.

Secondly, most of the time i browse this forum i am on my break at work having some scran. The last thing on my mind is logging on and replying to folk with strange agendas. Bicky's law :- Comment on here every day or you are a 'chubster' or Bolton fan. Pure gold. You are at your funniest when you don't mean to be. In a time where the club needs as many people rallying around it as possible you want to narrow it down to a few hardcore lads who stood in the Shevvy end in the 80's who all know how to spit the same vitriol about Maurice Lindsay etc, just let it go.

Thirdly, The view of you and a very very small percentage of those '80's hardcore fans' on here is a very dangerous one. You actually want your club to fold. Think about that. You want your club to fold. What kind of person wants their club to fold? I don't understand that mindset i really don't. If that happens at least you and your little smattering of mates on here can stand on the terraces (well out in the open) at Ashton Town on a winters Tuesday night in the piss rain and say to each other "At least we aren't playing in a Leneghan owned stadium, we could be in the Championship now but at least we got what we wanted"

On that moonay if it did happen and dread that faitfull day will see the fanbase split and would wish those that will remain and what is left of WAFC all the best for the future

I get that Bicky, and it would be a tragic day indeed........... but it would surely be a better one than if WAFC died.

Someone simply needs to do something now before it's too late.
Spanish amend bid to get it done
Admins remove exclusivity
SC use the money to support a bid
Royle get your money down
Nandy stop talking generalistic bollocks
Kendrick do your job - properly
Pollard - no words for his manoeuvrings

Fiddling while Rome burns the feckin lot of em whilst our club disintegrates

That matter months of delay the EFL chose to release a written statement on a Friday night with no specific detail attached and no Q&A once again demonstrates their disdain for our club - if it where Derby or Sheff Wed etc - would it be handled the same 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.