NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 167 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you register you only get about 5 views a week and the amount of stuff WEP puts on Twitter these days that's soon gone
To be fair Zakky, if anyone intends reading more than 5 articles a week, then they really should be forking out for the paper.

I posted the link, and anyone could have read it if they'd a mind to.

Not getting into a ping pong match with you if you want to buy it fine

But you (unnecessarily) started the ping pong ....................... and I don't buy it ................... and presumably, neither do you, but you were still able to read and c&p the article..............maybe because you've registered.
:rolleyes:

Wigan Today understands the takeover – which initially was greatly welcomed among the Latics fanbase – may not be the beacon of hope once thought.
Staff are believed to have been informed of a proposed 30 per cent cut in their wages, with a huge question mark over the long-term future of the club’s Academy.

It’s also not clear how much – if any – involvement the Supporters Club would have, despite having raised around £800,000 to save the club.
When asked whether it was his job to look after the best interests of the club or the creditors, Krasner replied: “I have a duty to sell the football club for the best possible price, and that’s what we’ve done. I’m not a moralist.”
It’s understood a couple of other groups – one involving former executive chairman Darren Royle – are waiting in the wings to pounce if the EFL flags up an issue.

We 'understand it may not be'

'it is believed'

'question marks over'

'It is not clear'

Kind of covering all bases there. Basically we are reporting rumours and don't really know anything. There was literally zero info in that article and just 'maybe it is and maybe it's not real'. It's pretty much click bait.

If you were the club journalist and apparently staff are being told to take a 30% pay cut - you must know some people at the club, wouldn't you check with them? You wouldn't need to publish their names but you could find out if the story is true or made it at the very least rather than just repeating what another paper said.

To be fair Zakky, if anyone intends reading more than 5 articles a week, then they really should be forking out for the paper.

I posted the link, and anyone could have read it if they'd a mind to.

To be fair they put up a lot of articles with interesting headlines which turn out to have very little substance or that haven't already been reported elsewhere. So i can see why people click on more than 5 articles in the hope that they might find out something new or interesting but are left mostly disappointed and wouldn't want to risk paying for more of the same. If all the articles were good i'd agree with you though.

'it is believed'

'question marks over'

'It is not clear'

Kind of covering all bases there. Basically we are reporting rumours and don't really know anything. There was literally zero info in that article and just 'maybe it is and maybe it's not real'. It's pretty much click bait.

If you were the club journalist and apparently staff are being told to take a 30% pay cut - you must know some people at the club, wouldn't you check with them? You wouldn't need to publish their names but you could find out if the story is true or made it at the very least rather than just repeating what another paper said.
Totally agree with this king,awful journalism,and a lad on twitter who asked him to report facts and not heresay was blocked by him and the Wigan Today twitter!Pathetic

To be fair they put up a lot of articles with interesting headlines which turn out to have very little substance or that haven't already been reported elsewhere. So i can see why people click on more than 5 articles in the hope that they might find out something new or interesting but are left mostly disappointed and wouldn't want to risk paying for more of the same. If all the articles were good i'd agree with you though.
I fully agree ........which is why i don't bother looking unless I think there's likely to be some decent info .................... but in this case, like you say, the headline promised a lot more than it delivered.

Totally agree with this king,awful journalism,and a lad on twitter who asked him to report facts and not heresay was blocked by him and the Wigan Today twitter!Pathetic

He suddenly starts reporting negatives on the takeover now royals are interested, clearly pushing for his mates to takeover. We are not even sure if we are to even believe the Spanish intentions. Have to wait for the EFL to make a decisions, and even then, MBUZZ are still around, can the Royles even compete financially?

'it is believed'

'question marks over'

'It is not clear'

Think they me need to get Jay Whittle on the case....I'm sure he could get more info out there!!!!

'it is believed'

'question marks over'

'It is not clear'

Looks like Mr Kendricks done a training course at the BBC 🤣

Nixon saying EFL being thorough and still asking questions and need answers on the funding.

Sounds like it's not as straightforward as you'd hope.

Looking like admins prediction for deal done by the end of month could be missed.

But I'm ok with that as I'd prefer the EFL to do it properly rather than what they did with Yeung which got us into this mess. If that means the deals collapses then that's good as we don't want to be back here in 12 months, but if it passes but takes longer thats also good as it means the new owners should be legit.

Nixon saying EFL being thorough and still asking questions and need answers on the funding.

Sounds like it's not as straightforward as you'd hope.

Looking like admins prediction for deal done by the end of month will be missed.

But I'm ok with that as I'd prefer the EFL to do it properly rather than what they did with Yeung which got us into this mess. If that means the deals collapses then that's good as we don't want to be back here in 12 months, if it passes but takes longer then we know the new owners should be legit.
Wigan Today are reporting that there is 2pm meeting tomorrow with all the concerned parties, if they were still concerned over the funding surely they would still just be dealing wih the Spanish consortium.

Wigan Today are reporting that there is 2pm meeting tomorrow with all the concerned parties, if they were still concerned over the funding surely they would still just be dealing wih the Spanish consortium.
I think that will mean all concerned parties in relation to the Spanish bid. Not those waiting in the wings.

Certainly sounds more promising. Let's hope it's right.

The bit I found encouraging was they see this as a long term project as any other interpretation of the job would be unrealistic and probably mean the buyer didn't know what they were getting into.

Status
Not open for further replies.