NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 164 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so it takes weeks for the EFL to sift through a few pages but what are the admins doing to warrant still receiving 10k a day. I know chocolate knobs and Earl Grey is expensive but, please.

I also think the £10k per day figure is a bit of a myth has anyone got proof that this is what they are being paid ?

I also think the £10k per day figure is a bit of a myth has anyone got proof that this is what they are being paid ?

Administrator figures from their own documents have been posted on this forum and their figures were published online at companies house.
They also have an enhanced rate too.
Feel free to search and check for yourself if they are a myth.

Has anyone been able to buy a new home kit from the club shop this week ?

Hopefully the delay by the EFL means they are actually giving it some due diligence this time, instead of just asking the potential buyer "are you fit to run the club or are you a dodgy c***??"

I think it has been pointed out on here before that they don't bill by the day, I think it's something weird like by the 6 minute interval or something. The 10k would be if they billed a lot of hours at a substantial rate and is an easy "headline grabber" for media outlets and politicians.

in reality they will bill for the hours they actively work on stuff, some will be hefty days if they do longer hours, some days will be much less if there's rock all to do that day. Some will be substantial hourly rates if the big boys (pun intended) are involved, others will be less so if it's juniors doing the leg work.

It will all be auditable by the powers that be.

OK so it takes weeks for the EFL to sift through a few pages but what are the admins doing to warrant still receiving 10k a day. I know chocolate knobs and Earl Grey is expensive but, please.

Hindley, I know you keep mentioning the £10k however that is not what they are getting.

Their payment will be based on hours worked and expenditure, which will be submitted and audited before they receive any money. At the beginning of the administration there would be much more to do, hence more hours worked, than at the end. I suspect that most of the hours being worked now will be by junior staff whose rates of pay will be significantly less than that of the three senior level admins.

The figure you keep quoting was for a specific period, if my memory serves me right it was for the appeal process, and not a daily rate for the whole of the period.

It has also been stated that the football club will not pay any of their bill, it will be taken from the sale of the property assets. That is money that would have gone to our former chinese owners who will now get zilch.

Barry on the PWU Podcast said he’s a “a lot less excited” about the potential new owners than he was two weeks ago.

Worrying times by the sound of it...

Hindley, I know you keep mentioning the £10k however that is not what they are getting.

Their payment will be based on hours worked and expenditure, which will be submitted and audited before they receive any money. At the beginning of the administration there would be much more to do, hence more hours worked, than at the end. I suspect that most of the hours being worked now will be by junior staff whose rates of pay will be significantly less than that of the three senior level admins.

The figure you keep quoting was for a specific period, if my memory serves me right ....

Stop it mate I'm filling up here. Maybe we can have a whip round if they're struggling to afford the chocolate knobs.

Stop it mate I'm filling up here. Maybe we can have a whip round if they're struggling to afford the chocolate knobs.

Don't think they will be struggling mate, but certainly not ripping the club off as people would have it.

I take it that you don't believe in free enterprise economies. :whist:

Barry on the PWU Podcast said he’s a “a lot less excited” about the potential new owners than he was two weeks ago.

Worrying times by the sound of it...

Just listened myself yeh if Barry is saying that it's a bit worrying to say the least

Just listened myself yeh if Barry is saying that it's a bit worrying to say the least

He's probably less excited because the initial hype was that they were connected to a Spanish Club and that we were going to be a feeder club for them with all their young talent coming over to play for us.

Whereas the reality is that we are being bought by a venture capital company who will be looking to trade us within a tight budget and sell us on for a profit in the coming years.

I think most of us are less excited about the prospect but things are as they are and we have little option but to go with it.

These guys are going to be good or bad for us, there will really be no in-between. The good thing is we know their aim and they need success on the field to do that. They'll run us lean, they'll be trying to show we have potential as a club and they'll be extremely interested in developing youth as assets.

Don't think they will be struggling mate, but certainly not ripping the club off as people would have it.

I take it that you don't believe in free enterprise economies. :whist:

You could look at it another way. If they are being paid by the hour what is to say they aren't 'on call' and being available 24 hours a day as they have been dealing with people overseas. So the figure could be upwards of 20k a day. You never know. It would be legal.

You could look at it another way. If they are being paid by the hour what is to say they aren't 'on call' and being available 24 hours a day as they have been dealing with people overseas. So the figure could be upwards of 20k a day. You never know. It would be legal.

Fortunately for us that is not the way it works. They will charge for hours worked and expenses incurred, not as you say for being "on call". All of their claim will need to be supported by time sheets and expense invoices which can and will be scrutinised by independent auditors and creditors as in the end it is the creditors that will suffer if they are overcharging by reducing their pay out.

Fortunately for us that is not the way it works. They will charge for hours worked and expenses incurred, not as you say for being "on call". All of their claim will need to be supported by time sheets and expense invoices which can and will be scrutinised by independent auditors and creditors as in the end it is the creditors that will suffer if they are overcharging by reducing their pay out.
Let's be honest, oversight on these guys is not stringent. With them being agents of the court and any complaints having to be made on a legal basis it's ice skating up hill. They will charge what they charge and anyone who doesn't like it can take legal action, in which they will lose!

Can someone explain why everyone is worried about the admin fees when Krasner, in an interview with Jay Whittle two weeks, on you tube, s pecifically says that Wigan Athletic are not responsible for their fees as Yeung has agreed, in addition to righting off the loan, to cover these costs. The interview is about an hour and a half but the fees question is at about 1.25 hrs in.

Also when asked about the bidders ability to look after club long term, he answers "depends on what you call long term". Jay then responds 5 tp 10 yrs and Krasner says "that is not part of our job". This to me indicates that expansion in the short to medium term was not a priority, but simply finding a buyer.

Also Krasner said thay should have an answer from the EFL "good or bad" by the end of Octobethe, which again didn't fill me with enthusiasm about the viabililty of the new owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.