New sponsor announced | Page 2 | Vital Football

New sponsor announced

Yeah bring back Luke and his no blue sleeves. I would love to see another shirt meltdown. That was hilarious.

Easily my favourite Villa shirt in at least a decade or more and yes the added meltdown about them just made amusing reading.

As for the sponsorship, glad we've moved away from betting companies. As for Cazoo, can't say I've ever used them but I've heard of them which is more than I can say for a few of our sponsors in recent years. So long as they pay us a decent amount then who cares.

How much are we getting from the same company?

Everton sign new shirt sponsorship deal worth £27m
The current agreement with betting firm SportPesa expires at the end of the 2019/20 season

"Everton have announced a three-year sponsorship deal with e-commerce business Cazoo worth an estimated £27 million. "

The Merseyside club is ending its relationship with betting firm SportPesa at the end of the current season, with new branding on the front of first team playing and training kits introduced for the start of the 2020/21 campaign.
Everton have not released the financial terms, but it is understood to be similar to the previous arrangement which was worth around £9.6 million a year."

Full Article https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/08/everton-sign-new-shirt-sponsorship-deal-worth-27m/

How much are we getting from the same company?

Everton sign new shirt sponsorship deal worth £27m
The current agreement with betting firm SportPesa expires at the end of the 2019/20 season

"Everton have announced a three-year sponsorship deal with e-commerce business Cazoo worth an estimated £27 million. "

The Merseyside club is ending its relationship with betting firm SportPesa at the end of the current season, with new branding on the front of first team playing and training kits introduced for the start of the 2020/21 campaign.
Everton have not released the financial terms, but it is understood to be similar to the previous arrangement which was worth around £9.6 million a year."

Full Article https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/06/08/everton-sign-new-shirt-sponsorship-deal-worth-27m/

I think we were getting similar this year from W888 , but I guess next seasons rate will be dependant on which league we are in.

Gulp !!!!

No idea on value yet but I'd guess the deal is staggered to account for PL or Champ - but my guess is two year for us and if that Everton figure is correct, PL maybe £17-20m but if Champ £10-14m absolute tops, if not less.

Surely if we've already announced them as our sponsor then we've already agreed the payment. No matter the league we're in.

Surely if we've already announced them as our sponsor then we've already agreed the payment. No matter the league we're in.

Yup, but my guess is the contract has an A and B option to cover both eventualities. It may already be signed, but it doesn't come into force until July 1 - so won't yet have had any cash off them.

Also, how is it pronounced?

I imagine it sounds like the 'instrument' but feels like it should be more like car-zoo - a bit like the Ford Ka.

It sounds like the type of business that won't last long to me.

I can understand buying a brand new car online but not a used one.

It sounds like the type of business that won't last long to me.

I can understand buying a brand new car online but not a used one.

There’s a huge used car place in London called Cargiant, where every car there is checked and the price is set (very competitive), if you want to buy you talk to an admin guy not a salesman. It works well, we got my missus a car from there for a great price which was an ex pool car.

This is a step further, I personally couldn’t buy a used car without test driving and checking it out but I did get my car from a dealership from Sunderland which I bought over the phone after test driving models close to home. I had a video of the car from the sales guy and because it was a main dealer and pretty new, I trusted it.

As a brand name, they just need it to be in people’s subconsciousness and anything they sell will have to be faultless or they’ll not have a business. Still an odd concept to me, as buying a car is an exciting thing for me, but as people get more time pressured maybe people are happy to order from the internet.

In terms of our income from the deal, the Chanpionship is the third most watched league in the world - now as this is a U.K. based company, that doesn’t overly matter. When we were in the championship we were on TV every other week, so arguably there’s more airtime from us being down!

I once test drove a used car which was at a local dealer as they hadn't got a demonstrator of the car I was interested in. The car was on their forecourt for sale and wasn't cheap,

When I drove the car it didn't steer straight, the brakes were terrible and the engine felt like it had been totally thrashed.

Imagine buying something like that without a test drive.

I once test drove a used car which was at a local dealer as they hadn't got a demonstrator of the car I was interested in. The car was on their forecourt for sale and wasn't cheap,

When I drove the car it didn't steer straight, the brakes were terrible and the engine felt like it had been totally thrashed.

Imagine buying something like that without a test drive.

I guess their (Cazoo) aspirations are higher than “local dealer”! I’ve been to see a car that had an interesting weld job in the boot from a local dealer.

Anyway, as long as they pay the money and don’t give us any PR disasters then ultimately that’s all I care about. Vehicle companies have always done well after sponsoring Villa :ooops:

Not that it matters but having seen their logo I think it could look quite good on a football shirt.

I guess their (Cazoo) aspirations are higher than “local dealer”! I’ve been to see a car that had an interesting weld job in the boot from a local dealer.

Anyway, as long as they pay the money and don’t give us any PR disasters then ultimately that’s all I care about. Vehicle companies have always done well after sponsoring Villa :ooops:

True I think most companies that have sponsored the Villa have disappeared except Muller Yogurts