New Signings | Vital Football

New Signings

collingham imps

Vital Squad Member
According to DC we were getting close - any rumours - at least in the bad old days we had all sorts of rumours - where's Miller, Akinola and Whitehouse - plus other mystery striker - by the way Dwight York is now looking for a managerial position - Wrexham?

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: falling asleep waiting :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Hi Collingham

It's better to wait for DC to get the right player in that he wants to better our team, than to rush it and get another one like Champion.

I'm doubtful Champion has been recalled per se. I think, while Barnet *might* need another body, Champion didn't particularly enjoy his time here and, after all, came here to play games, which he obviously wasn't going to get if we're judging him on his first 2 or 3 appearances.

And of course, DC pretty much admitted he made a mistake on that one.

Champion being allowed to go back, in my opinion, opens a door.

I've been half assuming, rightly or wrongly, that whoever might be earmarked would be cup-tied and with our week with the replay basically going - matchday, day off, recovery day, match day, day off then there's been no point in announcing anything. Not as if we've been around the training ground enough to be caught out and someone spotting a new player.

Certainly need to strengthen going forward I get the feeling the Theo deal is for him to get offered a FL contract on the back of half a dozen decent performances

available for saturday...

the eleven that started last night

plus [4]:
muldoon
power
mccombe
walker [gk]

maybes [1]:
arnold

very slim possibilities [2]:
marriott and miles

not many options there. ideal time to be bringing someone or two in...

http://m.nuneaton-news.co.uk/imps-are-set-to-sign-nuneaton-talisman-this-week/story-29820091-detail/story.html

Excited about Whitehouse. Hopefully him and Woodyard can form a good partnership. It gives Cowley the Beevers/Wood headache again which is a good one to have.

One more striker, get Anderson for the season and potentially another winger and we'll have our squad.

Another centre back maybe or is Beevers adequate cover along with the semi-retired McCombe ?
Attacking options are the main priority clearly with Whitehouse providing the attacking CM role.
Is Akinola a winger or a forward?

Elliott Whitehouse is a client of elite management along with several of the squad that have arrived since the Cowleys joined, coincidence?

Davidimp - 19/10/2016 20:42

Another centre back maybe or is Beevers adequate cover along with the semi-retired McCombe ?
Attacking options are the main priority clearly with Whitehouse providing the attacking CM role.

He can and does play both.

Cricklewoodimp - 19/10/2016 20:51

Davidimp - 19/10/2016 20:42

He can and does play both.
Ta muchly that's good then 2 players for the price of 1 once he arrives hopefully.

Davidimp - 19/10/2016 20:50

Elliott Whitehouse is a client of elite management along with several of the squad that have arrived since the Cowleys joined, coincidence?
Only a couple - Raggett and Woodyard I think.

Keep going great guns in the cup and pretty much sign who we need at this level. I've said it before but I'm convinced we are where we are because of our abject cup record and resultant non accumulation of revenue streams from that source year after year after year ad nauseum. Please let us have turned the corner.

No sign of Whitehouse signing not going to happen if he does not sign today, could he have be tempted elsewhere starting to look that way.

helgy - 20/10/2016 08:09

No sign of Whitehouse signing not going to happen if he does not sign today, could he have be tempted elsewhere starting to look that way.

Haha calm yourself Helgy. He was never signing for us - missus just here shopping remember. LMAO.